• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ a God or Do You Beleive in Jesus the Human ?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
I consider Jesus to be a man, and in no sense a god to be worshipped.
Peace be on you.
Agree.

Messiah was originally meant as someone who would be a king or prophet (I believe that is true; correct me if I am wrong).
Reformer Prophet.

In light of that, and in light of his humanity, I consider Jesus to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone on how we should live our life.
He was respectable Prophet of Allah, survived from cross, migrated to Kashmir lived 120 years of age and died and his tomb is in Srinagar.

Do you consider Jesus a man or do you consider him a God ? What reasons do you have for that belief ?
Man Prophet of God.
Reason:
= He said he came for sons of Israel.
= How was it possible that the founder was human-Prophet [Moses] and reformer was God-Prophet?
More @ #11@ Titles of Jesus. | ReligiousForums.com

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
I didn't know the NT says something about Jesus' skills as carpenter, but i think if he made high quality furniture he didn't have to become a preacher.

Boys usually adopted the trade of their fathers, being taught by them as youngsters and continuing to hone their skills as the years went on. Joseph was a carpenter. Jesus was a perfect human specimen so, being without defect, he could well have turned out perfect pieces and been in demand as a master craftsman in his trade.

But he was sent into the world to be a preacher and teacher.....not to earn a living as a carpenter.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Kind of begging the question isn't it? "Jesus has got to be god" HE JUST HAS TO BE! 'Cause if he isn't . . . . . . . well, that isn't even a possibility. Nope! Not even a possibility!"
196.gif

JESUS
resize
GOD
IS

I didn't say He was God.
But I did say....If He has failed.....what then of us?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe in cause and effect.
That includes what I post.
I suspect heaven will hear of these things I declare.

so If you believe Someone else had no effect on your future.....

Popcorn

What is it?
That is what I meant . I understand perfectly logical statements, whereas that which I not logical only leaves confused. I will advise you to make your NEXT statement logical, or you will force me to put you, sir, on ignore. I do not treasure or like mysterious statements that has no conceivable reason to be made, except to mock me. I, sir, am not mocked. You, sir, have only mocked yourself. Good day, sir.

Either my comment is too insensitive, or you are overly sensitive. Does it matter? You shall just have to put me on ignore, because what we're not going to do is continue in a situation where I am expected to repeatedly correct myself for your pleasure. You said Jesus was mentally ill, very well, my comment is in response to your question "Do you consider Jesus a man or do you consider him a God ? What reasons do you have for that belief ?" in that context. I can offer an apology if that would be amicable to you, but I am just as offended that you would assume I post in order to mock you. Good day to you, sir.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It depends on the premise. If you are asking, do I think that a man messiah, became deified, and then is God, then, no, I don't believe that. Esu, is part of my beliefs, however, the ''Christian'' association'' isn't there. Hope that's clear. So, Esu, an aspect of God, the other trappings of Christianity, not my concern / im not baptized, don't attend church, etc.

prophet jesus are messenger,prophet,messiah.......he is not son of God........just prophet, son of mary & normal human with super power......like other prophet noah,adam,moses,etc.......(all prophet have super power too)

Ubadah bin As-Samit (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "He who bears witness that there is no true god except Allah, alone having no partner with Him, that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger, that `Isa (Jesus) is His slave and Messenger and he (Jesus) is His Word which He communicated to Maryam (Mary) and His spirit which He sent to her, that Jannah is true and Hell is true; Allah will make him enter Jannah accepting whatever deeds he accomplished". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I didn't know the NT says something about Jesus' skills as carpenter, but i think if he made high quality furniture he didn't have to become a preacher.

Interestingly the word being translated - carpenter - is related to Sorcerer, - and Jesus was called a Sorcerer.

Forever_Catholic

Messiah was originally meant as someone who would be a king or prophet (I believe that is true; correct me if I am wrong).
Messiah means “anointed one,” but it is true that Christ is a king. When the angel spoke to Virgin Mary at the annunciation, he said that Jesus would inherit the throne of David and reign forever (inherited through Mary, a descendent of David). Only Jesus did not turn out to be the warrior king that many of the Jews were hoping for. He came to save their souls, not to fight their earthly battles for them. As he said to Pontius Pilate, “My kingdom is not of this world.”

Since Jesus is the begotten son of God, he is of the same substance as his Father. So he is God the Son. But he came to earth both fully human and fully divine. The Triune God is clearly and specifically identified in sacred scripture, but if a person does not believe in God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, then he/she probably won’t have any regard for the New Testament. (That is, except for the non-Christians or near-Christians who use the Christian Bible, but redefine or reject everything in it that conflicts with their particular theologies.)

Vishvavajra

What is a god, really? In the traditional sense, including the Greco-Roman culture of the time, if Jesus receives worship, then that makes him a god to some people. Is Jesus to be identified with the god of the Jews? Most Christians think so, but it's not clear Jesus would have agreed. In his day and cultural context, to make that kind of equivalency in literal terms would have been unthinkable, blasphemous even. But people today do read that back into things that he is reported to have said (by people who were constructing his narrative a couple of generations after the fact to fit with their own well developed theological beliefs). In short, it's complicated.

I'm not about to worship Jesus as a god, but I'm not the sort to worship gods generally. I can respect him as a teacher and even a bodhisattva, but he's not my lord and master unless I want him to be.

As for what Jesus thought he was, it's hard to say with any certainty. His followers thought he was the Messiah, and there's a good chance he thought so too. He may have genuinely intended to save his people and even the whole world, which is a fine motivation to have. As for what exactly the Messiah was supposed to be, that's a complex issue that's deeply involved with the Hellenistic Jewish culture he came out of, which necessarily colors his and everyone else's understanding of what's going on and what is supposed to be. It's fair to say that whatever Jesus was, he was a product of his time. Nevertheless, one might find something universal in his story if one looks for it.

Mitch M

Hey There Selinagir.

the Bible Does say in Mat 13:55 - Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

the bible never tells of Jesus Himself being a carpenter, It was Other Writers and Later Writings that try to make the assertion.
I do not Believe that Jesus was a carpenter. because there is no Biblical Evidence, that He was. BUT -Maybe it is a possibility that he Was. !

His Adopted / supposed Father was.

Ya Know. ?