• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Donald Trump sincere?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If Hillary Clinton didn't put him up to that — if emails planning Trump's candidacy weren't on the server she wiped clean — she really missed out on a Machiavellian way to sabotage the GOP.

I would not be surprised if Mrs Machiavelli wasn't Trump's biggest supporter.
In a dark sort of way, like these things are usually done.
Tom

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
No way would he be taking the heat in the kitchen from the "establishment" and not be sincere. He may not get the nomination, but I feel he is in the top spot for now among the middle class and working blue collar white communities who see him as a Nationalist, who sees the con games in some of this "free trade" narrative (he is not much of a libertarian), he doesn't like the "open borders" elite such as Graham or others, he is truthful about crime and illegal aliens, there is a lot to like about him among the "base" especially considering that you would think he would be a big capitalist type and greedy for cheap labor.

So he is an anomaly.

He is connecting with the middle class right-wing that hates Obama. I also hate Obama, now, increasingly so.

The thing about Trump attraction is this has NOTHING to do with "Christian morality" wing (social conservatives). The nationalist right-wing is not Christian centric, nor is the right-wing middle class, a lot of fools who do not understand America do not get this. This has nothing to do with Ku Klux Klan Christian stuff, this is "tough guy" nationalism and not anything like what some try to spin.

Personally, I like him. I was mad at him on his stance regarding calling folks "stupid" for insulting Islam (the free speech movement), but I've gotten over that and now sort of see his point that it might be possible to bring "some" Islamists into the Nationalist wing.

He is a Nationalist. That is a totally different thing, it is growing. He is probably number One right now, I am telling you he is drawing huge crowds. Just another sign, when the "gun smoke" clears and the dust settles, it WON''T be Jeb. The RNC establishment is horrified by Trump. That only helps him.

He is a tough, serious guy.

I am cancelling my Macy's card by the way after I get back from Canada.

Oddly, I haven't been solicited for any money yet from Trump 2016. Maybe they think I am not on their team. But I definetly want their team in the game, so I may reach out to them than them to me.

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

I think that it would have been political suicide for Hillary to knowingly use Trump to sabotage the GOP. It would be impossible to contain the conspiracy, even if it took two or more years to come out, and the blowback would follow her the rest of her career.

For one thing, Hillary doesn't need any help to win. Trump's sideshow is just icing on the cake.

I think that Trump is sincere. He's surrounded by people that love, worship, and fear him, so he's getting only the advice that he wants to hear, and he's arrogantly just doing whatever he wants.

In my opinion, Trump is like Palin. He's hilariously, comically stupid (at least in politics, civics, and philosophy) - so when he opens his mouth, he's going to say something stupid. And the really funny thing is he's not truly as stupid as Palin.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If Hillary Clinton didn't put him up to that — if emails planning Trump's candidacy weren't on the server she wiped clean — she really missed out on a Machiavellian way to sabotage the GOP.

I would not be surprised if Mrs Machiavelli wasn't Trump's biggest supporter.
In a dark sort of way, like these things are usually done.
Tom
Hillary, like most in the GOP and Dem party, probably sees Trump as a whiny billionaire who is no real serious contender, as he does this time-and-time again, but he gets nothing from it but publicity.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
No way would he be taking the heat in the kitchen from the "establishment" and not be sincere. He may not get the nomination, but I feel he is in the top spot for now among the middle class and working blue collar white communities who see him as a Nationalist, who sees the con games in some of this "free trade" narrative (he is not much of a libertarian), he doesn't like the "open borders" elite such as Graham or others, he is truthful about crime and illegal aliens, there is a lot to like about him among the "base" especially considering that you would think he would be a big capitalist type and greedy for cheap labor.

So he is an anomaly.

He is connecting with the middle class right-wing that hates Obama. I also hate Obama, now, increasingly so.

The thing about Trump attraction is this has NOTHING to do with "Christian morality" wing (social conservatives). The nationalist right-wing is not Christian centric, nor is the right-wing middle class, a lot of fools who do not understand America do not get this. This has nothing to do with Ku Klux Klan Christian stuff, this is "tough guy" nationalism and not anything like what some try to spin.

Personally, I like him. I was mad at him on his stance regarding calling folks "stupid" for insulting Islam (the free speech movement), but I've gotten over that and now sort of see his point that it might be possible to bring "some" Islamists into the Nationalist wing.

