• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Donald Trump The Greatest POTUS Of All Time?

Underhill

I think Trump meant that under Obama's watch the politically correct term became people saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

What it led to was there is no compromise of saying one but not the other.

At first, liberals wanted to recognize all peoples holidays such as Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice and the newly minted secular HumanLight in the name of political correctness. This was fine. And both greetings were fine for a time.

Next, came the atheists who wanted to take Merry Christmas away saying they wanted Merry Xmas. They wanted to take the Christ out of Christmas. They did this and ended up vandalizing Nativity scenes. My own city's and next door town's had their Nativity scenes vandalized. Hundreds of dollars worth or destruction and a less than Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday for the believers. Locals who used to put up Nativity scenes in their yard and house started not to do so anymore. This is one of the small things that became a big deal.

Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas: The Last Thing That Ever Needs To Be Said About It | HuffPost

War on Christmas
Christmas controversies - Wikipedia

Atheist 'skip church' Christmas billboards: Offensive free speech?

Christmas and Atheism

How the Atheists Stole Christmas
Who Are the New Go-To Movie Villains? How About Atheists? | TIME.com

What a crock of poop.

People have been *****ing about this "issue" since I was in elementary school in the 80's. It was nonsense then and it is nonsense now.

Underhill

Aware posters knew that the point was that he's new to the presidency (not to the world).

Which is just one of many reasons the guy is completely unfit for office...

I love that this is now a Republican talking point. "He has never been a politician, so some incompetence is to be expected." Like they didn't trash Obama constantly and consistently for what, in hindsight, were minor gaffs due to his inexperience.

Underhill

No, actually you have not.
You make vague references to it. But you never really say what you think she did that was worse than Trump.
Tom

He simply believes Hillary is worse thanks to pant suits and her attitude towards the middle east.

This is ironic since Trump is worse in every way, including his fashion sense.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He simply believes Hillary is worse thanks to pant suits and her attitude towards the middle east.

This is ironic since Trump is worse in every way, including his fashion sense.
Even though I mock her pantsuits, I think they're practical & appropriate.
I recall that one was even colorful.
Trump's wardrobe seems uninspired.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You cannot be serious.
As one who has planned major business changes, I know that flexibility in planning & scheudling is useful.
As is oft said....
Man makes plans, & God laughs.

I can only hope that intelligence & wisdom lies behind Trump's travel ban.

Underhill

As one who has planned major business changes, I know that flexibility in planning & scheudling is useful.
As is oft said....

Hope and a dollar might buy you a senior coffee at McDonalds...

Regolith Based Lifeforms

Early Earth Was Not Sterile
Slightly off topic.....
I favor higher fuel taxes.
It's the free market way to curb comsumption, as opposed to regulation.
It WILL NOT curb consumption because people are too ignorant now to know they need to breathe. ONLY physical death or heavy regulation COUPLED with HIGH PRICES will curb our voracious consumerism. Consumerism is what defines us as the greatest nation on Earth now and that needs to STOP.
America needs to STOP
The human race needs to STOP And BACK UP!

james bond

th
SCOTUS Lifts Most of Travel Ban

th

Live Coverage from CBS News

Arguments to be heard in the fall.

Merry Christmas!

While there was another riot in Londonistan :rage:

james bond

"Target and kill the relatives of terrorists." You think that sounds good? To kill people because of who their relatives are? What if we had executed every person who was related to Timothy McVeigh? All people have rights.

"Heavily surveil mosques in the United States. Trump has said he's open to the idea of closing some mosques." Isn't that against The First Amendment? How about we just keep a good eye on people who express terrorist beliefs? What about the non-Islamic terrorists out there?

"Bring back waterboarding, which the Obama administration considers torture. Trump has said he's willing to use interrogation techniques that go even further than waterboarding. Even if such tactics don't work, "they deserve it anyway, for what they're doing." If these people are Americans this violates The Eighth Amendment, and I'm sure there is something about this in The Universal Human Rights Declaration.

"Rebuild the country's aging infrastructure -- especially bridges and airports that look like they belong in a third-world country -- for one-third of what the United States is currently paying for such projects." Thumbs up! But of course I'm a liberal who thinks FDR was our greatest President, because of all he did to end the Great Depression and help Americas poor. He created public works projects that made our country better and put people back to work.

"Build a wall along the southern border that's taller than the arenas where Trump holds his rallies, taller than any ladder and one foot taller than the Great Wall of China. This "artistically beautiful" wall will be constructed out of hardened concrete, rebar and steel, and it will be "the greatest wall that you've ever seen" -- so great that the nation will likely one day name it "The Trump Wall." Thumbs up! How can we secure every America a decent standard of living when we are expected to provide for illegal immigrants? But of course I'm a liberal who believes in giving amnesty to non-criminal illegal immigrants now living here.

"Leave troops in Afghanistan because it's such "a mess." Protect Israel. And increase U.S. military presence in the East and South China Seas." Thumbs up! If that means promoting Democracy, I think everyone has the right to live in a Democratic country.

