• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it permitted to beat women per Quran? (challenge for one on one debate with anyone)

stevecanuck

Lool..

Stevecanuck. I am asking this from you since you are making statements pretending you know the language so well. Oh there is no point saying any of that because there are some people like you who want to be scholars but dont walk the mile to achieve it so you think a quick google scholarship is good enough to do criticism of anything.

Gold. Lol. Thats hilarious. So ignorant its mind numbing. See, when you dont know something, just ask. Not say "Make your point". ;)

Okay. So you dont know Arabic even at a Childs level. You pretend you are a master, make commentary about the arabic of the Quran and modern arabic in pretence, then you ask for arabic writing, go to google and type it out on a keyboard with a lot of effort, and get the google translation. Lol. Mate, is that Classical Arabic to do google translate? I am not going to tell you what anything means. As long as you pretend, courtesy is not extended. No way.

Now tell me. Your google returned "Gold" as meaning for zahab right? What other meanings are there for that word? You know how to google. You can do it.

Here's a challenge for you. Find translations where "wa idrubu hunna" does not mean "and beat (or synonyms thereof) them".

I already showed the 7 from corpus.quran.com.

Your deflections are just plain stupid.

firedragon

Veteran Member
We still don't know why you posted that transliterated phrase, and I guess we never will.

A tad bit of humility will help anyone a lot. Pretence is dishonesty. But sometimes, you can never expect anything better from some people.

I tried to demonstrate that you are learning from hate sites pretending you know what you are talking about. And dont say things like "we", because there is no "we" for you since no one in this thread so far has been in your group.

Ill ask you something else.

You claimed that Darab means as you said "Idrubu comes from ضرب, and of course that means hit/beat/strike/smack.". Well. I gave you a sentence where it means absolutely something else. But an expert in Classical Arabic like you should know. Strange isn't it?

Ill give you another one. You said Idrubu means hit/beat/strike/smak right? :) Tell me what it means in the Quran verse 13:17. Im giving you the reference because you can do your research online.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
Here's a challenge for you. Find translations where "wa idrubu hunna" does not mean "and beat (or synonyms thereof) them".

I already showed the 7 from corpus.quran.com.

Your deflections are just plain stupid.

Looool. Show me one single example where its used as anything other than faalun laaziman in tense. There is no "7 examples" in the Quran. There is only one. Keep going. Keep going.

Tell me. Is wa idrubu hunna (the way you spelt it) is it used as falla lazim or muthaaddun?

stevecanuck

A tad bit of humility will help anyone a lot. Pretence is dishonesty.

What pretense?

But sometimes, you can never expect anything better from some people.

I tried to demonstrate that you are learning from hate sites pretending you know what you are talking about. And dont say things like "we", because there is no "we" for you since no one in this thread so far has been in your group.

corpus.quran.com is a hate site? Wow, you're just throwing crap at the wall hoping some of it sticks.

Ill ask you something else.

You claimed that Darab means as you said "Idrubu comes from ضرب, and of course that means hit/beat/strike/smack.". Well. I gave you a sentence where it means absolutely something else. But an expert in Classical Arabic like you should know. Strange isn't it?

Thank you so much for displaying your utter ignorance of Arabic.

Darab begins with the letter ض, but the phrase you gave begins with ذ.

What a joke! Your credibility just went to zero.

Ill give you another one. You said Idrubu means hit/beat/strike/smak right? :) Tell me what it means in the Quran verse 13:17. Im giving you the reference because you can do your research online.

Again, wow! The stink of desperation is all over you. Look up the meaning of "context", and get back to us. As Arberry translates it (from the "hate site" corpus.quran.com), "God strikes his similitudes".

You are dismissed.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Darab begins with the letter ض, but the phrase you gave begins with ذ.

Haha. Can you see the Saadh in the sentence. I forgot to ad a nokth. Found an opportunity? You want me to upload again? No problem.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 8.39.29 AM copy.png

firedragon

Veteran Member
Again, wow! The stink of desperation is all over you. Look up the meaning of "context", and get back to us. As Arberry translates it (from the "hate site" corpus.quran.com), "God strikes his similitudes".

Here you go. From Corpus Quran. Open your intentionally closed eyes.

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 6.23.16 PM.png

firedragon

Veteran Member
Context, my friend, context.

Exactly. So learn to apply context.

See, being a cut and paste artist who cut and pasted a whole lot of translations earlier, why did you only pick up the last one right at the bottom? Did you miss the ones on the top? Haha.

Sahih International: He sends down from the sky, rain, and valleys flow according to their capacity, and the torrent carries a rising foam. And from that [ore] which they heat in the fire, desiring adornments and utensils, is a foam like it. Thus Allah presents [the example of] truth and falsehood. As for the foam, it vanishes, [being] cast off; but as for that which benefits the people, it remains on the earth. Thus does Allah present examples.

Pickthall: He sendeth down water from the sky, so that valleys flow according to their measure, and the flood beareth (on its surface) swelling foam - from that which they smelt in the fire in order to make ornaments and tools riseth a foam like unto it - thus Allah coineth (the similitude of) the true and the false. Then, as for the foam, it passeth away as scum upon the banks, while, as for that which is of use to mankind, it remaineth in the earth. Thus Allah coineth the similitudes.

