• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald

Snowbear said:
Yes He did:
John 10:24 Then the Jews encircled Him and said to Him, How long do you make us doubt? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.
25 Jesus answered them, I told you and you did not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me.
26 But you did not believe because you are not of My sheep. As I said to you,
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28 And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.
29 My Father who gave them to me is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand.
30 I and the Father are one!
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
32 Jesus answered them, I have shown you many good works from My Father; for which of these do you stone Me?
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, We do not stone you for a good work, but for blasphemy, and because you, being a man, make yourself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, "I said, You are gods?"
35 If He called those gods with whom the Word of God was, and the Scripture cannot be broken,
36 do you say of Him whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world, You blaspheme, because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me.
38 But if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works so that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.

So I am God, I am Jesus, I am my wife, I am the Holy Ghost and I am Ronald! Wow!
Since I abide in Jesus and Jesus abides in God we are one. Yet I can not walk on the water???? And you have never done gearter things than Jesus. Why not as you are God???
I know you believe he said he was God. BUT he did not say in plain language, "I am God" and you know it.
God is one, beside him there is no other God!
Ho 13:4 Yet I am the LORD <03068> thy God <0430> from the land <0776> of Egypt <04714>, and thou shalt know <03045> (8799) no god <0430> but me <02108>: for there is no saviour <03467> (8688) beside me <01115>.
Yeshua is called everything but God. Lord, Savior, word of God, son of God, lamb of God, Moshiach and much, much more, but NEVER God! Except by Trinitarians.
A den of Adders, snakes, vipers! Oh yes Hasatan was an adder, serpent wasn't he?
Shalom.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Ronald said:
So I am God, I am Jesus, I am my wife, I am the Holy Ghost and I am Ronald! Wow!
Since I abide in Jesus and Jesus abides in God we are one. Yet I can not walk on the water???? And you have never done gearter things than Jesus. Why not as you are God???
I know you believe he said he was God. BUT he did not say in plain language, "I am God" and you know it.
God is one, beside him there is no other God!
Ho 13:4 Yet I am the LORD <03068> thy God <0430> from the land <0776> of Egypt <04714>, and thou shalt know <03045>(8799) no god <0430> but me <02108>: for there is no saviour <03467>(8688) beside me <01115>.
Yeshua is called everything but God. Lord, Savior, word of God, son of God, lamb of God, Moshiach and much, much more, but NEVER God! Except by Trinitarians.
A den of Adders, snakes, vipers! Oh yes Hasatan was an adder, serpent wasn't he?
Shalom.

Isaiah called him, "God With Us..."

Paul said in his letter to Philippi that Jesus, being in the form of God, humbled himself, taking on the human form of a servant...

But then...perhaps I'm reading the NRSV...New Revised Scriptures of Vipers...

Ronald

sojourner said:
Isaiah called him, "God With Us..."

Paul said in his letter to Philippi that Jesus, being in the form of God, humbled himself, taking on the human form of a servant...

But then...perhaps I'm reading the NRSV...New Revised Scriptures of Vipers...
Perhaps you are!
Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
He is the word of God made flesh. Bereshis bara Elohim et/Aleph Tav/alphabet/Torah.
Aleph Tav is the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last letters of the alphabet, the word of Torah complete from Aleph to Tav, Jn 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word of God, the word of God was with God and the word of God was God-------Aleph Tav!
Yeshua certainly fesses to being the Son of God! This I believe, he was sent into the world as the word of God, the lamb of God, the perfect sacrifice to redeem mankind from sin. As the son of God, he had the perfect blood of God and he guarded it from contamination by being sinless. BUT GOD did not die, His son did.

The bible walks to the edge, but never crosses the line, that is left to the adders.

