• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is our life the only life?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As an atheist....you have no idea what the reality of God is....until you experience God...there is no point in talking to you about it...may as well be discussing it with a puppy dog....:)
So, you expect your God to:

1. Exist
2. Somehow choose not to make his existence self-evident to everyone
3. And yet somehow make it the atheist's fault that he does not

And you are sure of that to the point of being condescending about it, too?

Such a belief does no favors to either you or your God.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Of course I do. It is no big deal.

Did you expect otherwise? Would you like to share why?
Because an atheist either does not have the prerequisite understanding to apprehend non-conceptual reality, or if they do have it, do not make the attempt....

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Because an atheist either does not have the prerequisite understanding to apprehend non-conceptual reality, or if they do have it, do not make the attempt....

Or maybe instead you either don't understand atheism or has a lot to learn about respect.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
No one said the soul is immortal...how could it be...it only exists due to the spirit of God vivifying the elemental/clay body... But that is not to say that the non-personal self awareness developed by the soul in life is not able to be impressed upon God's spirit when it leaves the body at death....only to be used again to vivify a new child clay body when the time is propitious ... How else do you account for the evolutionary progress since the days of Adam....if God breathed a completely new fresh breath into each new baby at birth...there would be no progress....

It's weird, but I actually almost agree with you here.

There is no immaterial part of man that survives death. (Eccl 9:5, 10) What we do have is the imprint of our entire life course on the 'memory' of God.
He will re-create the individual with all his/her personality traits in a new body.

Jesus said he will call the dead from their graves, not from the spirit realm. (John 5:28, 29)

Psalm 147:4, 5:
"He counts the number of the stars; He calls all of them by name.
Our Lord is great and is mighty in power; His understanding is beyond measure."

If God knows every star in the billions of galaxies by name, how easy is it to remember human beings who have left a record of their existence, even if only briefly. God cherishes the life he created, but each new life is a blank canvas waiting to be inscribed with progressive detail of that person's course. Life, interrupted by death (as the result of sin) will be restored by Jesus in the "new earth" (2 Pet 3:13) Even the "unrighteous" (as opposed to the incorrigibly wicked) will be restored to life to be given the opportunity to prove themselves.

This "new earth" is ruled by a "new heaven"...God's kingdom, is seen coming to earth to restore to mankind what Adam lost in Eden....

Rev 21:1-5:
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”

This promise is made to "mankind"...the restoration of what life should have been if sin had not derailed God's purpose for a time. All sorted in the end, so that whatever it is that God has planned for his vast creation can now go ahead without further interruption. Free will is preserved and God is proven to be the superior ruler and God. The pretender and all who wish to follow him will never be seen again. There will be no rebels in God's kingdom. :)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It's weird, but I actually almost agree with you here.

There is no immaterial part of man that survives death. (Eccl 9:5, 10) What we do have is the imprint of our entire life course on the 'memory' of God.
He will re-create the individual with all his/her personality traits in a new body.

Jesus said he will call the dead from their graves, not from the spirit realm. (John 5:28, 29)

Psalm 147:4, 5:
"He counts the number of the stars; He calls all of them by name.
Our Lord is great and is mighty in power; His understanding is beyond measure."

If God knows every star in the billions of galaxies by name, how easy is it to remember human beings who have left a record of their existence, even if only briefly. God cherishes the life he created, but each new life is a blank canvas waiting to be inscribed with progressive detail of that person's course. Life, interrupted by death (as the result of sin) will be restored by Jesus in the "new earth" (2 Pet 3:13) Even the "unrighteous" (as opposed to the incorrigibly wicked) will be restored to life to be given the opportunity to prove themselves.

This "new earth" is ruled by a "new heaven"...God's kingdom, is seen coming to earth to restore to mankind what Adam lost in Eden....

Rev 21:1-5:
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”

This promise is made to "mankind"...the restoration of what life should have been if sin had not derailed God's purpose for a time. All sorted in the end, so that whatever it is that God has planned for his vast creation can now go ahead without further interruption. Free will is preserved and God is proven to be the superior ruler and God. The pretender and all who wish to follow him will never be seen again. There will be no rebels in God's kingdom. :)
Thank you for your quotes.....and I'm pleased to see that you understand where I was coming from...

1 Corinthians 2:9 That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.".....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
What exactly does the theist understand outside of mythology and rhetoric?

Or made the attempt so long they understood fully and realized nothing was there.
Not just understand...but realized...

Nothing doesn't exist...how could it be realized? That defines an atheist...they realize nothing...haha...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Or maybe instead you either don't understand atheism or has a lot to learn about respect.
Outhouse has defined an atheist....it is quite understandable...they looked for the absolute reality and found nothing! My respect for people is based on their character.....their creed, gender, race, colour, and social caste does not matter....

outhouse

Atheistically
it is quite understandable...they looked for the absolute reality and found nothing!

I found your mythology.

And I'm waiting for something else besides ancient mens mythology, that believed earthquakes were angery gods :rolleyes:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Outhouse has defined an atheist....it is quite understandable...they looked for the absolute reality and found nothing! My respect for people is based on their character.....their creed, gender, race, colour, and social caste does not matter....
That may well be your intent. It is apparent that you are failing badly at that.