• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

psychoslice

Veteran Member

psychoslice

Veteran Member
But crime has went down, but police oppression has went up.
Even when I was a kid you didn't need a permit for a garage sale or a lemonade stand.
Its not the police fault that you can't have a lemonade stand, its all the do-gooders, its because so many today sue each other over a drop of a hat, if the lemonade caused someone to be sick, those poor kids wont know what's happening, just an example.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Its not the police fault that you can't have a lemonade stand, its all the doogders, its because so many today sue each other over a drop of a hat, if the lemonade caused someone to be sick, those poor kids wont know what's happening, just an example.
I'm going to assume doogders is an Aussie term. (I don't know what it means, or even pronounce it, really)
We do sue each other a lot, but but we don't hold the police accountable either.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I'm going to assume doogders is an Aussie term. (I don't know what it means, or even pronounce it, really)
We do sue each other a lot, but but we don't hold the police accountable either.
Sorry it should be do-gooder, that's good that you don't blame the cops, after all they are just doing their job.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sorry it should be do-gooder, that's good that you don't blame the cops, after all they are just doing their job.
Doing there jobs doesn't include tasing an elderly man with advanced Alzheimer's. And it certainly doesn't including getting drunk while on duty, driving drunk while on duty, and killing a motorist while drunk while on duty, and having all of your porkenstein buddies trying everything they can to pull every technicality bull**** they can think of to get you off the hook. Fortunately that piggy was, eventually, after a ton of legal loopholes were jumped through, found guilty.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Doing there jobs doesn't include tasing an elderly man with advanced Alzheimer's. And it certainly doesn't including getting drunk while on duty, driving drunk while on duty, and killing a motorist while drunk while on duty, and having all of your porkenstein buddies trying everything they can to pull every technicality bull**** they can think of to get you off the hook. Fortunately that piggy was, eventually, after a ton of legal loopholes were jumped through, found guilty.
Well sadly you get that in any anywhere, no one is perfect, cops included.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Our problem is that the "police state" is a multi-faceted monster, & corrupt abusive police are the result of our government incentivizing their being that way. It won't be fixed solely by better training or eliminating racism. It starts at higher levels.....end militarization, independent prosecutors, no civil forfeiture benefits, no warrantless wiretaps/searches, make police financially liable for all injury or loss they cause.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just ran across this....
th

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In L.A. alone, police shoot more bullets in just one month than all German cops combined do in a year.
You do not see the level of police oppression and brutality that you see here every where.
How pathetic must one be to be a fit, healthy, physically able man and you see an elderly man as enough of a threat to use your taser on him?
How pathetic do you have to be to choke a man to death when there are five of you and only one of him?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Our problem is that the "police state" is a multi-faceted monster, & corrupt abusive police are the result of our government incentivizing their being that way. It won't be fixed solely by better training or eliminating racism. It starts at higher levels.....end militarization, independent prosecutors, no civil forfeiture benefits, no warrantless wiretaps/searches, make police financially liable for all injury or loss they cause.
Well why not join them and show them how to do it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In L.A. alone, police shoot more bullets in just one month than all German cops combined do in a year.
You do not see the level of police oppression and brutality that you see here every where.
How pathetic must one be to be a fit, healthy, physically able man and you see an elderly man as enough of a threat to use your taser on him?
How pathetic do you have to be to choke a man to death when there are five of you and only one of him?
I don't know I wasn't there.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You might be the only RF member who believes that my joining government would improve things.
Well there you are, there's you answer, the people need to change the government, either by voting or protesting, even though I don't like protesting, it gets a bit violent sometimes.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't know I wasn't there.
Well, the elderly man being tased happened at a nursing home around here.
The drunk porker killing a motorist while on duty happened in the capitol of the state I live in.
Garner being choked by a piggy even though there was one Garner and five pigs is all over the internet.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Well, the elderly man being tased happened at a nursing home around here.
The drunk porker killing a motorist while on duty happened in the capitol of the state I live in.
Garner being choked by a piggy even though there was one Garner and five pigs is all over the internet.
That's no good, those pigs should be thrown out of the force, but, there are many more pigs that are doing the right thing, so lets not forget that, or we will become pigheaded.