• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Christian God a Fascist?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Is this why it is hard to tell the difference between the Christian right and fascism?

Many experts agree that fascism is a mass political movement that emphasizes extreme nationalism, militarism, and the supremacy of both the nation and the single, powerful leader over the individual citizen. This model of government stands in contrast to liberal democracies, which support individual rights, competitive elections, and political dissent.

Viker

Häxan
No. The Christian concept of God is not fascist. Modern Christian nationalism is proving itself to have fascist tendencies. Christianity and Christian nationalism are separate entities.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Is this why it is hard to tell the difference between the Christian right and fascism?

Many experts agree that fascism is a mass political movement that emphasizes extreme nationalism, militarism, and the supremacy of both the nation and the single, powerful leader over the individual citizen. This model of government stands in contrast to liberal democracies, which support individual rights, competitive elections, and political dissent.

Every tribe back then had their own god. Yahweh is the Hebrew war god. So, I guess you could say he is.

amorphous_constellation

Does the fall of the roman republic coincide roughly with the rise of the new religion? Specifically, if Christianity's first major claim to fame, was to appeal to the authority of an emperor (Constantine), then does that precedent set a healthy social dynamic?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

It's an anachronistic label, but they do share similarities IMO.

wellwisher

Your experts appear biased.

Fascism also believes in Government control over the free market. It does not like a free market but rather prefers a large regulatory state. Fascism does not like to share power with people who can buy and sell them. Elan Musk now has to deal with the revenge of the Fascists.

Fascism also believes in censorship and shadow banding to maintain central control of information and propaganda; Twitter files. It also does not believe in due process of law; innocent until prove guilty and the right to question the accusers; Kangaroo Courts led by Schiff. The Twitter files are showing Fascist behavior. Fascism does not like free speech, freedom of the press or Freedom of Religion, since these can undermine its control. It needs to micromanage and misrepresent these.

Recently, there was a change in the Oxford Dictionary in terms of defining male and female to suit the Left wing gender fad. This is something a Fascist would do. They will try to control information, by playing word games, using what were considered reliable sources.

The Nobel prize was given to Obama who then creates an Arab war. Newspapers get the Pulitzer Prize for spreading Russian Collusion disinformation for the Fascists. What had been seen as reliable sources become tainted by Fascists, to manipulate public opinion. This is Fascism 1.0. Fascist also like to indoctrinate instead of teach, since free thinking is a wild card Fascist do not like.

Did the Religious Right do any of these things? Or do you depend on a Fascist rewriting of the dictionary?

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Many experts agree that fascism is a mass political movement that emphasizes extreme nationalism, militarism, and the supremacy of both the nation and the single, powerful leader over the individual citizen.

Notice that racism needn’t have anything to do with being a fascist. Many people refuse to acknowledge that.

I resonate with everything mentioned in the definition above. Deeply. I do not object to being called “fascist”. Though… I am also content with my country- the United States of America- excelling as the Democratic Republic that it is. I see no need to change its type of government…. I want it to be the best it can be, regardless of its leadership. Does that still make me a “fascist”? Or, does it make me… complicated? Perhaps I am a reminder that not all people- or Gods- are so easily boxed into convenient little labels of -ists and -isms.

Last edited:

Modern "experts" seem to be wrong, if we look at how "principal founder of fascism" Mussolini defined fascism.

iu

However, I think the third wave experiment shows the best way what fascism means.

In today's world, it looks like "liberals" are the biggest fascists. And it is interesting that Reagan seems to have been correct when he said:
iu

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Isn't it a wrong question, G-d is the same for every religion and or no-religion , it is the Hellenist- Pauline aka " Christian" concept of god that is wrong and is discussed/debated in this thread , one gets to know, please? Right?

Regards

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

What? No. If God favors any form of government, it appears to be monarchism. He is King and Sovereign of the universe. But God wanted to rule over humanity directly, not have human governments. So maybe He's really kind of an anarchist when it comes to us - no King but Christ.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
is-the-christian-god-a-fascist

I'd say that the right word is fascistic. The god of the Old Testament is authoritarian, harshly judgmental, and intolerant like any good fascist - my way or the highway - and it appears to want to round up the atheists and homosexuals as well as forbid speech against it, but some of the elements of fascism just don't apply to a tri-omni deity, such as nationalism, militarism, and means of production. Still, this god commands worship and submission to only it, and it militantly smites at will.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Modern "experts" seem to be wrong, if we look at how "principal founder of fascism" Mussolini defined fascism.

iu

However, I think the third wave experiment shows the best way what fascism means.

In today's world, it looks like "liberals" are the biggest fascists. And it is interesting that Reagan seems to have been correct when he said:
iu
Firstly, Mussolini never said any such thing. It is a fake quote attributed to but does not appear in the Enciclopedia Italiana.

Second of all the last conservative president was literally a corporate shill.

Third of all Raegan was a moron and his economic policies are still destroying the American populace via increasing wealth disparity because he simped for the rich. We are hurdling closer to an autocracy because of people like him.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Isn't it a wrong question, G-d is the same for every religion and or no-religion , it is the Hellenist- Pauline aka " Christian" concept of god that is wrong and is discussed/debated in this thread , one gets to know, please? Right?

Regards

Well, that's why I was specific about the Christian God. Their version of God. Christian "Nationalism" has a different concept of God?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
No. The Christian God is not a fascist. However, the God of Christian Nationalism is. But that's not the God that Jesus taught about. That's its polar opposite.

"Christian Nationalism is Not Christianity"

Maybe not the newer more liberal version of Christianity but historically Christianity was nationalist, militaristic, assumed it's supremacy, under one authoritarian God.
I understand there are liberal Christians but this seems a change from the past.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe not the newer more liberal version of Christianity but historically Christianity was nationalist, militaristic, assumed it's supremacy, under one authoritarian God.
I understand there are liberal Christians but this seems a change from the past.
I disagree that it has been historically nationalistic. Certainly the teachings of Jesus making a clear distinction between national identity and spiritual faith, "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and render unto God that which is God's," gets flattened out in a Christian nationalist's mind. The flag, national identity, and belief in God are all part of the same thing. That was not what Jesus taught, ever.

The specific question in your OP is this. "Is the Christian God a Fascist?" The answer is definitely not! Even if the church got in bed with the State at some point, which it did, that is still not Christian Nationalism. It's something else. It's a State religion. That's not the same as nationalism, which is about identity-politics conflating worship of God with worship of the state.

Edit to add:

And to add one thing here, no, it is not liberal Christianity that is against Christian Nationalism. Many conservative Christians are as well. Baptists, are not liberals, and that article I linked to in my thread is from a Baptist minister. Here is a good article from the Methodist church about Christian Nationalism as well. I don't thinks there are considered left wing, progressive arms of Christianity. Do you? Both conservative and liberal Christians view this as a distortion of Christianity.

What is Christian nationalism?

BTW, the above link is a good read. I'd very much recommend reading it.

Last edited: