• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it just me, or..

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
..does it seem like those who tend to disrespect and mistreat women also tend to have better success with women?

In the short run, maybe. Women who don't pay attention close enough fall for men who look on the surface to be assertive and confident. Those who DO pay attention see pretty quickly if those are really traits of extreme narcissism.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Speaking for myself, I have always been respectful to women. And before I was married, was quite successful with the ladies I pursued.;)

Onkara

It is a common impression. Don't be mislead, there are women who like kind, gentle and studious/intellectual men. But don't mistake "kind and gentle" to mean submissive and absent minded. I think everyone likes someone who can make decisions and be a friend and partner too.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Unfortunately, there are a lot of women who don't pay attention.

That is true. I wonder how much of it stems from the kind of cultural conditioning that assumes that women ought to be sexually available for men on men's own terms. Or that it is thought to be unattractive to be "picky." So too many women dysfunctionally swing the pendulum in the opposite direction and allow themselves to be doormats.

Onkara

That is true. I wonder how much of it stems from the kind of cultural conditioning that assumes that women ought to be sexually available for men on men's own terms. Or that it is thought to be unattractive to be "picky." So too many women dysfunctionally swing the pendulum in the opposite direction and allow themselves to be doormats.
My impression that it is normally a by product of entering into a relationship with the type of person who thinks first about themselves. That is taken as confidence and masculinity at first. That self interested and egoism isn't always apparent when entering a relationship, the sexual attraction is, it isn't until a few months in then the fun turns to inconsideration and she ends up as a doormat.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
My impression that it is normally a by product of entering into a relationship with the type of person who thinks first about themselves. That is taken as confidence and masculinity at first. That self interested and egoism isn't always apparent when entering a relationship, the sexual attraction is, it isn't until a few months in then the fun turns to inconsideration and she ends up as a doormat.

You just described perfectly my first marriage. :cover:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
..does it seem like those who tend to disrespect and mistreat women also tend to have better success with women?

I think there are two major components to this, or why this is perceived:

1) Women, in general, give high value to confidence and perceived social worth in men. Many people tend to perceive men with these traits as less nice, or more disrespectful - and sometimes this may be true.

2) "Nice" guys tend to overestimate how nice they actually are, and also tend to misinterpret their own passiveness or submissiveness as being "nice" or "respectful."

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

They may have better success with a certain type of woman or women in a certain mind frame that she may grow out of. But not all women.

And I also believe it goes the other way around.Some women who are disrespecftul and mistreat a certain type of man may have better luck with that particlular man than a woman who is easier to get along with.

Then you also have the 3rd option..You may have both the man and the woman being disrepectful and mistreating each other at the same time are attracted to each other.

I think I just confused myself..:sad4:

Love

Dallas

Mr Cheese

treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen......as we say in England

Really it depends on the woman.
Some women are whores, some arent
or as my girl friend says...some women are eve and some are lillith

If you seek a woman who thinks with her groin (good fun for us guys)then go get one
She will probably like to be treated mean, lives for the adventure.... but as they say in blaxploitation films and rap music..... its difficult to make a ho into a housewife

So if you want to settle down....the lillith isnt all that great. Although you may be happy, with no children, or an irresponsible parent, a house that is never quite clean.... alcohol and substance abuse most likely....but then if she doesnt leave you or cheat on you...you'll probably have fantastic sex....

On the other hand the eve is much more of a house wife. But as we see with politicians...it is often the quiet ones we find bound in rubber, dressed up in french maid costumes.....these women generally demand respect...and see men as more than a walking penis and wallet.

The choice is yours

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen......as we say in England

Really it depends on the woman.
Some women are whores, some arent
or as my girl friend says...some women are eve and some are lillith

If you seek a woman who thinks with her groin (good fun for us guys)then go get one
She will probably like to be treated mean, lives for the adventure.... but as they say in blaxploitation films and rap music..... its difficult to make a ho into a housewife

So if you want to settle down....the lillith isnt all that great. Although you may be happy, with no children, or an irresponsible parent, a house that is never quite clean.... alcohol and substance abuse most likely....but then if she doesnt leave you or cheat on you...you'll probably have fantastic sex....

On the other hand the eve is much more of a house wife. But as we see with politicians...it is often the quiet ones we find bound in rubber, dressed up in french maid costumes.....these women generally demand respect...and see men as more than a walking penis and wallet.

The choice is yours

You just confused me even more..:sad4:

Love

Dallas

Just_me_Mike

I have a problem with the question. Define success with a women? Having sex, getting laid, hot-dog in the bun, etc... Is that what you are referring to?

Or lasting loving relationships?

It seems to me, often times you get the quality of relationship equal to the time and attention you put into selecting your partner.

Erebus

Because women know deep down that they were created to serve men...

just kidding (before somebody removes my testicles)

It often seems that the arrogant/aggressive/selfish guys have more success with girls, but from what I've seen they only really have more success getting girls into bed. I don't know why, but it's definitely true that when you act in a cocky, disrespectful manner, more girls will be attracted to you, but they will never respect you. It all boils down to what you value the most really.

Oh yes and a little advice for the ladies... Go for the loud and charismatic guy for a night of sex or go to his quiet friend for a relationship. It's a pretty good rule of thumb.

Just_me_Mike

I don't know why, but it's definitely true that when you act in a cocky, disrespectful manner, more girls will be attracted to you, but they will never respect you.
Actually I have a theory. In many cases, a woman is so blind sided by what is happening from guys like this they end up in bed without and real thought of it. I think it has little to do with physical attraction often times.

Of course alcohol completely changes the situation, than it is a mild form of rape IMO. Girls have to make decisions so quickly and from such aggressive men sometimes, they get confused and just go with the flow. Guys know this and hope and prey for this often times, which is why I equate it with a mild form of rape.

Sadly in our day and age, this type of behavior has become so common place, people don't pay much attention to it :shrug:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Go for the loud and charismatic guy for a night of sex or go to his quiet friend for a relationship. It's a pretty good rule of thumb.

But just because a guy is more on the quiet side and wants a relationship other than sex doesnt mean he doesnt LOVE sex and can be great in bed.

If you ask me its more likely that the 'sensitive" guy ..the respectful guy is more likely in fact to be concerend with the woman in bed as well. :flirt: In regards to her pleasure specifically..

Love

Dallas

(its the quiet ones with the loud music inside..:D)

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

Actually I have a theory. In many cases, a woman is so blind sided by what is happening from guys like this they end up in bed without and real thought of it. I think it has little to do with physical attraction often times.

Of course alcohol completely changes the situation, than it is a mild form of rape IMO. Girls have to make decisions so quickly and from such aggressive men sometimes, they get confused and just go with the flow. Guys know this and hope and prey for this often times, which is why I equate it with a mild form of rape.

Sadly in our day and age, this type of behavior has become so common place, people don't pay much attention to it :shrug:

rape?

oh please....

:sarcastic next you'll be saying those women that go out, get intoxicated
find a man..are commiting rape....albeit a mild form

:facepalm: