• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus the Jewish Messiah or not?

roger1440

I do stuff
I'm not sure why you're asking this because of course Christians will say that He is the Messiah, sent for all people. Of course Jews will say otherwise. What Jews say about it is really immaterial from a Christian point of view since Rabbinic Judaism stems from Phariseeism and the Pharisees obviously didn't like Christ. But the Pharisees were just one sect of Judaism around during the time of Jesus.
How would you explain Jesus criticizes the Pharisees more so then the Sadducees and not a single word mentioned about the Essenes?

Ben Avraham

Was Jesus the Jewish Messiah or not?

Perhaps, he was the Christian Messiah, not Jewish. The Jewish Messiah is Israel, the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23 and Habakkuk 3:13. Better yet, I thought Paul was the Christian Messiah by proxy, not Jesus. Jesus was a Jew and Paul was the founder of Christianity. (Acts 11:26) Jesus had never even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
who believed Jesus as the Jewish Messiah only for Jews.
Matthew 7:6 “Don’t give that which is holy to the dogs (Gentiles), neither throw your pearls before the pigs (Non-kosher), lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces (Luke 21:24).

In other words, the Gentiles are not intelligent enough to understand Yeshua's fulfillment of prophecy, and will completely miss the mark....

Whereas the Jews ignore the case due to the false added texts, and also miss the mark. :confused:

Ben Avraham

Is Jesus the Jewish Messiah or not?

Jesus is dead and, he could not have been the Messiah as an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not! The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a Lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I kings 11:36) According to Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son," said the Lord.

Limo

Thank you to the Jewish folks and Muslim here to help me clear up some of the misunerstandings feel free to offer more. It gets very confusing.
Islamic belief in Al-Masseh is :
  • He was full human from a mother without a father
  • He's a live example as human didn't witness Adam and Hawaa creation
  • He was sent to Israelites only
  • His mision was to call Israelites back to Mosa law after deviation
  • All his followers were Israelites
  • He was observant of Mosa law (monotheism, 10 commandments,no pigs, Sabbath, circumcision, sacrifices in Mountain Temple,,,,
  • He wasn't crucified neither resurrected
  • He isn't a savior in the Christian way, He saves people by taking them to belief
  • He's disconnected from what is called Christianity (evidences are from the NT itself)
From historical point, there were many Jews followed Al-Masseh in Palestine mainly Essenes, Ebionites, Nazarenes,,,1`
The true followers of Al-Masseh were Jews. The true followers of Al-Masseh were observing Mosa Law

Unfortunately, these sects were vanished as they were neither Jews nor "Christian"
BTW, Essenes didn't write the NT, They don't even have a clue or heard about it.

He's Al-Masseh, He's pure human, neither God, nor God the Son.
The last chapter of his life didn't start yet. He's alive in heaven since he was saved from killing.
He'll come back to earth for the last and final battle between true believers and all others.
Essenes of Qumran calls his followers at that time "Sons of Light"
Peace be upon him

Last edited: