• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is salvation a Person or a concept?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
Everyone regardless of religious affiliation is welcome to express their thoughts. I personally believe Salvation is the Person of Jesus Christ. He also goes by Yeshua, the Hebrew word for salvation. Just my religious opinion, but I want to hear yours.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Unless "Salvation" is on someone's birth certificate somewhere, salvation is the concept of overcoming our separation from God to be reunited with Him again.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The word "salvation" is a Christian word. To me, there is no one that needs to be "saved" because everyone and everything are on a path to God. And the only question is whether or not they are taking the most direct route or not.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
The word "salvation" is a Christian word. To me, there is no one that needs to be "saved" because everyone and everything are on a path to God. And the only question is whether or not they are taking the most direct route or not.
Really? Jewish people believe in salvation.

WalterTrull

Godfella
Well, Jesus did give us the bread and wine. Really big time thanks for that. Can't be saved from what you are. On-the-other-hand, there is pain relief. More wine please.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Salvation is just a religious term that applies to a made-up crisis. It's certainly a concept.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Everyone regardless of religious affiliation is welcome to express their thoughts. I personally believe Salvation is the Person of Jesus Christ. He also goes by Yeshua, the Hebrew word for salvation. Just my religious opinion, but I want to hear yours.
To me ‘salvation’ is just living the realization of Oneness, peace and love that are the ultimate truths. It’s even fine if you use ‘Jesus’ to personify that for you.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

From my experience it isn't a literal salvation (jesus doesn't pop into the 21st century and talk to people) but more changing your life by giving your sins to Christ (sacrificing your Self to follow Christ). You serve christ by serving others and in doing so, christ forgives you of your misdeeds.

What happens is as a gentile, back then, the people killed jesus. When they killed him, jesus offered them to forgive them for they don't know what they've done. In that respect, a christian who is sorryful for the sins of their ancestors and ask forgiveness as a whole will receive pardon from christ and thereby the creator.

Salvation comes when one serves christ and forgives others in serve to the creator through Christ. Wharever one does for another, they do for Christ. When one harms another, they harm christ. The creator pardons believers who act in devotion to Christ by serving others.

Salvation is only a gift when the person is willing to repent and serve others. It's not handed free because to open it you have to serve not sit it on a shelf and be happy you got it.

Salvation is three fold: it's ones life (following jesus by serving others and creator), ones sacrifice (repentence), and ones resurrection (being born again unto salvation)

Through his passion (for short) a person is saved. But it's only a gift when opened and followed via his passion.

Salvation is also an action. It's what you do for the creator and others so that one lives in christ, dies/crucified of self, and resurrected in christ.

I have been crucified in christ. The life I live is no longer my own. Insofar, I live no longer for myself but for the son of god.

Salvation is christ passion. Live those three things and one is saved by faith in that through faith, they no longer live for self but for the hope for eternal life.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I'm reading this thread from the perspective of being an atheist. It seems to me you theists are all tacitly agreeing to some definition of the word "salvation" that is specific to Christianity? I'm just guessing you guys are meaning something like "we're all born broken and jesus will save us from ourselves". is that more or less the idea, or is it something else?

shmogie

You are correct. Salvation is truth. Christ said " I am the way, the truth, and the life"

shmogie

I'm reading this thread from the perspective of being an atheist. It seems to me you theists are all tacitly agreeing to some definition of the word "salvation" that is specific to Christianity? I'm just guessing you guys are meaning something like "we're all born broken and jesus will save us from ourselves". is that more or less the idea, or is it something else?
Yes, and no. We are all born broken, but we can be saved from death eternal

shmogie

From my experience it isn't a literal salvation (jesus doesn't pop into the 21st century and talk to people) but more changing your life by giving your sins to Christ (sacrificing your Self to follow Christ). You serve christ by serving others and in doing so, christ forgives you of your misdeeds.

What happens is as a gentile, back then, the people killed jesus. When they killed him, jesus offered them to forgive them for they don't know what they've done. In that respect, a christian who is sorryful for the sins of their ancestors and ask forgiveness as a whole will receive pardon from christ and thereby the creator.

Salvation comes when one serves christ and forgives others in serve to the creator through Christ. Wharever one does for another, they do for Christ. When one harms another, they harm christ. The creator pardons believers who act in devotion to Christ by serving others.

Salvation is only a gift when the person is willing to repent and serve others. It's not handed free because to open it you have to serve not sit it on a shelf and be happy you got it.

Salvation is three fold: it's ones life (following jesus by serving others and creator), ones sacrifice (repentence), and ones resurrection (being born again unto salvation)

Through his passion (for short) a person is saved. But it's only a gift when opened and followed via his passion.

Salvation is also an action. It's what you do for the creator and others so that one lives in christ, dies/crucified of self, and resurrected in christ.

I have been crucified in christ. The life I live is no longer my own. Insofar, I live no longer for myself but for the son of god.

Salvation is christ passion. Live those three things and one is saved by faith in that through faith, they no longer live for self but for the hope for eternal life.
Salvation has nothing to do with what you do, other than accepting the free gift of salvation, by grace ( the unmerited favor of God). The instant you say"you must do this for salvation" You give yourself some value in achieving salvation. None of us have any value, let alone any power to save ourselves.

So called works ( good deeds) are a result of salvation, not a method of achieving it.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Really? Jewish people believe in salvation.
As @DavidMcCann has pointed out, neither redemption nor salvation have the same meaning in Judaism as they have in Christianity.

I suppose that you may be able to pull something up from a "Messianic Judaism" website that says something to the contrary, but those websites have about as much connection to actual, authentic Judaism as you do - which to say virtually no connection at all.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I knew one of you would snag this post. :( Have you read my post?
Salvation has nothing to do with what you do, other than accepting the free gift of salvation, by grace ( the unmerited favor of God).

The instant you say"you must do this for salvation" You give yourself some value in achieving
salvation. None of us have any value, let alone any power to save ourselves.

1. Following christ in his life, death, and resurection is how one is born again; by serving others you serve christ. The gift is only useful when opened, lived, repented, and risen in salvation. It means nothing without using it.

2. Please read my post.

So called works ( good deeds) are a result of salvation, not a method of achieving it.

I did not say works. Are you regurgitating anti-works conversations without fully reading what Im speaking of?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The concept of salvation is pretty foreign to many religious traditions, my own included. It's not really a thing in Unitarian Universalism (which is non-creedal anyway), nor is it really a thing in contemporary Paganism, it isn't a thing in Druidry either, and it isn't a thing in my own expression of UU Pagan Druidry.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Yes. Its just: We are broken. We cant save ourselves. We need someone of authority to save us so we will never die. Others should follow our lead.

In a nutshell.