• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is knowledge real?

Cooky

Veteran Member
No practical use? We use it to aim artillery shells. We use it to calculate when to set an alarm clock. We use it to decide how many mpg cars get. I could go on almost indefinitely.

I meant on it's own.

Without humans, math is nothing, because my dog has no clue about algebra.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
IF by "real" you mean "Truth", then I think knowledge is not real. As Truth is said to be beyond concepts. The final lesson is to "Kill the Buddha" (note: this is figuratively of course)
They say but that is not true. Truth is within our grasp. Many have attained it, some even in this forum. Enlightenment, nirvana. These are the other words for knowledge, understanding. Sure, after that, you may not need Buddha. But keep him with you, why kill? That is Himsa.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Is knowledge real?

IF by "real" you mean "Truth", then I think knowledge is not real. As Truth is said to be beyond concepts. The final lesson is to "Kill the Buddha" (note: this is figuratively of course)

They say but that is not true. Truth is within our grasp. Many have attained it, some even in this forum. Enlightenment, nirvana. These are the other words for knowledge, understanding. Sure, after that, you may not need Buddha. But keep him with you, why kill? That is Himsa.
I see a difference between knowledge and wisdom.

Did you missed the part figuratively? I thought that meaning is clear, and needed no explanation (and if understood well, it is devoid of Himsa).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Is there any difference between knowledge and wisdom? Knowledge ceases to be that if it does not take into account all factors. Then it becomes 'the person did not know', i.e., no or not enough knowledge.