He is a Nationalist. That is a totally different thing, it is growing. He is probably number One right now, I am telling you he is drawing huge crowds. Just another sign, when the "gun smoke" clears and the dust settles, it WON''T be Jeb. The RNC establishment is horrified by Trump. That only helps him.

He is a tough, serious guy.

I am cancelling my Macy's card by the way after I get back from Canada.

I did some research on him and he has definitely flip flopped on some major points. He is definitely playing up to the right wing of the Republican party but that is not enough to win and I think he is smart enough to know that but might be enough to fracture the party. My only question is what is he going to get from fracturing the party.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I think that it would have been political suicide for Hillary to knowingly use Trump to sabotage the GOP. It would be impossible to contain the conspiracy, even if it took two or more years to come out, and the blowback would follow her the rest of her career.

For one thing, Hillary doesn't need any help to win. Trump's sideshow is just icing on the cake.

I think that Trump is sincere. He's surrounded by people that love, worship, and fear him, so he's getting only the advice that he wants to hear, and he's arrogantly just doing whatever he wants.

In my opinion, Trump is like Palin. He's hilariously, comically stupid (at least in politics, civics, and philosophy) - so when he opens his mouth, he's going to say something stupid. And the really funny thing is he's not truly as stupid as Palin.

I don't think Hillary has anything to do with it either. I do think Trump has some thing in the works other than just a presidential run.

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't think Hillary has anything to do with it either. I do think Trump has some thing in the works other than just a presidential run.
I agree that's reasonable, but it seems to me that he's actually expressing his views - he appears to really care about what he's doing.

But maybe he has Palin's success in mind.... he makes a complete *** out of himself and becomes a FOX lackey.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I agree that's reasonable, but it seems to me that he's actually expressing his views - he appears to really care about what he's doing.

But maybe he has Palin's success in mind.... he makes a complete *** out of himself and becomes a FOX lackey.

If you read up on Trump he come's across as a moderate Republican. He hated it when Obama took the White House and I don't think he really likes Hillary. Is it possible he see's the Right wing Republicans and tea party as a problem and this is his way of ridding it from the Republican Party. I don't remember him supporting major Tea Party candidates.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
This is about the overthrow of the Rep establishment. Trump and others can SMELL it. Some of you have no idea what is going on here. A new dawn, force, is going to attempt the coupe. This IS about power, and no joke. And strongmen are back.

It is only a question of who... the Rand wing or the Nationalist wing. It is still to be seen. But the death of the Rep estab is coming.

Any Rep will beat Hillary.

Ha ha... Hillary has already lost. Some of you are delusional. It is just like before the big Rep gains just the last cycle, I was right and the delusional were so wrong it wasn't even funny. Who wants to bet? This is really funny.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Rand vs Nationalist wings? Really?

It feels like a championship for misery.

In any case, I think Trump is sincere, but I'm not sure someone with so little reason to control his impulses would necessarily not be trolling at the same time.

Why would a self-publicist, with an enormous ego and an overinflated sense of his self-worth, and who loves nothing more than the sound of is own voice do something that keeps him in the public eye?

No idea...

Curious George

Veteran Member
I was already wondering about this and then I came across this article. In it, it says Donald Trump is just trolling the Republican Party. Why would he want to be president?

What do you think?

How Donald Trump is trolling the Republican Party - Vox
The article reads like an attempt to undermine trump to the conservatives supporting him. A sensationalist piece, that hints at liberal conspiracy. (Hillary's deleted email, association with other left/right polarized issues)

Sure trump might be trolling, but I doubt very much it has to do with the dems. If he is trolling, it is to serve his interest and fame.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The article reads like an attempt to undermine trump to the conservatives supporting him. A sensationalist piece, that hints at liberal conspiracy. (Hillary's deleted email, association with other left/right polarized issues)

Sure trump might be trolling, but I doubt very much it has to do with the dems. If he is trolling, it is to serve his interest and fame.
And not to mention it gave credit to Trump for "you're fired," when Vince McMahon had that as a catch phrase long before reality TV was a thing (the two, last I knew, were good friends, and to quote Vince, Trump is a "humble" person - which makes me wonder just how big of an ego Vince really has).
And there is little reason to believe Trump is trolling. It's much more likely that he wants to hog the spotlight and promote himself, and he probably does realize he will not even make it on the ballet, and why would he want to any ways because that would mean less time for promoting and dealing with his businesses. He's not trolling the GOP, he's advertising to those who support his views, IMO.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
For me Trump is more intelligent than a lot of you give credit. I am sure there is an alternative motive. We may never know though because so many play into his hands, he's not smart enough.