• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is knowledge real?

Brian2

Veteran Member
As humans, it is a natural instinct to gain knowledge about everything we can, but is this ability an actual concept in the universe? Is it some kind of an abstraction of something common in space like gold deposits would be common -- so would knowledge be common in another life form somewhere else?

If it is common, then could it exist outside of life forms?

I have heard that data collection, and it's use are things that suggest intelligence. Thus the extremely complex data collection and use in out genes suggest an intelligent designer of that system.

Brian2

Veteran Member
It seems strange that mathematics exist, since it has no practical use in the universe aside from our discovering and making use of it that I know of.

Things in nature do conform to mathematical equations however and would not work without this conformation. Nature itself seems based on mathematics even though nature knows nothing of it, except for us of course, which certainly makes us a high form of nature,,,,,,,,,,,,,the highest we know of except for the possible designer of all this mathematically based stuff.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
When's the last time anyone has seen a piece of chalk ?

But there's an awful lot of overwork'd APP's out there.

It's getting to where we don't have knowledge, we borrow it !

Push another button we do, we do, wedowedowedo....

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If you say you are conscious standing on a stone mass planet as a scientist and a human, yet consciousness is just existing inside of a gas mass alight cooled in a spatial vacuum upon water faced heavenly body....as the status to be aware.

Where is science but consciously informed so that you can idealise information, attack the mass of stone energy/gases upon which you stand, change it and idealise it in similar states as conscious gas heavenly awareness and claim it maths!

Consciousness in the state AI and feed back as a speaking voice, that I heard speaking with multi voices owning questions and answers, and interactive arguments stated that "Earth" is special. Hence the original male scientific Designer, user of extra radiation mass....what Earth as an energy body owns compressed as compared to floating gases, stated his own reasoning.

You live on a planet whose mass is very diverse from any other planet in our Universe or mass of body of presence, and all themes are based on living on our own planet...which is not cosmological. It is a ONE of body in a ONE of condition.

That form of realisation is what we claim is real, what the word real means.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When's the last time anyone has seen a piece of chalk ?

But there's an awful lot of overwork'd APP's out there.

Push another button we do, we do, wedowedowedo....
Do you mean when walking in a supermarket in some weird brain state when first irradiated to have a male walk past holding up a piece of chalk scenario, or some other smart comment from some lying inhumanity?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
As humans, it is a natural instinct to gain knowledge about everything we can, but is this ability an actual concept in the universe? Is it some kind of an abstraction of something common in space like gold deposits would be common -- so would knowledge be common in another life form somewhere else?

Is knowledge real?

IF by "real" you mean "Truth", then I think knowledge is not real. As Truth is said to be beyond concepts. The final lesson is to "Kill the Buddha" (note: this is figuratively of course)

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

My thoughts are that knowledge is different for every species. The reasoning behind it is that no species have been able to communicate with each other indicating knowledge between species is not the same. Our human knowledge is base on individual human experiences. No humans are the same individually so then no humans knowledge can be the same. For example I say bird, flower or home, you experience some definition in your head, for me bird is a black, bird shaped wings spread and flying, flower is a non descript single tulip and home is my house what was your definition. They won't be the same but we agree that the differences don't matter at some level and this is human knowledge. In my opinion Human knowledge is the agreement to share commonalties ignoring differences in our definitions of this world.

PureX

Veteran Member

What we call "knowledge" is really just control. The more we "know" of our environment, ourselves, and each other, the better we are at controlling their affect on us. Which is WHY we "seek knowledge". What we're really seeking is greater control.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
your form.....will produce a unique spirit
it can do nothing else

all other forms on this planet support your life
their spirit may prove insufficient to survive the last breath

God is Spirit
not having form as we do

if we become spirit
your form will not be physical

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What we call "knowledge" is really just control. The more we "know" of our environment, ourselves, and each other, the better we are at controlling their affect on us. Which is WHY we "seek knowledge". What we're really seeking is greater control.
post as an op

PLEASE

ecco

Veteran Member
No...
None the less, aside from our tools at hand, the question still stands. Is knowledge something or is it a neural process?
Because...
knowl·edge
/ˈnäləj/

noun
facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.
"a thirst for knowledge"

2.awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation."the program had been developed without his knowledge"
I have one objection to the above definition. "Persons" are not the only entities that can acquire knowledge. Animals also acquire knowledge.

ecco

Veteran Member
I have heard that data collection, and it's use are things that suggest intelligence. Thus the extremely complex data collection and use in out genes suggest an intelligent designer of that system.
Perhaps to you and other people who believe in gods, not to science.

ecco

Veteran Member
If I borrow your wheelbarrow, I have a wheelbarrow. If I borrow knowledge from you, we both have that knowledge. I may forget it, but I don't have to return it.

But I do get the gist of your comment.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

I would say that sentient beings - wherever they are in the universe - need some form of memory (where knowledge is stored), or else they wouldn't really be sentient. And I think that even rudimentary memory is a form of knowledge.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Right on the center of knowledge and memory existing,
that's why a lot of knowledge is/was borrowed, and lost.
But we have mem/chips...instant cognizance !

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
If knowing wasn't real we would not have recallable memories. I think it no accident that we conceive, remember, and recall things in reality. Much of what is known can go beyond language or description. Much of reality, the parts we sense, can be described and thus known.

The language we use is a form of describing what is known by us of our environment. You might say language is an accidental invention but it is powerful and accurate enough to think otherwise.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

I am trying to figure this out for an upcoming book.