"Stop spending money on space exploration until the United States can fix its potholes. Encourage private space-exploration companies to expand." Thumbs up! We need to worry about our world first. Yes I am a liberal with environmentalist beliefs, but I'm more concerned with making sure everyone has access to healthcare and life necessities.

"Make medical marijuana widely available to patients, and allow states to decide if they want to fully legalize pot or not." Thumbs up! I feel the same way about gay marriage and abortion, it will make things less controversial if we let each state do what they want.

"Knock down the regulatory walls between states for health insurance, making plans available nationally instead of regionally." Are you for national healthcare? I am, but with the free market involved. Mitt Romney had a plan that worked well in his home state MA. That was having private companies that were subsidized by the state government to basically insure the poor and letting people pay more for more insurance if they decided to buy more.

I do hope Trump backs faith and community based initiatives, because as a Secular Humanist I believe in charity and that nothing will ever be more beautiful than what is done altruistically (out of the good heart).

>>I do hope Trump backs faith and community based initiatives, because as a Secular Humanist I believe in charity and that nothing will ever be more beautiful than what is done altruistically (out of the good heart).<<

We need the context. Some of it we agree on. The big thing we do not agree on is secular humanism. More on that below.

Much of it emanates from illegal alliens who came into the USA unimpeded under Obama. We do not want them to take away jobs in a down economy and make American citizens second class. We do not need illegals to have the right to vote. If black lives matter (not the hate/terrorist group BLM), then they should be able to get jobs instead of the Muslims. Under DJT, black employment is at all time high. Contrast that to what the black president did.. We saw all of this and I experienced part of it first hand. I have an advanced degree, but couldn't get the jobs I wanted because they went to foreign students. After enough times, one can figure out what is happening. For example, I wasn't in favor of a wall if it was terrorists that we wanted to keep out. However, a wall in order to make the border safer for guards to monitor makes sense. We will be able to document those who come in and what is coming in. It's no secret why we are safer in the US under Trump than what's happening in Europe.

What atheism provides is an abstraction, i.e. something entirely different in order to cover for what is truly coming and that is Communism. Secular humanism is such a group. It's an atheist cult. You know it covers topics such as utopia, a so-called understanding of science and technology (not accurate), and some kind of social gradeur which may or may not be fulfilling.

The flip side is McCarthyism. We have the nuts who see Communism everywhere and everything like during the 50s. It became a very real ideology because of secular humanism cult groups and the fear of how communism could permeate our US society. We do not want to go through that period again, yet, here we are talking about Russians and infiltration into our highest levels of government today.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
>>I do hope Trump backs faith and community based initiatives, because as a Secular Humanist I believe in charity and that nothing will ever be more beautiful than what is done altruistically (out of the good heart).<<

We need the context. Some of it we agree on. The big thing we do not agree on is secular humanism. More on that below.

Much of it emanates from illegal alliens who came into the USA unimpeded under Obama. We do not want them to take away jobs in a down economy and make American citizens second class. We do not need illegals to have the right to vote. If black lives matter (not the hate/terrorist group BLM), then they should be able to get jobs instead of the Muslims. Under DJT, black employment is at all time high. Contrast that to what the black president did.. We saw all of this and I experienced part of it first hand. I have an advanced degree, but couldn't get the jobs I wanted because they went to foreign students. After enough times, one can figure out what is happening. For example, I wasn't in favor of a wall if it was terrorists that we wanted to keep out. However, a wall in order to make the border safer for guards to monitor makes sense. We will be able to document those who come in and what is coming in. It's no secret why we are safer in the US under Trump than what's happening in Europe.

What atheism provides is an abstraction, i.e. something entirely different in order to cover for what is truly coming and that is Communism. Secular humanism is such a group. It's an atheist cult. You know it covers topics such as utopia, a so-called understanding of science and technology (not accurate), and some kind of social gradeur which may or may not be fulfilling.

The flip side is McCarthyism. We have the nuts who see Communism everywhere and everything like during the 50s. It became a very real ideology because of secular humanism cult groups and the fear of how communism could permeate our US society. We do not want to go through that period again, yet, here we are talking about Russians and infiltration into our highest levels of government today.
Fool!
Atheism provides nothing.
And it especially doesn't provide communism.
Why would being godless mean we want to live under an authoritarian
government which takes the fruits of our labors to give to someone else?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The seven deadly sins aren't in the Bible. What's in the Bible are,

"“There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers” (Proverbs 6:16-19)."

Reminds me of Obama and then Hillary Clinton backed by Bill and supporters during the election.
Oh? The sins are not in the Bible?
seven-deadly-sins-infographic.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Fool!
Atheism provides nothing.
And it especially doesn't provide communism.
Why would being godless mean we want to live under an authoritarian
government which takes the fruits of our labors to give to someone else?
If there's anyone who will defend atheism against the assumption it's a left-wing only phenomenon, it's you @Revoltingest :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Slightly off topic.....
I favor higher fuel taxes.
It's the free market way to curb comsumption, as opposed to regulation.
Miracles can happen - I agree with you. I much prefer market mechanisms to drive positive behavior.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As is oft said....

An atheist referring to God. There's hope for you yet.