• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is The Hell Fire Justice

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Peace
If your an atheist what makes you think God has children?
your mixed up in your mind, I believe were the children of Adam,
if you read carefully it means God loves some of his creation and
dislikes some.
do you love everyone youve ever known if not and im SURE
you dont then why must God?:)
\
If god doesn't love everyone, and humans don't love everyone, then why should anyone love god? Because if you don't, he'll punish you?

That's a very dumb and patently insincere reason to choose to follow a religion :rolleyes:

cardero

Citizen Mod
\
If god doesn't love everyone, and humans don't love everyone, then why should anyone love god? Because if you don't, he'll punish you?

That's a very dumb and patently insincere reason to choose to follow a religion :rolleyes:
Another theory that doesn’t really wash with me is that some religions proclaim that God owns our lives. If he created us, as humans we are obligated to fulfill God’s purpose or follow His will. If this is true than it really doesn’t matter what we do, God we’ll do what He wants to do with our existence anyway, which really doesn’t afford one their own existence, just an existence that is constantly steeped in fear and superstition.

Kcnorwood

I've never understood why someone would follow any faith out of fear that's always been way beyond me. :shrug:

Ronald

There are two methods of "Koshering" something, by immersion and by passing it through fire.
When God renewed the earth in the days of Noach, he immersed it! When the end of the age comes he will kosher it by fire, both the Heavens and the Earth!
I suppose the wicked people who were drowned and the ones to burn up were shaking a fist at the loving God who had and has sent out many invitations to turn from evil and return to him and the Kingdom. Saying He is evil or wicked because you are is about a stupid a claim as can be made!

He has said you choose either life or death! You chose! Either shout Hallelulyah or shut up and take your choice like the man you claimed to be.

Shalom

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I've never understood why someone would follow any faith out of fear that's always been way beyond me. :shrug:
Oh that one is easy, in Islam there is this notion of great rewards for the pious believer. It is a primitive "carrot or the stick" or "reward and punishment" approach used to frighten small kiddies and delude the believer. It is a rather egotistical motivational training, at best. This life is nothing but a test and the true life is in the afterlife... apparently. Is that about right my dear Muslims? Feel free to correct me as I am likely misunderstanding things... again.

Aside from this, I personally do not see exactly how Hellfire could probably be described as justice. We have no way of knowing what actually happens after death, so it is all merely speculation and that Hellfire is likely figments of some pretty disturbed minds.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Enjoy the pictures Love. It always fills my mind with wonder looking at them because the images left their systems millions, if not billions of years before Hubble snapped 'em. Now that is humbling stuff. In a way, I can see where primitive concepts like Heaven and Hell came from, but I would rather see the real images than goes by the insane ramblings in ancient books.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
I do not fear "hellfire" because it does not exist. It's a symbol for pain of separation from God, but even that separation which burns like "hellfire" is not permanent and the soul progresses towards God in the next life despite how badly it may have done the job in this one.

regards,
Scott
And you know this how !!!! ,

Is this relative thinking ,because it sure sounds soothing to assume there is no hell ,it's certainly a line of thought that many will hold to.
Jesus must be a liar or just plain wrong regarding all his teaching on the subject of hell ,condemnation etc. not to mention the whole of scripture that deals with this topic.

I mean come on who wants to accept this teaching, it's more convenient to deny ,refute or ignore it and believe something that will be more beneficial to individuals well being
2Ti 4:3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

1Ti 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

mcteethinator

Idiosyncratic Muslim
How so?

And, hurting one's self isn't murder, that's suicide. So, I still fail to see how not being a Muslim is akin to killing someone.

Non-Muslims go to heaven too. It's including anyone who believes in one God and the last day and does good works. Doesn't say anything about being a Muslim.

Now, Christianity on the other hand... says directly that if you do not accept Jesus as your saviour you are going to hell.

