• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

interpretation of some passages of scripture

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No I am asking if you obey and observe what Jesus said, then I would ask you why if you only listen to god?
Clarification is good! Jesus spoke in stories. Stories are not for obeying.

I am sure I never said I "only listen to God". I am listening to you. Aren't I?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is my opinion that Jesus does the talking for God. Is it not why he is called The Word? Sometimes I think it might be that rascal Paul talking at times. Can they not all talk, in your opinion?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Clarification is good! Jesus spoke in stories. Stories are not for obeying.

I am sure I never said I "only listen to God". I am listening to you. Aren't I?
Why do you listen to Jesus' clarification and stories if you only listen to god? you answered
Then I ask you why not listen to men who speak a revelation from god if they truly are speaking from god?

anonymous9887

bible reader
It is my opinion that Jesus does the talking for God. Is it not why he is called The Word? Sometimes I think it might be that rascal Paul talking at times. Can they not all talk, in your opinion?
But could not have god used men to speak for him just as he used Jesus, otherwise what are the purpose of divine revelation?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why do you listen to Jesus' clarification and stories if you only listen to god? you answered
Then I ask you why not listen to men who speak a revelation from god if they truly are speaking from god?
Nobody but God knows if "they are truly speaking from God". Right?

anonymous9887

bible reader
so if it was proven these men spoke from god then you would obey what they speak yes or no, and accept it not as their own word but as revelation from god?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But could not have god used men to speak for him just as he used Jesus, otherwise what are the purpose of divine revelation?
Maybe this should be the last time I type here that I do believe that. People, not only men*, have communicated truly God's words. The difference here is that YOU trust they all agree with you who you think have communicated God's words.

*even in the Bible YOU trust, there are women who communicate God's will be done.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
so if it was proven these men spoke from god then you would obey what they speak yes or no, and accept it not as their own word but as revelation from god?
Which men are we talking about?
I don't understand "obey" which you keep saying. Why are you saying obey?

anonymous9887

bible reader
thats not the question at Hand
If you knew with certainty that god spoke a revelation through those men do you obey what they say?
If they wrote down the exact words of those revelations, should we regard it with any authority as gods word if we knew it certainly was gods word?
The difference with the bible is maybe im more gullible, but please answer the questions.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
thats not the question at Hand
If you knew with certainty that god spoke a revelation through those men do you obey what they say?
If they wrote down the exact words of those revelations, should we regard it with any authority as gods word if we knew it certainly was gods word?
The difference with the bible is maybe im more gullible, but please answer the questions.
I do not trust that the words of the Bible (except for maybe the ten commandments) were ever "exact words" heard by any man.

I have obeyed words I read that Jesus said. But by doing so I learned that is not what they are for.

I think it is obvious there is no certainly linked with God except that we should love God and one another. One another includes me and you, Paul, John, the governing body of Jehovah Witnesses, Clinton, OMG Trump .....

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For example if peter under inspiration said we must not repay injury for injury, but gentle toward all, should we listen?
Of course something like he wrote need not be considered "under inspiration" to obey it. It's true, so it should be obeyed.

anonymous9887

bible reader
okay the the bottom line is
1. I believe these men spoke from god
2. you dont believe the current book in the bible are all true (but there are some words of god in there)
3. I believe in the preservation of gods word on paper or papyrus or whatever. you dont believe its all pure.
4. but if it could be proven that the bible are words inspired of god the you would believe, but that is not possible in your eyes.
5. I guess the next question would be what makes you say it is not complete or that it is complete? on what grounds do we make these statements?

anonymous9887

bible reader
I do not trust that the words of the Bible (except for maybe the ten commandments) were ever "exact words" heard by any man.

I have obeyed words I read that Jesus said. But by doing so I learned that is not what they are for.

I think it is obvious there is no certainly linked with God except that we should love God and one another. One another includes me and you, Paul, John, the governing body of Jehovah Witnesses, Clinton, OMG Trump .....
under what grounds do you make this case? that these are not original words.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
under what grounds do you make this case? that these are not original words.
Some of them contradict other ones. I am not talking about minor contradictions like how many troops or whatever else they love to argue about. I am talking about major changes that make certain words out of harmony with The Word.

For instance Jesus, "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free". I consider that something to keep and to strive for. On the other hand it is written that Jesus commands the making of disciples. .To obey the making of disciples voids what he said to strive for, truth and freedom. I believe truth and freedom was for them then and is for believers now. To obey the command to make other people make other people make other people is not freedom. It is never-ending WORK.

To obey those words is to be slave to HOW. How and whom and when and so forth and so on................

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
5. I guess the next question would be what makes you say it is not complete or that it is complete? on what grounds do we make these statements?
That I see is a question. We do not want to see you get yourself into another tither so I shall try to make sense of it.

Q.what grounds do I say the Bible is not completely right?
A. Some things translated in it condradict other things.

For instance it is written that "God is love", but it is also written in some places that "God hates".
I have tried to reason that it makes more sense if what was written originally is those things hate God which is TRUE.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Some of them contradict other ones. I am not talking about minor contradictions like how many troops or whatever else they love to argue about. I am talking about major changes that make certain words out of harmony with The Word.

For instance Jesus, "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free". I consider that something to keep and to strive for. On the other hand it is written that Jesus commands the making of disciples. .To obey the making of disciples voids what he said to strive for, truth and freedom. I believe truth and freedom was for them then and is for believers now. To obey the command to make other people make other people make other people is not freedom. It is never-ending WORK.

To obey those words is to be slave to HOW. How and whom and when and so forth and so on................
1.I will just briefly say that the numbers contradicting does not change the message.
2. The 2nd is a matter of opinion. The individuals in acts 17:11 showed a great spirit of seeking, no matter which way you look at it, we are either in gods light or in wickedness, there is only obedience or disobedience.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1.I will just briefly say that the numbers contradicting does not change the message.
2. The 2nd is a matter of opinion. The individuals in acts 17:11 showed a great spirit of seeking, no matter which way you look at it, we are either in gods light or in wickedness, there is only obedience or disobedience.
Can you prove there is either obedience or disobedience. David was considered obedient but he wasn't always.