• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is death sentence acceptable?

Is death sentence acceptable?

• Yes

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Altfish

Veteran Member
If this is your only objection to the death penalty, then what if there were irrefutable proof with a confession of multi-murders by a known criminal without any redeemable qualities whatsoever? And what possible benefit to society was allowing Charles Manson to live and acquire a cult following?
Surely, Charles Manson would have become a martyr or whatever anyway.
I think state murder is barbaric, we are dropping to the criminals' level. The state must maintain the moral high ground.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I think state murder is barbaric, we are dropping to the criminals' level. The state must maintain the moral high ground.

You have this completely backwards, IMHO. The state must mete out justice--even to the point of ending a person's life--so that we as individuals do not drop to the criminal's level by taking vengeance or revenge into our own hands.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You have this completely backwards, IMHO. The state must mete out justice--even to the point of ending a person's life--so that we as individuals do not drop to the criminal's level by taking vengeance or revenge into our own hands.
Justice doesn't have to mean murder.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

While I oppose the death penalty, I disagree that killing the guilty who deserve it is somehow just as repugnant as killing the innocent who didn't. Killing murderers ethically questionable? Sure. Killing murderers just as unethical as killing innocents? Nah.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

How about this, what if you had the opportunity to kill ol' Charley before he murder an innocent couple and a pregnant lady? Would you let him walk?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I voted yes because I'm in New Zealand ATM and a paroled murderer killed again shortly after being released,this is not the first time this has happened,in the UK it's happened too many times so either the sentence for murder is prison till they die or execution or give the means to kill themselves.

Altfish

Veteran Member
How about this, what if you had the opportunity to kill ol' Charley before he murder an innocent couple and a pregnant lady? Would you let him walk?
Capture him, lock him up so he couldn't carry out the murders.