Popeyesays

And you know this how !!!! ,

Is this relative thinking ,because it sure sounds soothing to assume there is no hell ,it's certainly a line of thought that many will hold to.
Jesus must be a liar or just plain wrong regarding all his teaching on the subject of hell ,condemnation etc. not to mention the whole of scripture that deals with this topic.

I mean come on who wants to accept this teaching, it's more convenient to deny ,refute or ignore it and believe something that will be more beneficial to individuals well being
2Ti 4:3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

1Ti 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

"12. Know thou of a certainty that Love is the secret of God's holy Dispensation, the manifestation of the All-Merciful, the fountain of spiritual outpourings. Love is heaven's kindly light, the Holy Spirit's eternal breath that vivifieth the human soul. Love is the cause of God's revelation unto man, the vital bond inherent, in accordance with the divine creation, in the realities of things. Love is the one means that ensureth true felicity both in this world and the next. Love is the light that guideth in darkness, the living link that uniteth God with man, that assureth the progress of every illumined soul. Love is the most great law that ruleth this mighty and heavenly cycle, the unique power that bindeth together the divers elements of this material world, the supreme magnetic force that directeth the movements of the spheres in the celestial realms. Love revealeth with unfailing and limitless power the mysteries latent in the universe. Love is the spirit of life unto the adorned body of mankind, the establisher of true civilization in this mortal world, and the shedder of imperishable glory upon every high-aiming race and nation"
(Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 27)

"It is evident that the divine nearness is an unlimited nearness, be it in this world or the next one. This is a nearness which is sanctified from the comprehension of the minds. The more a man seeketh light from the Sun of Truth, the nearer he will draw. For 205 instance, a clear body is near unto the sun, and a black stone is far from the sun. This nearness dependeth upon clearness, purity and perfection and that remoteness is due to density, dullness (or obscurity) and imperfection.
As to the question whether the souls will recognize each other in the spiritual world: This (fact) is certain; for the Kingdom is the world of vision (i. e., things are visible in it), where all concealed realities will become disclosed. How much more the well-known souls will become manifest. The mysteries of which man is heedless in this earthly world, those will he discover in the heavenly world, and there will he be informed of the secret of truth; how much more will he recognize or discover persons with whom he hath been associated. Undoubtedly, the holy souls who find a pure eye and are favored with insight will, in the kingdom of lights, be acquainted with all mysteries, and will seek the bounty of witnessing the reality of every great soul. Even they will manifestly behold the Beauty of God in that world. Likewise will they find all the friends of God, both those of the former and recent times, present in the heavenly assemblage."
(Abdu'l-Baha, Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha v1, p. 204)

"Every hand which setteth down His Words with true faith shall be filled by God, both in this world and in the next, with things that are highly prized; and every breast which committeth His Words to memory, God shall cause, if it were that of a believer, to be filled with His love; and every heart which cherisheth the love of His Words and manifesteth in itself the signs of true faith when His Name is mentioned, and exemplifieth the words, 'their hearts are thrilled with awe at the mention of God',[1] that heart will become the object of the glances of divine favour and on the Day of Resurrection will be highly praised by God. IX, 10.
[1 Qur'án 8:2 ] 100 "
(The Bab, Selections from the Writings of the Bab, p. 99)

"At this hour, when the sweet savours of attraction have wafted over Me from the everlasting city, when transports of yearning have seized Me from the land of splendours at the dawning of the Daystar of the worlds above the horizon of 'Iraq, and the sweet melodies of Hijaz have brought to Mine ears the mysteries of separation, I have purposed to relate unto thine eminence a portion of that which the Mystic Dove hath warbled in the midmost heart of 47 Paradise as to the true meaning of life and death, though the task be impossible. For were I to interpret these words for thee as it hath been inscribed in the Guarded Tablets, all the books and pages of the world could not contain it, nor could the souls of men bear its weight. I shall nonetheless mention that which beseemeth this day and age, that it might serve as a guidance unto whosoever desireth to gain admittance into the retreats of glory in the realms above, to hearken unto the melodies of the spirit intoned by this divine and mystic bird, and to be numbered with those who have severed themselves from all save God and who in this day rejoice in the presence of their Lord."
(Baha'u'llah, Gems of Divine Mysteries, p. 45)

Regards,
Scott

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Non-Muslims go to heaven too. It's including anyone who believes in one God and the last day and does good works. Doesn't say anything about being a Muslim.
What happens to people like me who believe in one God and do good works but resoundingly reject all concepts of "the last day"?

