• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

interpretation of some passages of scripture

anonymous9887

bible reader
Did I say I obey what Jesus says?

By the way, Jesus puts faith in God alone but YOU say he must have put faith in the Bible writers.
I didn't say to put faith in the words themselves. I have faith god spoke his instructions to us through these men as they were carried along by holy spirit. They were instrument used by god.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't say to put faith in the words themselves. I have faith god spoke his instructions to us through these men as they were carried along by holy spirit. They were instrument used by god.
Do you think the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses is an instrument used by God?

Do you think you are?

And do you think that I am not?

anonymous9887

bible reader
I think you are asking me if I obey Jesus. How am I supposed to know?
I'm not sure if you believe Moses existed, Abraham, Jesus, Isaiah, or the minor prophets, king David etc...

But if they spoke revelations from god as they were moved by holy spirit, should people listen to what they have to say?

For that matter should we even listen to you deist that claim to have revelations?

If there is no purpose in listening to anyone's revelations, why even preach at all, if god is capable of communicating supernaturally to everyone.

There is no purpose of even discussing these things.

Last edited:

anonymous9887

bible reader
Do you think the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses is an instrument used by God?

Do you think you are?

And do you think that I am not?
Like I tell Jehovah's witnesses, I believe the GB is an instrument, just as there are many ways to get to an accurate knowledge. But where I differ is that I believe there are many different instruments available.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure if you believe Moses existed, Abraham, Jesus, Isaiah, or the minor prophets, king David etc...

But if they spoke revelations from gods as they were moved by holy spirit, should people listen to what they have to say?
I call this a Freudian slip. Haha. Holy Spirit does not communicate revelations from gods imo. If they were being moved by gods The Holy Spirit would not use them. I am sure.

For that matter should we even listen to you deist that claim to have revelations?
Am I a deist? LOL. I think I am not a deist.

If there is no purpose in listening to anyone's revelations, why even preach at all, if god is capable of communicating supernaturally to everyone.
God is capable, but not all people are.

There is no purpose of even discussing these things.
But, it's funny.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Like I tell Jehovah's witnesses, I believe the GB is an instrument, just as there are many ways to get to an accurate knowledge. But where I differ is that I believe there are many different instruments available.
Interesting you ignored the second and the third question.

anonymous9887

bible reader
I call this a Freudian slip. Haha. Holy Spirit does not communicate revelations from gods imo. If they were being moved by gods The Holy Spirit would not use them. I am sure.

Am I a deist? LOL. I think I am not a deist.

God is capable, but not all people are.

But, it's funny.
I corrected it to god