• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Cannabis an Essential Part of our Religions?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
In Zoroastrian texts Haoma is most likely cannabis by its descriptions of a reed based plant with aromatic flowers; that causes prophecy, and poetic writings about God.

It is highly likely that the etymology of the word cannabis stems from the Bible, Kaneh Bosem in the holy anointing oil (Exodus 30:23-24)... Thus the Greek transliteration (kannabis) possibly came from there.

In Hindu texts Soma also caused poetic writings, and divine inspiration, thus is most likely cannabis.

So a couple of questions:

• Does anyone know at what period in history was the identification of this sacred plant removed from our knowledge systematically?

• Do you perceive that to truly understand the divine inspiration in its original metaphoric contexts, that our brains need to have cannabis to think normally?

• Do you realize that within a few years of legislating medical use, we're going to get a backlash of an increasing amount of schizophrenia; unless the religions take responsibility for it being a sacred shamanic plant, that allows access to spiritual connection?

• Is cannabis essential for fighting our own inner demons, like pride, arrogance, stubbornness, ego, etc?

• Have many religions developed because of the affects of cannabis, to cause poetic metaphoric writings in the first place?

• Do you realize that a Christ is someone anointed with the holy anointing oil, that contained cannabis, and that the early church (James 5:14), plus the disciples (Mark 6:13) healed with it to begin with, and thus were called Christians because of the anointing?

In my opinion. :innocent:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
In Zoroastrian texts Haoma is most likely cannabis by its descriptions of a reed based plant with aromatic flowers; that causes prophecy, and poetic writings about God.

It is highly likely that the etymology of the word cannabis stems from the Bible, Kaneh Bosem in the holy anointing oil (Exodus 30:23-24)... Thus the Greek transliteration (kannabis) possibly came from there.

In Hindu texts Soma also caused poetic writings, and divine inspiration, thus is most likely cannabis.

• Does anyone know at what period in history was the identification of this sacred plant removed from our knowledge systematically?

• Do you perceive that to truly understand the divine inspiration in its original metaphoric contexts, that our brains need to have cannabis to think normally?

• Do you realize that within a few years of legislating medical use, we're going to get a backlash of an increasing amount of schizophrenia; unless the religions take responsibility for it being a sacred shamanic plant, that allows access to spiritual connection?

• Is cannabis essential for fighting our own inner demons, like pride, arrogance, stubbornness, ego, etc?

• Have many religions developed because of the affects of cannabis, to cause poetic metaphoric writings in the first place?

• Do you realize that a Christ is someone anointed with the holy anointing oil, that contained cannabis, and that the early church (James 5:14), plus the disciples (Mark 6:13) healed with it to begin with, and thus were called Christians because of the anointing?

Bunch of questions, but let's go slowly. Why assume Soma is cannabis?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

A question in return: are you ever going to give up using loaded questions?

The fact that many - the vast majority, actually - of religions don't incorporate cannabis should be enough to tell you thay it isn't essential.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

I was told that Patanjali (Indian sacred text) explains that certain herbal plants can be useful on the spiritual path. But he gives a clear warning that their use is much more karmic than the slower and safer ways like: sense-control, devotion [praying, repeating God's name, reading scriptures] etc.

And karma is not something mystical. Step on a banana peel and fall is karma. Some plants open certain blocks, but also induce vomiting [if you don't like this type of karma, don't do it]. I went to some ceremonies where they used plants. There were strict diet rules and no sex, drugs, alcohol, tobacco etc (1 week before and 1 week after). I followed them strict (did 2 week fasting before and after), and had no karmic negative effect whatsoever [except maybe a little karmic hungry;)]. Only the positive karma I received from God.

Most people didn't take the rules very serious. They ended up vomiting a lot. Didn't have any spiritual revelations.

So it all has to do with your intentions. Whatever I do, I offer it to God. If God gives you the feeling "don't do it", then don't do it. I think it is that simple.

Follow your conscience. Your conscience will tell you what to do. Trust your own connection with the divine. Most important "Don't judge what others do, don't ask others what to do. Best ask God what to do". But as the saying goes "Even beware to ask God, because He can give you anything, but maybe you won't like it". More safe is to be grateful and thank God for all He provides.

wizanda

Premium Member
Nope.

/thread
So much for a holy anointed people... :rolleyes:
Considering listed a few Vinayakas/Asuras, that are easier to overcome within us by internal reflection... Your answer proves the opposite.
are you ever going to give up using loaded questions?
Whilst alive don't know how not to try and help people, through making them question.
The fact that many - the vast majority, actually - of religions don't incorporate cannabis should be enough to tell you thay it isn't essential.
That isn't correct in the slightest, it is the opposite; we can show cannabis usage in most ancient religions... Taoist, Shinto, Rasta, American Indian, Hindu, Christian, Israelite, Sikh, Islam, Druid, etc.

