• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic-als

Why can't I be part of the trinity. We'll call it the awsome foursome. Yippeee.
Why is Jesus considered part of the trinity (or God). Is it because his father is God. Then when Jesus died etc. etc. didn't we become sons and daughters of God. Then following this aren't we just as qualified to be part of the trinity. To be God.

So to answer the question. I don't believe that Jesus is God.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Except that we are not God who has taken on human form. We are human creatures in human form.

Mystic-als

"Except that we are not God who has taken on human form. We are human creatures in human form." - sojourner

So you think Jesus was Christ with a body. Not Jesus (the man) with the Christ annointing (like King David)?

sojourner

ticandy said:
"Except that we are not God who has taken on human form. We are human creatures in human form." - sojourner

So you think Jesus was Christ with a body. Not Jesus (the man) with the Christ annointing (like King David)?

No. I think Jesus was fully human. I think Jesus was also fully divine.

Mystic-als

I don't dissagree with you in a sence. I too believe that Christ was God. And God was Christ. the difference is that I believe that Jesus was the best example of the Christ but he wasn't the only one. What about Moses. Or Abraham. Or Adam. or David. etc.
What did his death signify to christians? Was it not that the sin that made us imperfect was totally done away with? Hence we now become righteous. Without sin. Like Jesus.

So Is Jesus God? If yes then so are we. If no then, from a christian stand point, we're in trouble.

sojourner

ticandy said:
I don't dissagree with you in a sence. I too believe that Christ was God. And God was Christ. the difference is that I believe that Jesus was the best example of the Christ but he wasn't the only one. What about Moses. Or Abraham. Or Adam. or David. etc.
What did his death signify to christians? Was it not that the sin that made us imperfect was totally done away with? Hence we now become righteous. Without sin. Like Jesus.

So Is Jesus God? If yes then so are we. If no then, from a christian stand point, we're in trouble.

The difference is, Christ was begotten of God. We were not. We are created by God. God became human in order to complete humanity, not to eradicate sin, (but rather to release it's hold on us.) Forgiveness of sin and eradication of sin are two different things.

Baerly

logician said:
Any religion that claims it is the one true way, isn't.

In (John 14:6) Jesus said I am (the) way. He did not say I am (A) way. Then he went on to say (no man) cometh to the father but by me. Jesus has just said everone must go through him to get to his father (God). Jesus died on the cross to give all makind a possibility of going to heaven if we obey his will (Heb.5:8,9). When I read the bible it is clear that Christianity is the only way to heaven. in love Baerly

sojourner

Baerly said:
In (John 14:6) Jesus said I am (the) way. He did not say I am (A) way. Then he went on to say (no man) cometh to the father but by me. Jesus has just said everone must go through him to get to his father (God). Jesus died on the cross to give all makind a possibility of going to heaven if we obey his will (Heb.5:8,9). When I read the bible it is clear that Christianity is the only way to heaven. in love Baerly

Following Jesus is the way to God for his disciples.

ProfLogic

logician said:
As an atheist, I believe there is no god, Jesus or otherwise.

I agree, people get this god complex that is attributed to the mystery of the brain. If there was such a man, he was definitely under the manipulation of a mental suggestion that he is a god. Check the sanitariums and there are plenty of them there. We as a society should understand this strange phenomenon and not ignore the people who have a god complex. One day everyone would realize that they are a weath of information.

Logician did I sit next to you at a logical conference?...lol..

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Ronald said:
So I am God, I am Jesus, I am my wife, I am the Holy Ghost and I am Ronald! Wow!
Since I abide in Jesus and Jesus abides in God we are one. Yet I can not walk on the water???? And you have never done gearter things than Jesus. Why not as you are God???
I know you believe he said he was God. BUT he did not say in plain language, "I am God" and you know it.
God is one, beside him there is no other God!
Ho 13:4 Yet I am the LORD <03068> thy God <0430> from the land <0776> of Egypt <04714>, and thou shalt know <03045>(8799) no god <0430> but me <02108>: for there is no saviour <03467>(8688) beside me <01115>.
Yeshua is called everything but God. Lord, Savior, word of God, son of God, lamb of God, Moshiach and much, much more, but NEVER God! Except by Trinitarians.
A den of Adders, snakes, vipers! Oh yes Hasatan was an adder, serpent wasn't he?
Shalom.
You cannot walk on water because you do not believe you can walk on water . . . .
Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Baerly

logician said:
My way or the highway huh? LOL

Talk about fundamentalism.

One of the smartest men that ever lived said :
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. (Eccl.12:13) Solomon - LOL

Baerly

logician said:
Anybody personally seem somebody walk on water unaided?

Didn't think so.

No one can do miracles today because the spiritual gifts could only be passed on by the apostles laying their hands on a person to depart the gifts (Acts 8:18).

logician

"No one can do miracles today because the spiritual gifts could only be passed on by the apostles laying their hands on a person to depart the gifts (Acts 8:18)."

Sure, right, and I have some swampland for sale in Florida.

sojourner

logician said:
My way or the highway huh? LOL

Talk about fundamentalism.

That's not at all what I said. The words highlighted in red are the only words that appear in my post.

My post does not entail classic fundamentalism in any way. In fact, it's a very inclusive statement, because it allows for those who do not follow Jesus to find God in the way that's right for them.

Your derision and attempt at misdirection here are neither called for nor appreciated. I'd be interested to know if you have something on-topic and worthwhile to add to the thread.

Ronald

EnhancedSpirit said:
You cannot walk on water because you do not believe you can walk on water . . . .
Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Mizz. EnhancedSpirit, by your comment, it seems to me you are saying you can walk on water! I and you are unable to minimize our selves into a "hardahl", that we then are able to do as he/Yeshua did and walk upon the water.
Oh, we of little faith, increase our faith that we may do your will!
Amen
Shalom

Status
Not open for further replies.