• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Adam?

kjw47

No, not that. I was talking his writings about God making man in his image. And how do you know that Moses was not using Elohim as a trinity meaning? It's one thing to say you don't believe he was, but another thing to say he wasn't. Do you know what Elohim means? Have you done any research (outside of JW magazines) on this? Have you done any research on the writings in the book of Genesis? If you did, you would understand that Moses did not write anything in Genesis, so you point about "Moses didnt use Elohim as trinity meaning" is, in my opinion, a totally uninformed one.

Moses wrote Genesis-- Moses served a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) as did every israelite that ever existed while serving the true allmighty God. So does Jesus-- 1 cor 15:24-28--rev 3:12

Big_TJ

Moses wrote Genesis-- Moses served a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) as did every israelite that ever existed while serving the true allmighty God. So does Jesus-- 1 cor 15:24-28--rev 3:12

Ok, now all you have to do is provide evidence (that can be collaborated) to substantiate your claim that Moses wrote Genesis since the author of Genesis is mentioned NO WHERE in Genesis (or in the bible, I believe).

And provide evidence that the tetragrammation should be rendered as "Jehovah" and not "Yahweh"
:yes:

kjw47

Ok, now all you have to do is provide evidence (that can be collaborated) to substantiate your claim that Moses wrote Genesis since the author of Genesis is mentioned NO WHERE in Genesis (or in the bible, I believe).

And provide evidence that the tetragrammation should be rendered as "Jehovah" and not "Yahweh"
:yes:

Bible historians agree that Moses wrote Genesis.
Yahweh = hebrew--Jehovah = english

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Since Jesus is firstborn in the heavens [Col. 1 vs 15,16; Psalm 89 v27 ],
and Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God [ Rev. 3 v 14 , ]
and all angels came through Jesus, then the 'us' of Gen. [1 v 26] would be Jehovah speaking to the pre-human heavenly Jesus.

The ^ above ^ post is in relation to who is the 'us' at Genesis 1 v 26 A

See post # 78

Last edited:

Big_TJ

Bible historians agree that Moses wrote Genesis.
Really?? So I guess these quotes are just DEAD wrong:

Most biblical scholars think the book is a confused melding of three distinct sources and an editor, making it highly self-contradictory. If you are a biblical literalist, those contradictions magically disappear.
source: Book of Genesis - RationalWiki

Traditionally, Genesis and the other four Mosaic books were considered to have been written by Moses himself. Although a minority among conservative Christians still hold to this view, the greater part of modern scholarship believes that they were collected in the middle of the first millennium BCE from a number of older sources. Literary criticism and analysis suggests three sources for the original material which was then edited by a redactor. The fact that Moses' death is related in Deut. 34 has mysteriously changed few fundamentalist whackjobs' opinions. Book of Genesis - RationalWiki

So, were those quotes just flat out wrong?

Yahweh = hebrew--Jehovah = english

:eek:. You don't read much on these matters, don't?admit it:slap:. The Hebrew word is the tetragrammation; both Yahweh and Jehovah is the "english" translation of the tetragrammation. "Jehovah" is not even believed to be "english;" it is believed to be a "corruption" or "hybrid" of some latin letter. I don't know where you get your info but I would suggest you change/update your sources.

Big_TJ

The ^ above ^ post is in relation to who is the 'us' at Genesis 1 v 26 A

See post # 78
Cool! I have no problem with that analysis. The only problem is that you seem to be making some huge assumptions that may not be true. For example:
1) You are assuming that Jehovah made that statement immediately after beginning the creation. In other words, you are assuming that it was only Jesus who was created at that time. Since Jehovah said this on day six - AFTER animals, plants, etc were created - it is highly llikely that other angelic bodies were created before that point. The point is that Jesus being the "firstborn of the heavens" does not automatically mean that Jehovah was addressing Jesus. As I stated, Jesus was not the only one who existed at the time when Jehovah supposedly utter those words.

And with the JWs using "day" to be "a thousand years." It could very well be more than 6000 years between when Jesus was created and when Jehovah uttered the words.

2) you are assuming that Jehovah could not be talking to himself. Since Jehovah is all-powerful and is God, I see no reason to limit his abilities.

3) you seem to be ignoring the latter part of verse 27 which clear says " male and female he created them." So, it could be argued that the "us" does include someone with a female image.

There are others, but I hope you see my point. I still think the best answer for who is the us is "I don't know.":shrug:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Wasn't it a Catholic monk that first translated from the Latin the first acceptable English pronunciation of YHWH ?

