• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is blind faith right faith?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I would not count on any governmental reign. It has never been about ruling and controlling. That is mankind speaking to you, not God................!

I find God spoke to Adam and the Law ( of the land of Eden, so to speak ) was don't eat from the forbidden tree.
So, it was a theocratic (God ruled) governmental reign .
For certain it is about regulation. A well-regulated environment.
Psalms 72:8 speaks about Jesus having subjects (or citizens) from sea to sea.
In his day ( Jesus' 1,000-year day over Earth Psalms 72:7 ) there will be well-regulated conditions - Psalms 72:12-14.
In other words, relief will be provided by the governmental rule by God's Son Christ Jesus.
For God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) is a real government coming to Earth ( thy kingdom come....)

Bird123

I find God spoke to Adam and the Law ( of the land of Eden, so to speak ) was don't eat from the forbidden tree.
So, it was a theocratic (God ruled) governmental reign .
For certain it is about regulation. A well-regulated environment.
Psalms 72:8 speaks about Jesus having subjects (or citizens) from sea to sea.
In his day ( Jesus' 1,000-year day over Earth Psalms 72:7 ) there will be well-regulated conditions - Psalms 72:12-14.
In other words, relief will be provided by the governmental rule by God's Son Christ Jesus.
For God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) is a real government coming to Earth ( thy kingdom come....)

If you blindly rely solely on stories written by mankind, how can you ever reach a Higher Level? Will you wait until mankind arrives first so they can lead you?

I'm afraid you have a long wait. There are so many petty things that have to be worked through before there is understanding.

Think!! Is God really about Control, Rule, Government,Condemning, Manipulating, Coercing, Intimidating. Is this really what the world needs? Is this really a Higher Level? Are you blind to a way that is much more Intelligent??

Ah yes, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!! To Question is the start on the journey to Discovery. To accept is to stop moving forward.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm afraid you have a long wait. There are so many petty things that have to be worked through before there is understanding.
Think!! Is God really about Control, Rule, Government,Condemning, Manipulating, Coercing, Intimidating. Is this really what the world needs? Is this really a Higher Level? Are you blind to a way that is much more Intelligent??
Ah yes, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!!! To Question is the start on the journey to Discovery. To accept is to stop moving forward ......!
I think when Adam broke God's Law of the Land of Eden that Adam set up Autonomous Law (self law) over Theocratic or Theonomous Law ( Law governed by God ).
Adam rejected being subject to God's authority or God's Law and thus Adam set up People Rule as superior to God's Law.

The prophet Daniel (Daniel 2:44) believed in Theocracy ( God Rule ).
Note: Not the modern-day definition of theocracy defined as clergy rule or rule by clergy class.
Jesus believed in the same theocracy as Daniel as the best way to govern over mankind ( thy kingdom come...)
Only God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus can rid the world of wickedness because that is the Higher Level.

There is No long wait according to 1 Thess. 5:2-3 because as soon as the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security...." this is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 before Jesus, aka Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think when Adam broke God's Law of the Land of Eden that Adam set up Autonomous Law (self law) over Theocratic or Theonomous Law ( Law governed by God ).
Adam rejected being subject to God's authority or God's Law and thus Adam set up People Rule as superior to God's Law.

Note: Not the modern-day definition of theocracy defined as clergy rule or rule by clergy class.
Jesus believed in the same theocracy as Daniel as the best way to govern over mankind ( thy kingdom come...)
Only God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus can rid the world of wickedness because that is the Higher Level.

There is No long wait according to 1 Thess. 5:2-3 because as soon as the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security...." this is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 before Jesus, aka Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
This is folklore, URAVIP2ME. Why do you believe it?

Bird123

These stories are not true reality. Can you not see mankind in them all?

Do you really think a Being capable of creating universes is really having such a problem with the kiddies that Might is Right is what is needed?

Can you think of any other better ways? If you use Might is Right, what are you teaching those kiddies? It certainly isn't a Higher Level.

Is not a Being capable of creating universes capable of fixing all His children through Unconditional Love? Yes, the Higher Level!!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
These stories are not true reality. Can you not see mankind in them all?
Do you really think a Being capable of creating universes is really having such a problem with the kiddies that Might is Right is what is needed?
Can you think of any other better ways? If you use Might is Right, what are you teaching those kiddies? It certainly isn't a Higher Level.
Is not a Being capable of creating universes capable of fixing all His children through Unconditional Love? Yes, the Higher Level!!

Of course mankind is in all of them because the issue involves mankind.
God forces No one to obey Him. Right from the start with Adam and Eve were Not forced.
God created all in heaven and on earth with free-will choices. Each person uses their own 'might ' (so to speak) to choose.
The coming resurrection is fixing all His children because the resurrection reverses all the damage Satan and Adam caused mankind.
The Higher Level is for repenting people who do Not want to be wicked people. Each freely chooses.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This is folklore, URAVIP2ME. Why do you believe it?
In Scripture, Jesus did Not view Scripture as folklore.
I find the world of today is just as Jesus said it would be - Luke 21:11; 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
So, I have No reason to doubt that the rest of what is written in Scripture can be believed.
When the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security....." that will be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9

Milton Platt

Ok maybe it is strange of me to ask this question but.

Is blind faith right faith? Even if we cultivate a spiritual teaching, would it not be wise of us to think somewhat for our self?

Can we gain any wisdom from the teaching if all we do is blindly believe it, without asking our self ( not others) about the teaching?

Personally when I read the teaching I cultivate I ask my self many questions, because I can not know for sure what our teacher meant in every word. That is a part of the cultuvation. It's a part of the way to go from novice to wise.

And yes in the process of discussing with others I might say wrong, because I did not memorize or understand my self fully the teaching.

But if you blindly believe, have you learned anything to make you a wise person?

There is nothing one cannot believe based upon faith alone, so faith is not a pathway to truth.

chinu

chinu

Is blind faith right faith? Even if we cultivate a spiritual teaching, would it not be wise of us to think somewhat for our self?

Can we gain any wisdom from the teaching if all we do is blindly believe it, without asking our self ( not others) about the teaching?

Personally when I read the teaching I cultivate I ask my self many questions, because I can not know for sure what our teacher meant in every word. That is a part of the cultuvation. It's a part of the way to go from novice to wise.

And yes in the process of discussing with others I might say wrong, because I did not memorize or understand my self fully the teaching.

But if you blindly believe, have you learned anything to make you a wise person?
Faith is Faith. The one who has Faith in something never says that his/her Faith is blind. Something might have happened that lead that person to that Faith.

Yes, the word "Blind faith" exist in this world, But, NOT in the heart of a believer :)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Faith is Faith. The one who has Faith in something never says that his/her Faith is blind. Something might have happened that lead that person to that Faith.

Yes, the word "Blind faith" exist in this world, But, NOT in the heart of a believer :)
Faith, by definition, involves 'blindness', blindness being acceptance without proper evidence -- which is pretty much the definition of faith.

Bird123

Of course mankind is in all of them because the issue involves mankind.
God forces No one to obey Him. Right from the start with Adam and Eve were Not forced.
God created all in heaven and on earth with free-will choices. Each person uses their own 'might ' (so to speak) to choose.
The coming resurrection is fixing all His children because the resurrection reverses all the damage Satan and Adam caused mankind.
The Higher Level is for repenting people who do Not want to be wicked people. Each freely chooses.

It has never ever been about obeying. It has never ever been about repenting or forgiveness. Adam and Eve is just a Story written by mankind. It is not true reality. Satan does not exist. Blame is a petty thing mankind holds so dear. This is not God.

Life is the education of God's children. You are right free will and free choice is an important part of learning. Without free choice one would choose the opposite as soon as they were free just to Discover what was kept from them.

When you see others making bad choices you could never choose, do you condemn, get angry, judge, hate, maybe try to intimidate or coerce them to alter their choices? Would you inflict pain in order to alter their choices or actions??? Is this really a Higher Level?

In a multilevel classroom, there will always be others learning lessons one has already learned just as some might see us and recognize lessons we need to learn. Is this an excuse to value and use all those petty things I mentioned?? Of course not!! I point them in the right direction instead.

God returns our actions and choices back to us. When one understands all sides, intelligence will make the Best choices. Don't you see? There has never been a need for choosing those petty things. Perhaps, when they return from your choices, things will clear.

This is not punishment. This is education. It has never ever been about punishment. All our good choices return as well to teach us what they really mean as well. Given enough lessons and lifetimes, this teaches everyone to Love Unconditionally. After all, isn't Unconditional Love what everyone wants returning?

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel

For me, blind faith meant following the people who weren't the Good Shepherd. But if you open your eyes at some point, you see the path on which they're leading you clings to the side of a cliff. That's not what's meant by narrow is the way. It means that they're leading you so that you can do nothing but follow them. If it'd been a literally cliff-side path, I'd've plummeted to my death decades ago. Now I follow the Good Shepherd with sheep who are His own. I look around and there don't seem to be many of us.

I think about what I read, these days. And every question goes a little deeper. I know what I believe, not just blindly, but with my whole self, body and mind and spirit. Today, there is peace behind my eyes.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
For me, blind faith meant following the people who weren't the Good Shepherd. But if you open your eyes at some point, you see the path on which they're leading you clings to the side of a cliff. That's not what's meant by narrow is the way. It means that they're leading you so that you can do nothing but follow them. If it'd been a literally cliff-side path, I'd've plummeted to my death decades ago. Now I follow the Good Shepherd with sheep who are His own. I look around and there don't seem to be many of us.

I think about what I read, these days. And every question goes a little deeper. I know what I believe, not just blindly, but with my whole self, body and mind and spirit. Today, there is peace behind my eyes.
I am so happy to hear you found peace within you. In my personal spiritual journey I struggle a bit and have done so for some time. But it is the difficult times we learn to understand our self better. So it's no need to give up :)
I am sure your faith in Jesus is just as right as the faith I have in my teacher and his teaching :)

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
I am so happy to hear you found peace within you. In my personal spiritual journey I struggle a bit and have done so for some time. But it is the difficult times we learn to understand our self better. So it's no need to give up :)
I am sure your faith in Jesus is just as right as the faith I have in my teacher and his teaching :)

For me, life is a sound board. It isn't until someone questions what I believe that I dig for the answers that would otherwise be just instinct... blind faith, if you will. I believe what Jesus says. And what doesn't match His character, I dismiss... and often have to explain why that is. But-but-but the whole thing is God-breathed and God-inspired, they say. Not when the sparrow is one of the things killed only because it breathes.

Give up is not in my nature. Perseverance is hardwired into my DNA.