Yusuf Ali: He sends down water from the skies, and the channels flow, each according to its measure: But the torrent bears away to foam that mounts up to the surface. Even so, from that (ore) which they heat in the fire, to make ornaments or utensils therewith, there is a scum likewise. Thus doth Allah (by parables) show forth Truth and Vanity. For the scum disappears like forth cast out; while that which is for the good of mankind remains on the earth. Thus doth Allah set forth parables.

Shakir: He sends down water from the cloud, then watercourses flow (with water) according to their measure, and the torrent bears along the swelling foam, and from what they melt in the fire for the sake of making ornaments or apparatus arises a scum like it; thus does Allah compare truth and falsehood; then as for the scum, it passes away as a worthless thing; and as for that which profits the people, it tarries in the earth; thus does Allah set forth parables.

Muhammad Sarwar: When God sends down water from the sky and floods run through the valleys, certain quantities of foam rise on the surface of the flood water. This is similar to that foam which rises when you expose something to the heat of a fire to manufacture ornaments or for other reasons. To God Truth and falsehood are like these examples. The foam disappears but what is profitable to the human being stays in the land. Thus, does God coin His parables.

Mohsin Khan: He sends down water (rain) from the sky, and the valleys flow according to their measure, but the flood bears away the foam that mounts up to the surface, and (also) from that (ore) which they heat in the fire in order to make ornaments or utensils, rises a foam like unto it, thus does Allah (by parables) show forth truth and falsehood. Then, as for the foam it passes away as scum upon the banks, while that which is for the good of mankind remains in the earth. Thus Allah sets forth parables (for the truth and falsehood, i.e. Belief and disbelief).

Arberry: He sends down out of heaven water, and the wadis flow each in its measure, and the torrent carries a swelling scum; and out of that over which they kindle fire, being desirous of ornament or ware, out of that rises a scum the like of it. So God strikes both the true and the false. As for the scum, it vanishes as jetsam, and what profits men abides in the earth. Even so God strikes His similitudes.

stevecanuck

Lol. Its Darab, Darb, or Daraba? :)

Mate. You didnt answer. If you dont know the answer just say so. Let me cut and paste the question again.

"When you say "Darb" can you tell me what that means? The way you pronounced it, its no more a root word. Thus, What does "Darb" mean in the language of the Quran? You spelled it out so you should know."

Sure.

View attachment 52440

Just for clarity, enter the word gold in google translate English to Arabic. You will get ذهب

Also, that's the word I learned when I lived in Egypt. My wife used it a lot.

stevecanuck

That's what I assumed she was talking about. After all, going back in the thread, she was responding to something that was talking about whether women's testimony was worth as much as a man's. I thought the implication was clear that the context of equality was cognitive. If I was mistaken, then hopefully my post was still at least interesting for some.

I haven't read the exchange between you and firedragon, but given the topic, have you seen this:

Sahih al-Bukhari 304 - Menstrual Periods - كتاب الحيض - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

From the hadith: "What is deficient in our [women's] intelligence and religion?" He [Mohamed] said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence."

firedragon

Veteran Member
Just for clarity, enter the word gold in google translate English to Arabic. You will get ذهب

Also, that's the word I learned when I lived in Egypt. My wife used it a lot.

Just for clarity It means Gold but also means to go, and "similar", Zahuba with a dhamma. Generally experts like you should not be using google translate.

And again, you are focusing on the wrong word. ITs the last word in the sentence. So shift your focus to the "LAST WORD". The third word. Lol. Its the 3rd or 4th time Im telling you. Somethings wrong mate.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
I haven't read the exchange between you and firedragon, but given the topic, have you seen this:

Sahih al-Bukhari 304 - Menstrual Periods - كتاب الحيض - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

From the hadith: "What is deficient in our [women's] intelligence and religion?" He [Mohamed] said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence."

Oh so you're a hadith believer? I didnt know that. Do you only blind believe this hadith or all of the other ahadith? Whats the relevance to all the bogus claims you had about arabic words you didnt understand the kindergarten basics of?

Why have you not answered a single question in all of the exchanges although you pretended like you were an arabic expert making bogus claims now trying to drag decent people into your pit? ;)

There are some people who deserve respect even if we disagree but not those who make things up and and brings up a hadith on some saying irrelevant just to try and "mime and gather cavalry". ;)

stevecanuck

Just for clarity It means Gold but also means to go, and "similar", Zahuba with a dhamma. Generally experts like you should not be using google translate.

I knew it was 'gold' before I used google. I didn't know it meant 'go' as well. So what?

And again, you are focusing on the wrong word. ITs the last word in the sentence. So shift your focus to the "LAST WORD". The third word. Lol. Its the 3rd or 4th time Im telling you. Somethings wrong mate.

Yes, something's wrong. You won't tell me what it means - you won't tell me where it comes from - you won't tell me why you're bringing it up. That's what's wrong.

stevecanuck

Oh so you're a hadith believer?

Strawman.

I didnt know that. Do you only blind believe this hadith or all of the other ahadith?

Strawman

Whats the relevance to all the bogus claims you had about arabic words you didnt understand the kindergarten basics of?

Ad hominem.

Why have you not answered a single question in all of the exchanges although you pretended like you were an arabic expert making bogus claims now trying to drag decent people into your pit? ;)

Strawman and ad hominem.

There are some people who deserve respect even if we disagree but not those who make things up and and brings up a hadith on some saying irrelevant just to try and "mime and gather cavalry". ;)

Ad hominem.

That pretty much sums up all your posts.