• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Cannabis an Essential Part of our Religions?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
But it need not be the drug impact it can be the "drive to experiment yourself" that changes the brain.
Everything changes our brain; it is like when we are born we have vast amounts of brain cells, that we end up not using so they die off...

Like these could possibly be things like telepathy, empathy, dynamic interaction, etc, and because the child never got an opportunity to use them, they were never switched on.

Now as you've experienced Ayahuasca, you maybe aware of how it brings everything back into consciousness, to fix the bits that are cluttering up the subconscious.

After any psychedelic experience the brain makes that many new pathways, that it can never be the same.

As certain strains of cannabis are being recognized to promote creativity, trance, imaginative, meditative, calm, etc; this is most likely as they're specifically affecting that specific cannabinoid receptor in the brain, that operates them states.

So imagine if we've got a person who hasn't ever used their creative brain properly, the addition of these specific cannabinoids in their diet could help them over come their inner lack.

Can we drive our self through will, to create new pathways that didn't exist?

Sometimes; yet often how can we create an interest in something, if we can't even know it is possible.

Thus we have many religious people claiming states, that are really only attainable with the correct herbs that were taken, to comprehend what was written properly.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Everything changes our brain; it is like when we are born we have vast amounts of brain cells, that we end up not using so they die off...
Um, no. That's called massive brain damage and will leave you like Terri Schiavo. Brain cells don't "die off" if they're "not used". We're not given extras or whatever.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Now as you've experienced Ayahuasca, you maybe aware of how it brings everything back into consciousness

By meditation you can achieve also everything achieved by herbs. Maybe herbs accelerate sometimes.

Friend of mine got a car accident. In the ambulance his Guru came in meditation and told him while in the ambulance "You do yoga, no operations". He had broken 13 bones and all were healed after 2 month. Doctors wanted to give him drugs for the pain, he said "no, I meditate, then I don't feel pain". 1 leg was 8cm shorter after healing the bones. His guru told him "after 2 years it will be equal again". And sure it happened [I have been able to see it first hand]

So this for me is proof that herbs are not needed. Anything can be achieved by meditation. And that is generally the safer path. But nothing wrong with experimenting [sad that the west is so focused on making herbs so negative; but I think it has to do with promoting their own poisonous chemical drugs; which are far more dangerous].

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A Christ means an anointed one, and he went teaching we can heal with cannabis anointing oil... Zarathustra was on Haoma, and Hindu texts were inspired by Soma.

We disagree completely.

By meditation you can achieve also everything achieved by herbs

Herbs are a hindrance are a delusion into illusion. They don't lead anywhere on the spiritual path but give the false impression that they do.

As Meher Baba noted: If God can be found through the medium of any drug, God is not worthy of being God.

stvdv

Herbs are a hindrance are a delusion into illusion
Normally I don't go there. But advaitha teaches us that everything is maya, illusion. Only God is truth, all else is a delusion.

You are deluded by saying:"Herbs are a hindrance are a delusion into illusion"
Why I can say so, because you forget to mention IMHO

I believe there is no universal truth in the world. At best there is a worldly truth in this world. But better to just say "I believe", "IMHO". That way you give respect to others. If you put it as a universal truth, you show no respect. And cause irritation ...... finally .... war

IMHO

74x12

In Zoroastrian texts Haoma is most likely cannabis by its descriptions of a reed based plant with aromatic flowers; that causes prophecy, and poetic writings about God.

It is highly likely that the etymology of the word cannabis stems from the Bible, Kaneh Bosem in the holy anointing oil (Exodus 30:23-24)... Thus the Greek transliteration (kannabis) possibly came from there.

In Hindu texts Soma also caused poetic writings, and divine inspiration, thus is most likely cannabis.

So a couple of questions:

• Does anyone know at what period in history was the identification of this sacred plant removed from our knowledge systematically?

• Do you perceive that to truly understand the divine inspiration in its original metaphoric contexts, that our brains need to have cannabis to think normally?

• Do you realize that within a few years of legislating medical use, we're going to get a backlash of an increasing amount of schizophrenia; unless the religions take responsibility for it being a sacred shamanic plant, that allows access to spiritual connection?

• Is cannabis essential for fighting our own inner demons, like pride, arrogance, stubbornness, ego, etc?

• Have many religions developed because of the affects of cannabis, to cause poetic metaphoric writings in the first place?

• Do you realize that a Christ is someone anointed with the holy anointing oil, that contained cannabis, and that the early church (James 5:14), plus the disciples (Mark 6:13) healed with it to begin with, and thus were called Christians because of the anointing?

In my opinion. :innocent:
Nope. There is a demon of cannabis. I'd suggest people stay away from cannabis use. Especially for religious reasons.

stvdv

I'd suggest people stay away from cannabis use. Especially for religious reasons
A friend of mine, who tried everything that "God has forbidden on this earth" [don't take this one literally], especially with regards to drugs told me once that "ayuasca" is one of the better ones, and "cannabis" you better don't take. If I remember well he said that this one causes more addiction. Definitely for me "ayuas" causes no addiction. It tastes so bad, that "I conveniently forget to do it; and suddenly realise that it has been 3 years ago I tried it". Not a single desire to take it. Most people I know using Cannabis, don't have this feeling. They kind of use it frequently.

I don't know about details. I know that my guru warns not to take any drugs. But He also says "You can try out anything you like, but only do it once". So that's pretty good advice I think. If you use a medicine you have to follow prescribtion. So try out, but once. But of course better think twice before doing it, because maybe you have no self control, and end up addicted after using once. It's all about your intention. Are you pure, then don't worry. If not, better watch out.

Jedster

Bunch of questions, but let's go slowly. Why assume Soma is cannabis?

The kechari mudra(natural way) is a form of meditation, and among the effects is the secretion of a liquid which elevates the consciousness and gives a superb(transcendental?) taste on the tongue.

Having read about soma/nectar/ambrosia across many cultures, I have no doubt this is the experience referred to.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The kechari mudra(natural way) is a form of meditation, and among the effects is the secretion of a liquid which elevates the consciousness and gives a superb(transcendental?) taste on the tongue.

Having read about soma/nectar/ambrosia across many cultures, I have no doubt this is the experience referred to.

Others have professed sources other than cannabis. I have no horse in this race, but I'm growing to dislike people presenting opinion as fact.
(Speaking generally, rather than specifically about this thread)

So, I'm commonly asking people when I see possible examples of that these days. Getting too old to stuff around.

Jedster

Others have professed sources other than cannabis. I have no horse in this race, but I'm growing to dislike people presenting opinion as fact.
(Speaking generally, rather than specifically about this thread)

So, I'm commonly asking people when I see possible examples of that these days. Getting too old to stuff around.
Well, it is a fact for me. It is my personal experience for several decades.

stvdv

I don’t believe it because you don’t strike me as a trustworthy witness.

You are correct. I myself never experienced that either. I didn't make that claim though

I just said it's very good for an atheist "not to believe for 1 sec".
That was all. I am always serious. First time I made a joke.
Won't do it again [that's a lie]

Jedster

Very good, being an atheist

You are correct. I myself never experienced that either. I didn't make that claim though

I just said it's very good for an atheist "not to believe for 1 sec".
That was all. I am always serious. First time I made a joke.
Won't do it again [that's a lie]

FYI
Practising the kechari mudra has nothing to do whether one is an atheist or not. Belief doesn't come into it.

stvdv

FYI
Practising the kechari mudra has nothing to do whether one is an atheist or not. Belief doesn't come into it

Thanks Jedster, this I understood already out of your words. And to clear doubts, I believe in this; just I have no personal experience.
[Never thought of doing it, first time I hear someone talk about it. I might put it on my "to do list" though; I prefer experience over reading]

[FYI: My remark "it's very good for an atheist "not to believe for 1 sec", was totally NOT linked to your "kechari mudra"]
[Atheist sometimes say "I don't believe....", and now 1 atheist claims "I don't believe for 1 sec". I just pointed out he is a VERY good atheist]

Last edited: