• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Russia had right to afraid from West agenda? ?

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Is this actually true now? Given that so many missiles can be launched from submarines, and the USA has a rather large coastline. So what exactly is the difference between this scenario and having missiles on a bordering country?

Yes, you don't have to live next door to be a threat these days. I think Putin is basically a megalomaniac who wants to expand his empire.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You are not NATO. You can reproach Russia and NATO if you like, or do you think Ukraine is not allowed to make its own decisions and must be subservient to Russia for ever and ever?

In my thread about European Union I said that Ukraine can join the EU and NATO, if she wants to.

But this is not the topic of the thread.
The topic of the thread is doublestandardism.

Martin

Do you think it is fair that the NATO destroyed one of the wealthiest countries in the Mediterranean (Libya)..and so far has done nothing to restore its ancient splendor?

It is custom that if you break something, you pay for it.

Is it because doublestandardism has been normalized?
Is it because the NATO is entitled to bring us destruction and turmoil...and still be considered holy, sinless, immaculate?

I would still much rather live in a NATO country than Russia or China.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Yes, you don't have to live next door to be a threat these days. I think Putin is basically a megalomaniac who wants to expand his empire.
Well that is one reason for his behaviour, and possibly why he is so sensitive to any perceived threats - when they don't actually exist but are used as 'evidence'. Just not sure what is going on in his head.

Martin

In my thread about European Union I said that Ukraine can join the EU and NATO, if she wants to.

But this is not the topic of the thread.
The topic of the thread is doublestandardism.

Double standardism is saying on the one hand that Ukraine is entitled to make its own decisions, meanwhile being an apologist for Russian aggression.

Martin

One of our former CIA heads under three presidents, who knows Putin at a personal level because of past connections, agrees that he seems "unhinged".

Putin is bonkers. Maybe he is off his meds.

Wandering Monk

For some reason Putin attacked the entire nation. If he had gone solely for the two predominantly Russian regions there, he might have gotten what he wanted without the massive sanctions and support to the Ukraine government by the West.

Hell, now even Switzerland is contemplating seizing Russian assets in their banks. This is unheard of.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
For some reason Putin attacked the entire nation. If he had gone solely for the two predominantly Russian regions there, he might have gotten what he wanted without the massive sanctions and support to the Ukraine government by the West.

Hell, now even Switzerland is contemplating seizing Russian assets in their banks. This is unheard of.
That is what I thought was his big mistake - since he seems to have not thought through or misjudged the outcry and response to what he has done.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hello all
I know this probably provoking some people subject.
But i think West won't listen to Russia until they used nuclear weapon in neutral allie country to NATO.
West support Ukraine to destroy Russia. Is not same condition Cuba and USA?
West destroy many allies of Russia such Iraq. Syria. Libya. Etc.
Is probably turn of Russia to destroy allies of West !!!?
I find it ridiculous that Russia would fear any NATO or
former Soviet satellite country invading them. USA
certainly wouldn't (because of MAD, ya know). Putin
& Xi are best buds at the moment, but China might covet
Siberia in the distant future.

I wonder...does Putin fear Germany trying to conquer
Europe a 3rd time? Germany's culture appears to have
changed such that they don't have designs on conquest.
But even so, Germany isn't even remotely powerful
enuf to do that. And if Germany ever did start preparing
for invading Russia, this would be a lengthy & observable
process.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Hello all
But i think West won't listen to Russia until they used nuclear weapon in neutral allie country to NATO.
And if you have got it wrong? As to Putin having expectations as to the great Mother Russia syndrome - being so great but not being so respected as to which he would like? Perhaps that is more the issue here. Not doing a great deal to advance such too at the moment - given the reaction all around the world. :oops:

pearl

And if Putin continues there will probably be many others that freeze Russian assets. If Putin began his aggressiveness two or three years ago, I'm sure the American response would be quite different.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You mean, like attacking Ireland, to make it a vassal state of the UK by force? Not really, no, I don't think so. We tried that, once upon a time, and the result is it became determined to be independent.
How many countries has NATO invaded?
How many countries has Russia invaded?
I detect Russia being ahead in this contest.

Wandering Monk

And if Putin continues there will probably be many others that freeze Russian assets. If Putin began his aggressiveness two or three years ago, I'm sure the American response would be quite different.

Yes, I am sure Trump would be praising Putin to the skies while negotiating with Putin for hotels in Ukraine.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think so, based upon Trump's recent praise of
Putin's handling of the Ukraine invasion....
Trump praises Putin's 'genius' incursion into Ukraine

I surmise that Putin's claim of being threatened by NATO &
Ukraine is akin to cops claiming that civilians threaten them,
ie, justification for deadly force without any actual attack.
Putin is creating false atmosphere of fear in Russia to
generate support for what in reality is just conquest.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Hello all
Ukraine to destroy Russia? Do you have a world map?

ciao

- viole

Last edited: