• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ a God or Do You Beleive in Jesus the Human ?

Paranoid Android

I consider Jesus to be a man, and in no sense a god to be worshipped. Messiah was originally meant as someone who would be a king or prophet (I believe that is true; correct me if I am wrong). In light of that, and in light of his humanity, I consider Jesus to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone on how we should live our life.
Do you consider Jesus a man or do you consider him a God ? What reasons do you have for that belief ?

JRMcC

I consider Jesus to be a man, and in no sense a god to be worshipped. Messiah was originally meant as someone who would be a king or prophet (I believe that is true; correct me if I am wrong). In light of that, and in light of his humanity, I consider Jesus to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone on how we should live our life.
Do you consider Jesus a man or do you consider him a God ? What reasons do you have for that belief ?

People are going to tell you that Jesus is both God and human, but personally I think Jesus was only human.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member

You consider Him to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone...........

WHAT?:confused::confused:

Paranoid Android

You consider Him to be a mentally ill man that is an example to everyone...........

Of course, He claimed to be God, a particular delusion with mentally ill people. In fact, his own family thought he was mentally ill. If he was alive today, he's probably have to take meds to treat his illness. But that makes me revere him even more, because he had no meds or help, and yet he made sense enough to his disciples to have them remember his teachings.
People's rejection of tis truth reveals they consider mentally ill people to be inferior. Yet, in my estimation

Yes, I consider Jesus to be mentally ill. That is not to tear him down, but to simply say that if a person considers themselves to be God, more often then not, there delusional. I have to believe that he must not have been too bad albeit egotistic delusions of being God, his seemingly close interaction with God, e.t.c . If Jesus was alive today, he would be receiving Social Security and I'd probably see him at PSR.
Just follow Occam's Razor.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

He said of Himself....brother and fellow servant.
I do not add to that.

When the notion of a crown on His head was ever mentioned.....He would leave.

In His parables I see wisdom....not mental illness.

and if Someone of His ability failed to enter heaven.....the rest of us are failed.....no hope at all.

Popcorn

What is it?

Mentally ill. :rolleyes:
Good times.

Okay.
In the beginning was the Word.
What's the Word?
What's Logic?
Suppose you start with a dot, then expand outward from that.
Could be the so-called Big Bang.
Could be the so-called Evolution.
You see, there's a pattern in it.
The dot expands into lines, shapes, dimensions.
Count all the letters A on the page, how many are there?
So where is the first, original letter A to which all others are copies?
Surely, it's not the golden calf, is it?

Hopefully, that is weird enough explanation.

Paranoid Android

Mentally ill. :rolleyes:
Good times.

Okay.
In the beginning was the Word.
What's the Word?
What's Logic?
Suppose you start with a dot, then expand outward from that.
Could be the so-called Big Bang.
Could be the so-called Evolution.
You see, there's a pattern in it.
The dot expands into lines, shapes, dimensions.
Count all the letters A on the page, how many are there?
So where is the first, original letter A to which all others are copies?
Surely, it's not the golden calf, is it?

Hopefully, that is weird enough explanation.

That is what I meant . I understand perfectly logical statements, whereas that which I not logical only leaves confused. I will advise you to make your NEXT statement logical, or you will force me to put you, sir, on ignore. I do not treasure or like mysterious statements that has no conceivable reason to be made, except to mock me. I, sir, am not mocked. You, sir, have only mocked yourself. Good day, sir.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I definitely dont agree He's mentally ill. He is one hundred percent human. I never worship gods and humans. It just makes sense that Hes a human no matter how divine He is.

Skwim

Veteran Member
He said of Himself....brother and fellow servant.
I do not add to that.

When the notion of a crown on His head was ever mentioned.....He would leave.

In His parables I see wisdom....not mental illness.

and if Someone of His ability failed to enter heaven.....the rest of us are failed.....no hope at all.
Kind of begging the question isn't it? "Jesus has got to be god" HE JUST HAS TO BE! 'Cause if he isn't . . . . . . . well, that isn't even a possibility. Nope! Not even a possibility!"
196.gif

JESUS
resize
GOD
IS

arthra

Baha'i
For Baha'is Jesus was a Manifestation of God... He perfectly reflected the attributes of God to humanity.. Was He God incarnate? No. God doesn't physically incarnate Himself in our belief..

Here are some perspectives on Manifestations:

"The Divine Nature is seen in the Manifestations and its Light and Splendor are visible in extreme glory."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 24)

"Is the Divine Manifestation, God?

"Yes, and yet not in Essence. A Divine Manifestation is as a mirror reflecting the light of the Sun. The light is the same and yet the mirror is not the Sun. All the Manifestations of God bring the same Light; they only differ in degree, not in reality."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 66)

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
As a Christo-Pagan, I do accept Jesus as a divine being (that is, in my particular pantheon) subservient to the Father Jah - yes, JAH - and Mother Asherah.

Last edited:

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Of course, He claimed to be God, a particular delusion with mentally ill people.

Jesus never claimed to be God. He only ever said he was sent by God to fulfill the role of Messiah. He said he was "God's son". He told his disciples to worship the same God that he did.

In fact, his own family thought he was mentally ill.

We all know that "familiarity breeds contempt" so Jesus' siblings did not at first believe that their older brother was anything more than the ordinary (if not genius) person who had been around them all their lives. Mary and Joseph knew he was special, but his siblings took a while to become believers....not surprising really. It is not stated in the scriptures, but when Jesus was dying, he committed his mother to the care of the apostle John....something he would not have done as firstborn if his father had been alive. She knew who he was, but the rest of the family needed convincing. He did not entrust his mother's care to unbelievers, even his own kin. Her spiritual welfare was his first concern.

If he was alive today, he's probably have to take meds to treat his illness. But that makes me revere him even more, because he had no meds or help, and yet he made sense enough to his disciples to have them remember his teachings.

Mentally ill people can't perform miracles.....he was merely a servant of God trying to do his job in a world who would not accept him for who he was. They wanted a political liberator; a Messiah who would free them from Roman oppression and restore Israel as a nation.....Jesus just didn't fit their definition, so they had him put to death.

That is not to tear him down, but to simply say that if a person considers themselves to be God, more often then not, there delusional.

If Jesus was delusional, then so we're all the apostles. They performed miracles too, and saw the operation of God's holy spirit and some even received angelic rescue from prison. These are not delusions. If they were then the jailer was deluded along with them.

If Jesus was alive today, he would be receiving Social Security and I'd probably see him at PSR.

Jesus is alive today....directing the preaching of the good news of his kingdom in all the world before he brings this corrupt worldly system to its end. (Matt 24:14)

As for receiving Social Security.....you must be joking! If he could feed thousands of people and he was gifted in his trade as a carpenter, he most certainly would not have lived on charity. As a perfect human, he could have commanded a good salary turning out perfectly crafted pieces of furniture. His work ethic was impeccable, just like the other apostles. Paul worked as a tent maker to earn his living. If one can work, there is no excuse not to.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Jesus never claimed to be God, or said he was part of any trinity.

Jesus (if he existed) claimed to be the awaited Jewish Messiah, whom was to be a special human from the line of David.

Selinagirl

I didn't know the NT says something about Jesus' skills as carpenter, but i think if he made high quality furniture he didn't have to become a preacher.