Shalom

sojourner

Ronald said:
Perhaps you are!
Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
He is the word of God made flesh. Bereshis bara Elohim et/Aleph Tav/alphabet/Torah.
Aleph Tav is the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last letters of the alphabet, the word of Torah complete from Aleph to Tav, Jn 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word of God, the word of God was with God and the word of God was God-------Aleph Tav!
Yeshua certainly fesses to being the Son of God! This I believe, he was sent into the world as the word of God, the lamb of God, the perfect sacrifice to redeem mankind from sin. As the son of God, he had the perfect blood of God and he guarded it from contamination by being sinless. BUT GOD did not die, His son did.

The bible walks to the edge, but never crosses the line, that is left to the adders.

Shalom

Perhaps you need to refrain from calling others names and inferring that they have "hijicked" the Christian faith. :redcard:

Ronald

sojourner said:
Perhaps you need to refrain from calling others names and inferring that they have "hijicked" the Christian faith. :redcard:
Who, how and what??????
I said Yeshua is not God, he is the Son of God!

sojourner

Ronald said:
Who, how and what??????
I said Yeshua is not God, he is the Son of God!

And you're referring to those who don't agree with you as "snakes" and "vipers," in such a manner as to infer that we have hijacked the faith, as Jesus inferred when he called the Pharisees a "brood of vipers."

Ronald

sojourner said:
And you're referring to those who don't agree with you as "snakes" and "vipers," in such a manner as to infer that we have hijacked the faith, as Jesus inferred when he called the Pharisees a "brood of vipers."
Not so! The Non-biblical Trinitarians. Add to the written Bible. Therefore are adders.
Kinda sensitive aren't you? They do disagree with me and I them, so you are close to right. But is it not true that they(trinitarians) add to what is simple/pshat/fundamental in the bible?
But accept my apology for causing you distress. Someone said,Joh 8:32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Shalom

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Ronald said:
Good for you to think so. I don't believe it for a second, though.... other than maybe the Ronald part, anyhow ;)

What I DO believe is that Jesus the Son, God the Father and the Holy Spirit are all parts of God. That Jesus, in His part as God, made the ultimate sacrifice that paid for MY sins, so that I won't have to.... and after the completely horrible weekend I've had, I can still hang on the Hope and be thankful that the God Who cannot lie, made a Promise :D

sojourner

Ronald said:
Not so! The Non-biblical Trinitarians. Add to the written Bible. Therefore are adders.
Kinda sensitive aren't you? They do disagree with me and I them, so you are close to right. But is it not true that they(trinitarians) add to what is simple/pshat/fundamental in the bible?
But accept my apology for causing you distress. Someone said,Joh 8:32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Shalom

I'm one of those Trinitarian people.

No, Trinitarian theology does not add to the scriptures.

Ronald

Snowbear said:
Good for you to think so. I don't believe it for a second, though.... other than maybe the Ronald part, anyhow ;)

What I DO believe is that Jesus the Son, God the Father and the Holy Spirit are all parts of God. That Jesus, in His part as God, made the ultimate sacrifice that paid for MY sins, so that I won't have to.... and after the completely horrible weekend I've had, I can still hang on the Hope and be thankful that the God Who cannot lie, made a Promise :D
No doubt you are convinced! God said he is one, not a unity, that's addition. Your translation seems to only work for Jesus!? Aren't you one in the body of HaMoshiach? You really only believe what you want to believe. I on the other hand believe what is simple/pshat written in the bible. There is no trinity or unity in the pages of the bible. One must read between the lines and add to what is written.
I believe God is perfect, he never mis-leads or lies. De 6:4 ¶ "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" Isa 45:21 Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the LORD? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.
Believe it or not. It is written!!!!!!!!
Shalom

Ronald

sojourner said:
I'm one of those Trinitarian people.

No, Trinitarian theology does not add to the scriptures.
You are right! Trinitarians do not publish a revised bible. But they teach dogmas that are not in the written text of any bible! The Tanakh totally disagrees with trinitarian doctrine. Show me! Where do you find trinity? It is not in any bible!

Shalom

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Ronald said:
There is no trinity or unity in the pages of the bible. One must read between the lines and add to what is written.
There is plenty of Trinity and Unity in the pages of the Bible. and no additions are needed.

