• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Quran copied from Jewish Bible/Torah? : Quran did not copy from Jewish Bible/Torah

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
the stories in the quran are not the same as we find in the bible.

They have the same characters but the details of the accounts are quite different. So no, i dont think quran is a copy of the biblical narratives.

Thanks for your frank acknowledgement.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Take a class on comprehension and get back with us. :facepalm:
Go read the post above this one.

But without its influence, written and oral, there would be, no islam
The Holy Quran : Chapter 1: Al-Fatihah

[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[1:2] All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
[1:3] The Gracious, the Merciful,
[1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:6] Guide us in the right path —
[1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

So, please read intently and indicate; what in Surah Al-Fatihah above is written that has been influenced by Torah oral and written without which it would have not been written?

Anybody please; a Jew or a non-Jew.

Regards

outhouse

Atheistically
So, please read intently and indicate; what in Surah Al-Fatihah above is written that has been influenced by Torah oral and written without which it would have not been written?

Anybody please; a Jew or a non-Jew.

Regards

No previous stories of Jesus, abraham, noah, moses. ect ect no islam, period.

Your religion used the abrahamic god concept that existed in previous mythology.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@ outhouse; others could also join if they like.

Quran has 114 chapters; some very long and some of only a few verses. We start with the shorter ones.

The chapters at the end of Quran are very short and the Muslims usually read one of them after reciting Surah Al-Fatihah in every rukaat or standing position of the Muslim prayer.

For the next outhouse-exercise to find the elements in the chapters of Quran that have been literally copied from Torah, written or verbal, or influenced from Torah we select the last Chapter of Quran:

The Holy Quran : Chapter 114: Al-Nas

[114:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[114:2] Say, ‘I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
[114:3] ‘The King of mankind,
[114:4] ‘The God of mankind,
[114:5] ‘From the evil of the sneaking whisperer,
[114:6] ‘Who whispers into the hearts of men,
[114:7] ‘From among the Jinn and mankind.’

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Anybody please; a Jew or a non-Jew

Regards

outhouse

Atheistically
Does your books factually contain chracaters such as abraham, moses, golden calf, noah??????????

Where did your book learn about these concepts????????

outhouse

Atheistically
Here is the reality

Plagiarism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

pla·gia·rism

the act of using another person's words or ideas without giving credit to that person : the act of plagiarizing something

I found a kiddy site that has made it easier to understand.

What Is Plagiarism?

Plagiarism is when you use someone else's words or ideas and pass them off as your own. It's not allowed in school, college, or beyond, so it's a good idea to learn the proper way to use resources, such as websites, books, and magazines.Plagiarism is a form of cheating, but it's a little complicated so a kid might do it without understanding that it's wrong.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Ptobably the most famous one...

Muhammad/Allah 5:32 "Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors."

This is from the Talmud that Muhammad would learned having a sit down with a local Rabbi. Not from the Hebrew Scriptures but another Rabbi's commentary on the Scriptures. Muhammad/Allah did not know which sayings and teachings were scripture or not.

In other words this would be like Joseph Smith quoting St. Francis instead of the New Testament for Jesus' teachings.

Could you tell me where Muhammed learned this from please. Which bible, which part?

Slavery

Most readers would find it astonishing to hear that slavery still exists in the modern world. Though the practice was abolished officially it is still very much alive. According to a study done by the International Labour Organisation the estimated number of slaves has increased from 12.3 million to 30 million since 2005. Slavery is not declining, in fact it is increasing.

Defining slavery

 Humans used, sold or bought as a commodity or property
 Imprisoned or kept by force with no freedom of movement
 Forced to work via some form of threat
 Forcefully acquired or owned by a master or employer, abused or under threat of abuse.

Slavery has been officially abolished since 1981 and the world at large, including some Muslims believe that Islam does propagate slavery. It is an erroneous view as you will find the Quran telling us that slaves are to be set free as a repenting act for a sin or crime you commit. If a billion Muslims follow the Quranic teachings and seek to set a slave free to redeem themselves, 30 Million slaves might see a hope of freedom. Many do find it silly to discuss slavery but slavery is very much alive, it is in the increase and needs attention. The ILO goes to the length of quoting 90$ as the average cost of a slave.