Now, Christianity on the other hand... says directly that if you do not accept Jesus as your saviour you are going to hell.
I am not a Christian, but I count Jesus as a very good friend, perhaps the best of friends, other than his "dad" of course. I simply do not believe man needs to be saved. From what? For what?

I guess I'll just have to wait and keep my fingers crossed. :)

love

tri-polar optimist

I don't think there is anyone with a functioning mind that does not know there is Good and Evil.
And Evil must be destroyed.
I believe Evil is a Spirit that has turned from God.
I believe that Evil does enter the hearts of men.
How evil would a man have to be to be totally consumed along with Evil?
Do you think there may be some goodness in everyone that might survive?
There have been some pretty soulless people on earth. They are still being born.
God tells us the worst is yet to come.
Evil's days are numbered just like the hairs on your head.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I don't think there is anyone with a functioning mind that does not know there is Good and Evil.
- Uh oh... I guess I don't have a "functioning mind" then, as I do not subscribe to the primitive notions of "good and evil". I even reject the "separation from God" theory as I do not see how we can ever be separated from our source.
And Evil must be destroyed.
Indeed this concept should be destroyed, you will get no argument from me on that note.

~Amin~

God is the King
Oh that one is easy, in Islam there is this notion of great rewards for the pious believer. It is a primitive "carrot or the stick" or "reward and punishment" approach used to frighten small kiddies and delude the believer.

Aside from this, I personally do not see exactly how Hellfire could probably be described as justice. We have no way of knowing what actually happens after death, so it is all merely speculation and that Hellfire is likely figments of some pretty disturbed minds.

Peace
I missed you.
THEN WOE, THAT DAY, TO THE DENIERS,

WHO ARE IN EMPTY DISCOURSE AMUSING THEMSELVES.
QURAN 52,11,12.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Peace
I missed you.
THEN WOE, THAT DAY, TO THE DENIERS,

WHO ARE IN EMPTY DISCOURSE AMUSING THEMSELVES.
QURAN 52,11,12.
*waves to ~Amin~*

Yep, that would be the big stick approach.

"He who listeneth to the naysayers,
Surely he will munch on burnt cupcakes,
In the Black Microwave of Hades for ever and ever.
So I say and so it shall be done. Be steadfast!
(Book of Choodle, Book 17, Canto 5, Chapter 22, Paragraph 798, Subsection R)

Let no man sprinkle the crumbs of his cupcakes
before those who cannot themselves bake.
Verily I say this, lest ye be betrothed to ignorance and error.
For long is the way and hard is the road to My mansions
of gold and pastures of sheep bleating, "Bah, bah, bah!"
(Book of Choodle, Book 11, Canto 3, Chapter 937, Paragraph 47, Subsection C)

~Amin~

God is the King
*waves to ~Amin~*

Let no man sprinkle the crumbs of his cupcakes
before those who cannot themselves bake.
Verily I say this, lest ye be betrothed to ignorance and error.
For long is the way and hard is the road to My mansions
of gold and pastures of sheep bleating, "Bah, bah, bah!"
(Book of Choodle, Book 11, Canto 3, Chapter 937, Paragraph 47, Subsection C)
Peace
AND THOSE WHO, WHEN REMINDED OF
THE VERSES OF THERE LORD, DO NOT
FALL UPON THEM DEAF AND BLIND.

QURAN 24,73.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice

Well, I'm glad I'm still not included.

That doesn't answer my question, either. Amin said that not being a Muslim is akin to murder. Well, why?