• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ a God or Do You Beleive in Jesus the Human ?

Thanda

I consider Jesus to be a man, and in no sense a god to be worshipped. Messiah was originally meant as someone who would be a king or prophet (I believe that is true; correct me if I am wrong). In light of that, and in light of his humanity, I consider Jesus to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone on how we should live our life.
Do you consider Jesus a man or do you consider him a God ? What reasons do you have for that belief ?

What is your understanding of the term God?

Edit:

In other words - what is a God. How does a God differ from an angel and a human.

Aiviu

I consider Jesus to be a man, and in no sense a god to be worshipped. Messiah was originally meant as someone who would be a king or prophet (I believe that is true; correct me if I am wrong). In light of that, and in light of his humanity, I consider Jesus to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone on how we should live our life.
Do you consider Jesus a man or do you consider him a God ? What reasons do you have for that belief ?

Abrahamics? Hmm, ... Jesus is your thoughts coming from your heart telling you about a halo you once stood in love which wisdom successfully ignores. If it is for their own advantage. maybe.. but i dont know. Their wisdom seems to be trying to make a copy of love.

just my thoughts.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Hi Levite,

I see, I respect that. Just to share the scripture. In the Christian Bible--the New Testament, Jesus confirmed that He is the Messiah. This is the reason why we believe He is the Messiah, and he came already 2,000 years ago.
John 4:25-26
25. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh (he that is called Christ): when he is come, he will declare unto us all things.
26. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Thanks

Believe it or not, I am familiar with Christian scriptures. It just doesn't change that I don't accept what is in them as either revelatory or sacred, or literally factual.

Jesus "confirmed that he is the messiah" only if one believes Christian texts and accepts their theological proofs.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
He would have been back for his followers by now.

There have been numerous genocides, let alone the persecution of Christians in the beginning.

Q7ywe8e.jpg

The Catacombs, posting these pictures is just bad juju.

He did say Death would come. So I essentially think everyone will be dead by time he decides to return and start a kingdom.

Mitch M

Rom 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Rom 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
Rom 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
Rom 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
Rom 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
Rom 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Both! "Just a human" is a human who hasn't claimed their birthright in the Dominion of God yet. Mentally ill is a rather subjective matter, but I doubt very much that a trained counselor would be alarmed by anything he did or said. I don't consider Jesus an example for daily life, but not because he's a bad example necessarily. We just don't have a lot of information about his daily life, it was 2000 years ago anyway, and fidning one's path in life is best left an individual affair, occasionally rather than constantly steered by good advice.

Mitch M

Jesus Christ was all the Features of the Humanistic, Physical Descriptions of the God of the Old Testament itself ?

____________________.REMEMBER._____________________

Gen 3:8 Adam heard the sound of God walking in the garden in the cool of the day.

in The New Testament, Jesus Said that Abraham Literally Met with and Saw Him.

Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou

seen Abraham? - 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. ( I EXISTED ) in Fact - Jesus of the Bible - did See Abraham ))))

Jesus Literally Met with Abraham in -- Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre ___ 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and Abraham OFFERED the LORD water and to wash His feet, and rest under the tree. 8 Abraham took butter, and milk, and the calf _____ and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

In (Gen 32:28) Jacob was told - "you have struggled with God." Jacob then named the place where they wrestled "Peniel," which meant the "face of God," because he said, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved" (Gen 32:30)

And Again God has Literally Appeared to Moses. (Ex 33:20)(Jn 1:18)(1 Tim 6:16)(1 Jn 4:12). (Heb 1:8)(Jn 1:1)(Jn 1:18)(1 Jn 3:16).

God appeared to (Moses) in a flame of fire. Sating I am that I am. I am GOD.

YES - The Bible says that no man has ever seen Gods Spirit. Because it is too Holy and Bright ---- eXplaining that God is a Sprit. bUT Yet Moses Seen God Face to Face. Christians Believe, that face Was Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the Expressed Image and Manifestation or MORPHing of that SAME Spirit That is Seen Moving in - into a Human, Physical Earthly Contact to Man.

Catholics and Muslims, who have NO Scriptures, No Gospels for their Faith - No Truth. ___ They Already are in Denial of the TRUE deity of Jesus. According to the bible.
....................__________________________________________.......................

so.... The God of the Quran and of the Old Testament. Can Touch with Fingers, With a Physical Hand / Palm - He Can Appear to Abraham, Gideon, Moses, Jacob and Adam in Human form. He Walks on earth. !

What is the so far out about Jesus Christ being that Physical eXpression of all these many numerous contacts in the Quran and Old Testament. ?

The Problem is, That the Jews and Muslims and Catholics - Who do not believe in Jesus Christ Ignore these facts of the Old Testament. and Hide from them and eXpect others to Hide from them as well.

They are not interested in believing - Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Believing in ---- The Name of the Father AND Of the Son AND Of the Spirit.
that NAME is Jesus.

Last edited:

Nass

In my opinion that Christ is a prophet and messenger of God and not at all a Lord and this perception to God is is not correct, because the Lord is very great and can not in any way be turned into a human being.

That's a very challenging question. I believe that Jesus is a teacher, in the same way as the Buddha. Not a god, but a person who got it right and has a lot to teach.

Mitch M

I agree that the bible teaches and shows Jesus to be a teacher and a prophet.

You may disagree with the scriptures. But that is Your Opinion, - But would you AGREE --- That You simply have no scriptures - for Your faith.

God is seen and described, manifesting MORPHING - Himself into Human Form. As a Man. From Genesis to Revelation.

Last edited:

Dillon Dopp

Jesus Christ was both man and diety this is what enabled him to preform the atonement and the resurrection without his mortal state he could not have died for us on the cross and he could not have suffered for us in the garden of Gethsemane so he was both and now he is a glorified resurrected being. I would love to teach anyone more about this and the plan of salvation just message me and we can talk more :)

syo

Jesus is God. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." mere humans don't fulfill the Law.