Freeing a slave is defined as an act of piety in the Quran.

Piety is not to turn your faces towards the east and the west, but pious is one who
 believes in God and the Last Day,
 and the angels,
 and the Book,
 and the prophets,
 and who gives money out of love to the relatives,
 and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer, and those who ask,
 and to free the slaves;
 and who upholds prayer,
 and who contributes towards purification;
 and those who keep their pledges when they make a pledge,
 and those who are patient in the face of hardship and adversity and when in despair.
These are the ones who have been truthful, and these are the righteous. – Quran 2:177

Very directly and clearly the Quran gives a formula to live by, which if someone has an argument against is imprudent.
As you can see, freeing slaves is part of a Muslims creed.

 Quran verse 4:92 says that if you kill someone by mistake (e.g. Motor Accident), you must free a slave and compensate the family. Compensating the family is for their wellbeing, freeing a slave is for your salvation. Imagine every Muslim in the world seeking to free a slave in case of an accidental death.
 Verse 5:89 ordains you to free a slave in case you had broken an oath or a promise. If you owe someone money and you break the promise of return, if and when you repent, it is not enough just to return that money. You must free a slave as an act of repentance.
 9:60 gives you freeing a slave as a duty amongst charity and relieving those in debt.
 The Quran articulates in this manner
“Do you know which the better path is?
o The freeing of slaves.
o Or the feeding on a day of great hardship.
o An orphan of relation.
o Or a poor person in need.”
 Quran 90:12-16

Islam is against slavery, contrary to popular belief and is a solution, not a problem.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Does your books factually contain chracaters such as abraham, moses, golden calf, noah??????????

Why dont you ask where this book learned the following concept instead.

DIVORCE

The current belief in the Islamic world is that a man can declare “Divorce” by reciting the word divorce (Talaq) three times to divorce a woman on the spot. Women don’t have that privilege.

It is of utmost importance that the Quranic teachings are exposed which would break this idea, amongst everyone with this wrong conception.
Divorce law in the Quran

Chapter 65

 If divorce is imminent and you have decided to go ahead, there is an interim period.
 Within this interim period you must look after your spouse and it is decreed in order to give a chance of getting back.
 They are not to be sent out from the home unless they have committed some lewd act
 When the interim period exhausts, you can decide to remain together or get separated
 This has to be witnessed by two just people from amongst the man and woman (family or friends)
 If the lady has reached menopause or stopped menstruating, this interim period is three months
 If a pregnancy has occurred the interim period is until birth
 You cannot even try to coerce the spouse to leave the current home during this period
 The man is bound to provide for the woman by oath, according to his means
Chapter 33:49
 If at the time of divorce no intercourse has occurred, no interim is prescribed – Quran
Chapter 2:226 upwards
 Interim period is 3 menstrual periods
 Reconciliation is encouraged but divorce between the same couple can occur only twice unless the woman marries and divorces another.
 The divorced mother is allowed to suckle the child for two years, no matter who’s custody the child is under
 The man is responsible for both their clothing, sustenance and welfare unless they mutually agree to go their own ways

Where in the bible?

outhouse

Atheistically
Could you tell me where Muhammed learned this from please.

Well we know christianity and the bible was in existance in your scribes time. It was in fact common knowledge in that exact geographic location.

outhouse

Atheistically
Where in the bible?

Comprehension is key brother.

No one is stating they copied word for word. But your religions FOLLOWS the Abrahamic god.

Here is the reality

pla·gia·rism

the act of using another person's words or ideas without giving credit to that person : the act of plagiarizing something

What Is Plagiarism?

Plagiarism is when you use someone else's words or ideas and pass them off as your own. It's not allowed in school, college, or beyond, so it's a good idea to learn the proper way to use resources, such as websites, books, and magazines.Plagiarism is a form of cheating, but it's a little complicated so a kid might do it without understanding that it's wrong.

firedragon

Veteran Member
@ outhouse; others could also join if they like.

Quran has 114 chapters; some very long and some of only a few verses. We start with the shorter ones.