First of all, yes... I AM convinced. Second of all, I realize you too are convinced of something different and that anything I post here will be again caustically shot down by you as the 'trinitarian theology' which you so despise. So my response is mostly for my own benefit... to publicly clarify and strengthen my own conviction... for this, I thank you :D

As was prophesied in the Old testament:
Isaiah 7:14 So, the Lord Himself shall give you a sign. Behold, the virgin will conceive and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Immanuel.
Mat 1:22 Now all this happened so that might be fulfilled that which was spoken of the LORD by the prophet, saying,
23 "Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel," which being interpreted is, God with us.

I believe that Jesus' body was the temple containing God Himself. God walked among the people as a man.... fully man, being born of a woman in blood and fluids, growing up as a child, going through all of the physical and emotional experiences, changes and hurts that people do. The difference being, as God, He did not give in to temptation - He remained sinless, something none of us non-divine people cannot do.

John explained how the Word is with and IS God and how the Word was made flesh (Jesus):
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.
14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Jesus Himself said He is in the Father and the Father is in Him.
John 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The Words that I speak to you I do not speak of Myself, but the Father who dwells in Me, He does the works.
11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works themselves.
Everything He does and says - it's God doing and saying. Jesus, as God, is doing the works and saying the words of the Father.

God tell Moses He is I AM:
Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM. And He said, So you shall say to the sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.

Jesus told the Pharisees He is I AM:
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and He saw and was glad.
57 Then the Jews said to Him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came into being, I AM!

There's more and more I'm finding as I research this, but daylight's a-burning and I need to go get some work done and will need to come back to this later.

Anyhow, I am convinced of Jesus' divinity as well as His individuality - He is God, yet separate from God.

sojourner

Ronald said:
You are right! Trinitarians do not publish a revised bible. But they teach dogmas that are not in the written text of any bible! The Tanakh totally disagrees with trinitarian doctrine. Show me! Where do you find trinity? It is not in any bible!

Shalom

It has been shown ... time and time again. If you don't care to understand the scriptures in trinitarian terms, that's your business. But, the preponderance of Christians and Christian tradition do accept trinitarian theology. The cards here are stacked against you.

Ronald

sojourner said:
It has been shown ... time and time again. If you don't care to understand the scriptures in trinitarian terms, that's your business. But, the preponderance of Christians and Christian tradition do accept trinitarian theology. The cards here are stacked against you.
You are right again! All jetsom and flotsom go with the flow. Could it be I am one of the FEW, you are one of the MANY. Go figure.
Mt 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Ronald

Snowbear said:
God tell Moses He is I AM:

Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM. And He said, So you shall say to the sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.

Jesus told the Pharisees He is I AM:
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and He saw and was glad.
57 Then the Jews said to Him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came into being, I AM!

There's more and more I'm finding as I research this, but daylight's a-burning and I need to go get some work done and will need to come back to this later.

Anyhow, I am convinced of Jesus' divinity as well as His individuality - He is God, yet separate from God.
Your bibles "I am" is not a correct quote, there is no (I am) in Hebrew. The correct words are "I shall be what I shall be"(Stone Tanakh) Strongs # 1961 hawyaw- to exist i.e. be or become, come to pass. A far cry from I am!
Gen. 1 Bereshis bara Elohim et- John the Kabbahlist said Jn. 1. In the beginning was the Torah/Word of God.
Check out a little Hebrew Roots and find the whole truth!
If God is divine, then his seed/son is also divine. This point we agree.
Only God can soften an Iron Clad Trinity!
Shalom

sojourner

Ronald said:
You are right again! All jetsom and flotsom go with the flow. Could it be I am one of the FEW, you are one of the MANY. Go figure.
Mt 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Thank you for your belittling remarks. They serve to humble. "The last shall be first...":beach:

ProfLogic

If jesus is no god, he just wanted the pain towards his people to end and thus a mischievous energy played tricks in his mind to make believe that he is a god.

Live the way you wanted not what others tell you how you should.

Status
Not open for further replies.