It is only since it was removed from history, that modern religions have perceived to go against it...

Which is why now ask the question, do we need to return this spiritual standard before we realize it is a sacred herb, that allows communication with the metaphysical realms.
Why assume Soma is cannabis?
Because of its descriptions, its affects from having it, its correlation with other major religions of that time period that also all had it as a sacred herb, its continued usage in Sikhism (Nihang), and by Hindus in the form of Bhang... It appears to be the most logical conclusion based on the data.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Whilst alive don't know how not to try and help people, through making them question.
You weren't making anyone question; you were just handing them your own conclusions.

That isn't correct in the slightest, it is the opposite; we can show cannabis usage in most ancient religions... Taoist, Shinto, Rasta, American Indian, Hindu, Christian, Israelite, Sikh, Islam, Druid, etc.

It is only since it was removed from history, that modern religions have perceived to go against it...
Even if this was true - and I certainly wouldn't blindly accept your word that it was - it's irrelevant. "This religion doesn't use cannabis, but it used to" still implies "this religion doesn't use cannabis."

wizanda

Premium Member
Most people didn't take the rules very serious. They ended up vomiting a lot. Didn't have any spiritual revelations.
Exactly my point with the thread, they've made cannabis illegal, when it should be regal; it is a gift from Shiva for us to attain internal reflection, and heal many illnesses...

Yet it can't be taken lightly, it isn't just some drug to get high on, as it causes an opening of psyche into the spiritual realms; so if we're not doing in holy in ceremony, then it can easily mislead people to darker vibrations.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
You weren't making anyone question
To the wise a single word can be enlightening; whereas a million words to the foolish won't teach them anything.
"This religion doesn't use cannabis, but it used to" still implies "this religion doesn't use cannabis."
Valid point; according to these religious texts that first listed, we go through different ages (Zoroastrian, Hindu, Hebraic); we're currently in an age of ungodliness, where people have forgotten the spiritual principles that used to exist.

The text says everyone who doesn't agree is to be removed, so the idea they no longer follow these things is all prophesied; just thought it was an interesting question to see if people are that determined to be antichrist (anti-anointed), when given the understanding, will they still go against it.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Nope.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To the wise a single word can be enlightening; whereas a million words to the foolish won't teach them anything.

Valid point; according to these religious texts that first listed, we go through different ages (Zoroastrian, Hindu, Hebraic); we're currently in an age of ungodliness, where people have forgotten the spiritual principles that used to exist.

The text says everyone who doesn't agree is to be removed, so the idea they no longer follow these things is all prophesied; just thought it was an interesting question to see if people are that determined to be antichrist (anti-anointed), when given the understanding, will they still go against it.

Please stop talking and remove us. Will much appreciate it. Thank you.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

I think you're doing a good job of illustrating that religious texts often function as an echo chamber. Take any opinion, stick it into the Bible, pull it out, and it's magically endorsed by God.

You want to smoke pot, so your god wants you to smoke pot. Someone else sees getting high as wrong, so their god thinks getting high is wrong.

stvdv

Is cannabis essential for fighting our own inner demons, like pride, arrogance, stubbornness, ego

Cannabis I have no experience with.

"God" told me in a dream to do a.y.u.a.s.c.a. I didn't want [being vegetarian, no drugs, no alcohol, no coffee, no tea etc and kind of scared to do this, because I read it can be very tough]. But "God" kept coming in dreams telling me I should. Finally I gave in [dreams became kind of nightmares]. Three times I did a 12h devotional singing with ayu. Heaps of fear, sadness and anger came out.

There was an ex girlfriend who hurt me a lot. Kind of hated her. After this 12h ayu I was in love with her again. But I was smart and controlled my feelings. Because she was not changed. But God released the hate in me by using ayu.

So I have proof that some herbs have the power to cleanse demons out of you [of course by "Gods" grace only]. And being scientific, I have at least 3 times proof of this [3 different types of herbs]

By the way the above mentioned ayu is called "Herb of the Gods", so kind of made sense that "God" instructed me to do this particular one. Additional good thing about this one is that it cures people of addictions and opens portals to the divine. But warning, it's very potent, and probably illegal in USA

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No. It's a drug that has some medical uses and can be abused by using too much recreationally. That's it.

stvdv

No. It's a drug that has some medical uses and can be abused by using too much recreationally. That's it

Always curious if people speak of personal experience or just bookish knowledge. You talk about Canabis NOT having any spiritual advantages at all, just some medical use?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No. It's a drug that has some medical uses and can be abused by using too much recreationally. That's it.
And has the distinct aspect of conferring on the user that the delusions they entertain are quite real.