• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is S-a-n-t-a a tool of S-a-t-a-n?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Very strange. Here's the answer though - don't take Santa so seriously, and don't lie to little kids.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I never understood the point of trying to get children to believe in Santa, the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy, etc. I don't see what's adorable about deceiving children and discouraging rational deduction.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I never understood the point of trying to get children to believe in Santa, the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy, etc. I don't see what's adorable about deceiving children and discouraging rational deduction.

This.

I think you can teach them to love live without lying to them.

And it shouldn´t be hard to get them excited over christmass when whoever may bring them there are toys in there :D

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Right on. Christmas decorations, great food, delicious smells, gifts, cuddling up by the fire listening to your mom or dad read the beautiful story of the birth of Jesus from the Gospel of Luke, Christmas cantatas at church, Advent candles and calendars, parties, visiting with cousins and other family you don't see all the time, making cookies together as a family, etc etc - isn't there enough fun and excitement at Christmas time for kids without having to lie to them about some fat guy in a red suit?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
santazim2ev.jpg

does that make santa the god of christmas ?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
If you mean me as 'you' I did nothing to the pic.
Picture was still at the original posting.
Yeah, it's there for me too. Weird... I wonder why it got replaced in the quote box.

Oh, intertubes.... how you baffle me!