• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

interpretation of some passages of scripture

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK let's just suppose you are correct in your faith. What wrong with getting to know the scriptures and what they meant, to be able to find common ground, and be able to speak with these people on their level. Because whether or not the book is inspired, there is meaning, whether gods or man's there is meaning.
Excuse me? I never said that the books of the Bible are not to get to know.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Again I believe those words were inspired of god. Men were carried along by holy spirit as they spoke these things.
And I believe that God's words are communicated to people as they are carried along by holy spirit.
YOU say all the words you trust were communicated so were communicated and preserved along by The Holy Spirit. I am sure you do not understand what I am saying, but I am also sure it is elementary.
God's words get to people via the Holy Spirit. NOT ALL words which are considered God's words are God's words. That is my stand and you don't like it. I say, so?

anonymous9887

bible reader
And I believe that God's words are communicated to people as they are carried along by holy spirit.
YOU say all the words you trust were communicated so were communicated and preserved along by The Holy Spirit. I am sure you do not understand what I am saying, but I am also sure it is elementary.
God's words get to people via the Holy Spirit. NOT ALL words which are considered God's words are God's words. That is my stand and you don't like it. I say, so?
Basically you don't believe in the preservation of god word. Please do not get me twisted at all. Jehovah's witnesses, Deist's, Muslims, Hindus, Catholics, and all other religions to many to name. I don't have a problem with them as people, all I do is conversate and encourage research and maybe someone else's findings. The time is not here for judgment to take place. Also it's not for me to judge, but to share perspective in hopes that it might affect in one way or another.

anonymous9887

bible reader
1. The words these men spoke were inspired of god. Here I think we agree.
2. I believe these words were recorded accurately in a way that does not change the message. Here you disagree.
3. If there was proof that those words of those men were recorded would you then put your faith in those writings?

anonymous9887

bible reader
@Paul Chavez Did you answer the question?
So let me grasp an understanding of what you are saying
1. The apostles and Jesus spoke while carried along by holy spirit.
2. The words were not preserved though. Were the original writings accurate?
3. So in other words you say it was never meant for these words to be documented.
4. God has been communicating directly with man for as long as man has existed.
5. Correct so far?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No I don't disagree, but I also believe in the preservation of scripture.
No, it isn't the truth that you "believe in the preservation of scripture" because you believe in the preservation of ALL scripture. That is where we disagree.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So let me grasp an understanding of what you are saying
1. The apostles and Jesus spoke while carried along by holy spirit.
2. The words were not preserved though. Were the original writings accurate?
3. So in other words you say it was never meant for these words to be documented.
4. God has been communicating directly with man for as long as man has existed.
5. Correct so far?
#2 is wrong. Many words have been preserved right, but not all. Also all the words did not come with an explanation or we would not be arguing about them. For instance, many people view some of Jesus' words not as parables but as though they are words which foretell the real future. The meaning of somethings have been lost. Do you disagree?

anonymous9887

bible reader
No, it isn't the truth that you "believe in the preservation of scripture" because you believe in the preservation of ALL scripture. That is where we disagree.
Yes the books in the Bible right now.
It depends on what you mean by all scripture. Is it the gospel of Barnabas, the epistle of Barnabas, the infancy book of Thomas, the 7 Apocrypha books. So yes there are some excluded of course. But I accept the current books.

Now how do you measure which words are of god and which are not? Through Revelation?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. The words these men spoke were inspired of god. Here I think we agree.
2. I believe these words were recorded accurately in a way that does not change the message. Here you disagree.
3. If there was proof that those words of those men were recorded would you then put your faith in those writings?
If those men spoke the truth of God and it was proved the meaning of the words was not changed I would not argue that they were changed. I do not put faith in words. That would make Jehovah jealous imho. OK?
I put faith in God alone. OK?

anonymous9887

bible reader
#2 is wrong. Many words have been preserved right, but not all. Also all the words did not come with an explanation or we would not be arguing about them. For instance, many people view some of Jesus' words not as parables but as though they are words which foretell the real future. The meaning of somethings have been lost. Do you disagree?
I say that there are things that are ambiguous, but if you truly have gods spirit you will understand.

anonymous9887

bible reader
If those men spoke the truth of God and it was proved the meaning of the words was not changed I would not argue that they were changed. I do not put faith in words. That would make Jehovah jealous imho. OK?
So if Jesus came to the earth and is requesting your obedience, what do u do?

anonymous9887

bible reader

Jehovah (YHWH)
Communicates a message to his apostles through his holy spirit

The question would now be, do they share the message?

If they do and they are speaking words that god inspired, regarding what he wants from man why would god get jealous if he himself used someone to reveal his thought?

Not to mention the apostles mention that the direction they speak is from god.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jehovah (YHWH)
Communicates a message to his apostles through his holy spirit

The question would now be, do they share the message?

If they do and they are speaking words that god inspired, regarding what he wants from man why would god get jealous if he himself used someone to reveal his thought?

Not to mention the apostles mention that the direction they speak is from god.
You're not listening so there is not much more to say. Is there?
Please look at the link. Many times Jesus admonished them to KEEP his words/commands. To keep means to preserve and guard. Even though you say GOD preserves and guards Jesus' commands Jesus told THEM to do it and you have decided that is what they did perfect enough.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So if Jesus speaks to you, why do you put faith in him if you only put faith in God? Or why do you obey what Jesus says if god is who you communicate directly to?
Did I say I obey what Jesus says?

By the way, Jesus puts faith in God alone but YOU say he must have put faith in the Bible writers.

anonymous9887

bible reader
You're not listening so there is not much more to say. Is there?
Please look at the link. Many times Jesus admonished them to KEEP his words/commands. To keep means to preserve and guard. Even though you say GOD preserves and guards Jesus' commands Jesus told THEM to do it and you have decided that is what they did perfect enough.
Should they have obeyed Jesus?