The chapters at the end of Quran are very short and the Muslims usually read one of them after reciting Surah Al-Fatihah in every rukaat or standing position of the Muslim prayer.

For the next outhouse-exercise to find the elements in the chapters of Quran that have been literally copied from Torah, written or verbal, or influenced from Torah we select the last Chapter of Quran:

The Holy Quran : Chapter 114: Al-Nas

[114:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[114:2] Say, ‘I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
[114:3] ‘The King of mankind,
[114:4] ‘The God of mankind,
[114:5] ‘From the evil of the sneaking whisperer,
[114:6] ‘Who whispers into the hearts of men,
[114:7] ‘From among the Jinn and mankind.’

Anybody please; a Jew or a non-Jew

Regards

I just landed at this thread so i dont know the context of your post, but Al fatihah is in the beginning of the Quran. Not the end.

Edit: Oh I got it. This is absurd though. There is one God as we believe. The one God who created the universe, his words could have entered the Tanakh as well. So what? Since there is only one God.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
Comprehension is key brother.

No one is stating they copied word for word. But your religions FOLLOWS the Abrahamic god.

Here is the reality

pla·gia·rism

What Is Plagiarism?

I know what the word plagiarism means.

But if Quran is plagiarised from the bible, where in the bible did Muhammed find what quoted in the previous post? Yes, the Quran openly states that we are to follow the Millat Ibrahim or the Creed of Ibrahim. So what?

So please point to some place that Muhammed would have found the concept I posted from.

outhouse

Atheistically
I know what the word plagiarism means.

But if Quran is plagiarised from the bible, where in the bible did Muhammed find what quoted in the previous post? Yes, the Quran openly states that we are to follow the Millat Ibrahim or the Creed of Ibrahim. So what?

So please point to some place that Muhammed would have found the concept I posted from.

We needs some resaoning here.

Not a word you stated, nor questions you asked refutes the plagiarism.

Your religion did use the bible as its source.

Your religion follows the abrahamic traditions that were created in the bible.

Why is this so hard for you to admit?

firedragon

Veteran Member

Well we know christianity and the bible was in existance in your scribes time. It was in fact common knowledge in that exact geographic location.

I perfectly understand your point and it is fair. But this question is from your point of view, either a Christian or Jew who thinks that, or an atheist who does not believe in God and so on.

If God exists, there is one God.

My father tells my elder brother a story and same story to me years later, that does not mean I plagiarised from my brother.

Peace.

outhouse

Atheistically
Do you admit your books have less historicity then previous versions in other religions, since your books were written so far after the actual events?

outhouse

Atheistically
My father tells my elder brother a story and same story to me years later, that does not mean I plagiarised from my brother.

Great story. It is not plagiarised because you claim the source and are passing it on.

Do your books claim they used Judaism and Christianity and changed it to meet their cultural needs? or do they claim god himself wrote them?

The only reason I am militant on this topic is because of OP's tactics in other threads. I normally dont care one way or the other. I have family in it. But they dont act like OP either.

firedragon

Veteran Member
We needs some resaoning here.

Not a word you stated, nor questions you asked refutes the plagiarism.

Your religion did use the bible as its source.

Your religion follows the abrahamic traditions that were created in the bible.

Why is this so hard for you to admit?

If you read again, I did admit that the Quran tells us to follow the Creed of Ibrahim.

So you say that Muhammed only picked up from the bible or he picked up 5% of it, 10% of it? How much did he pick up and how much did he omit. Where did he get the rest of it.

e.g. Quran mentions Haamaan who was supposedly the Pharaohs man, the head of the stone workers. This name was derived in the 18th century after deciphering the ancient Egyptian language for the first time. When plagiarising the story of the Pharaoh, who told Muhammed of a name that was discovered in the 18th century? A prominent man, right next to the pharaoh, never mentioned in the bible, discovered only 16 centuries later.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Great story. It is not plagiarised because you claim the source and are passing it on.

Do your books claim they used Judaism and Christianity and changed it to meet their cultural needs? or do they claim god himself wrote them?

The only reason I am militant on this topic is because of OP's tactics in other threads. I normally dont care one way or the other. I have family in it. But they dont act like OP either.

God wrote them. That's the claim. You know that brother.