Accepted by King James in the KJV Bible at Psalm 83 v 18

kjw47

Really?? So I guess these quotes are just DEAD wrong:

So, were those quotes just flat out wrong?

:eek:. You don't read much on these matters, don't?admit it:slap:. The Hebrew word is the tetragrammation; both Yahweh and Jehovah is the "english" translation of the tetragrammation. "Jehovah" is not even believed to be "english;" it is believed to be a "corruption" or "hybrid" of some latin letter. I don't know where you get your info but I would suggest you change/update your sources.

One fact of reality all can count on 24/7--Jehovah has made his name known, he always has and always will.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Genesis 1 v 27 is part of the first account of creation that describes heaven and earth and all in them.
The first account ends at Genesis 2 v 4; Deut. 4 v 32.

Genesis 2 v 7 is part of the second creation account that started at verse 5.
It is in the second account that gives the details of the first or earlier account.
-Job 33 v 4

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
:eek:. You don't read much on these matters, don't?admit it:slap:. The Hebrew word is the tetragrammation; both Yahweh and Jehovah is the "english" translation of the tetragrammation.

Yahweh is the hebrew rendering of the tetragrammaton
Jehovah is the english rendering of the hebrew word Yahweh.

"Jehovah" is not even believed to be "english;" it is believed to be a "corruption" or "hybrid" of some latin letter. I don't know where you get your info but I would suggest you change/update your sources.

In hebrew, the name 'Yeshua' is translated 'Jesus'

The Hebrew Y transliterates to a J in english... we accept it for all names in the bible...do you have a good reason why we should not accept it for the name Yahweh/Jehovah?

Big_TJ

Genesis 1 v 27 is part of the first account of creation that describes heaven and earth and all in them.
The first account ends at Genesis 2 v 4; Deut. 4 v 32.

Genesis 2 v 7 is part of the second creation account that started at verse 5.
It is in the second account that gives the details of the first or earlier account.
-Job 33 v 4

Source? Or better yet - what source outside of JW magazines do you have for this? Just to note that almost no biblical scholar agrees with what you said above.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The first Genesis account [chapter one] is constructed 'chronologically' divided into six consecutive creative 'days' of unknown length.

The second account [starting at Genesis 2 v 5] is written in the order of 'topical' importance.

Genesis chapter 2 adds details that do not conflict with chapter one.

If biblical scholars disagree maybe they should consult English professors.

Big_TJ

Yahweh is the hebrew rendering of the tetragrammaton
Jehovah is the english rendering of the hebrew word Yahweh.
:facepalm:. Yahweh is not Hebrew, it's English. Jehovah is not English, it's Latin.
In hebrew, the name 'Yeshua' is translated 'Jesus'
The Hebrew Y transliterates to a J in english...
:slap:. Please stop.

we accept it for all names in the bible...do you have a good reason why we should not accept it for the name Yahweh/Jehovah?

Because it is almost well known that "Jehovah" and is misprounciation of the tetragrammation and is simply wrong; it was generated by an attempt to combine the constonants of the tetragrammation with vowels from the hebrew word Adonai. Almost NO biblical scholar acccept "Jehovah" as a correct prounciation of God's name; in fact, there is no known prounciation of God's name in English, and Yahweh is accepted as the best guess.

kjw47

:facepalm:. Yahweh is not Hebrew, it's English. Jehovah is not English, it's Latin.

:slap:. Please stop.

Because it is almost well known that "Jehovah" and is misprounciation of the tetragrammation and is simply wrong; it was generated by an attempt to combine the constonants of the tetragrammation with vowels from the hebrew word Adonai. Almost NO biblical scholar acccept "Jehovah" as a correct prounciation of God's name; in fact, there is no known prounciation of God's name in English, and Yahweh is accepted as the best guess.

Jehovah the only true allmighty God has made his name known. All will know this fact soon, because in Ezekial about 20 times it states--They will have to know, i am Jehovah.

Big_TJ

The first Genesis account [chapter one] is constructed 'chronologically' divided into six consecutive creative 'days' of unknown length.

The second account [starting at Genesis 2 v 5] is written in the order of 'topical' importance.
Ok, noted.
Genesis chapter 2 adds details that do not conflict with chapter one.
What? Tell me you are kidding here. :slap: Do you ever read these accounts?

If biblical scholars disagree maybe they should consult English professors.

Oh, so an English scholar is better equipped to speak on biblical matters than biblical scholars?:eek:.

Ok, i will bite. Name one English Scholar who agree that Gen 1 & 2 was written by the same person but just from a different perspective.