• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

interdimensional portals

satyaroop

certain places on earth are considered to be ufo or paranormal hotspots or even sacred places, do you think that interdimensional portals or doorways might exist in these places, allowing otherworldly beings to enter and exit our world?

do you think that some beings have the ability or maybe technology to create such portals and enter/exit our world at will?

maybe some portals exist naturally and these beings are just making use of them

could creatures referred to as "cryptids" make use of these portals, could this explain sightings of them? for example, somebody sees a strange being and reports it, a search is carried out, but nothing is discovered. Could it be that the being simply exited our world through the portal, hence the search was fruitless because the being doesn't exist in our world anymore

and maybe ufos and alien craft/vehicles aren't coming from outer space but instead from other dimensions?

when people try to summon entities with occult rituals and practices, are they creating portals through which these beings(they desire to summon) can enter?

I've read/learnt online about a ranch in america, known as the skinwalker ranch or bigelow ranch, a lot of strange stuff connected with ufos and the paranormal supposedly happened and still happens in this place
you can search online if you want, many strange stories about this place
does a portal exist at this location, is this the reason for the strange activity?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
certain places on earth are considered to be ufo or paranormal hotspots or even sacred places, do you think that interdimensional portals or doorways might exist in these places, allowing otherworldly beings to enter and exit our world?

do you think that some beings have the ability or maybe technology to create such portals and enter/exit our world at will?

could creatures referred to as "cryptids" make use of these portals, could this explain sightings of them? for example, somebody sees a strange being and reports it, a search is carried out, but nothing is discovered. Could it be that the being simply exited our world through the portal, hence the search was fruitless because the being doesn't exist in our world anymore

and maybe ufos and alien craft/vehicles aren't coming from outer space but instead from other dimensions?

when people try to summon entities with occult rituals and practices, are they creating portals through which these beings(they desire to summon) can enter?

I've read/learnt online about a ranch in america, known as the skinwalker ranch or bigelow ranch, a lot of strange stuff connected with ufos and the paranormal supposedly happened and still happens in this place
does a portal exist at this location, is this the reason for the strange activity?
This seems like a very elaborate way to avoid having to deal with an utter lack of evidence for claims you’ve decided you want to be true.

satyaroop

I think I need to take a rest from this place !
I think I've created the thread in the appropriate DIR
what else do you expect to be discussed here?
if subjects on the paranormal bother you, why are you reading threads in this DIR?

This seems like a very elaborate way to avoid having to deal with an utter lack of evidence for claims you’ve decided you want to be true.
I didn't claim it is true, it's just speculation, it's just a theory
a lot of discussion on the paranormal is going to be speculative

David T

Premium Member
I think I've created the thread in the appropriate DIR
what else do you expect to be discussed here?
if subjects on the paranormal bother you, why are you reading threads in this DIR?

I didn't claim it is true, it's just speculation, it's just a theory
a lot of discussion on the paranormal is going to be speculative
Totally valid point.

There is a fine line between the homeless man living on The street lost in a "galaxy far far away" muttering about various characters and george lucas..

I once met this homeless Guy that was going on about egyptians and aliens etc. And what i always say right away is "breathing is amazing take a deep breath try it its fantastic" i start to take in deep breathes to demonstrate. Every one of them looks at me like "dude you are killing my fantasy stop it". I then of course can flip into their fiction story mode and argue as if i am being factual. So with the alien egyptian fantasy i started to say based on science so and so said this or that. All of it of course nonsense but aligned to their delusion. That is all very facinating how the intellect can spin in like that. Its what i call "normal" mental illness is normal to its extreme conclusion and no longer functional.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
These `portals` that are mentioned do not really exist.
Could aliens land on Earth, could be, could have.
Where did the giant snake carvings and other giant markers come from, those that can be only seen from the air. Some of them have been there for thousands of years. Hard to explain !
But the `portals`. Why so few `portals`. If the technology is available right now, why not more of them. Who's building them ? Etc, etc.
I could go on but....
NuffStuff

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

I am a believer in such things. I have seen enough evidence and argumentation to know that the universe beyond our physical senses is mindboggling and energies and portals are out there too.

I would answer 'yes, probably so' to each of the speculations you put in the OP.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Why am I not surprised?
Why am I not surprised that you are not surprised either?

But anyway, I follow evidence and reasoning. After enough quantity, quality and consistency of claims beyond the normal, I believe it is more reasonable to be a believer than a non-believer In that we exist in an incredible complex universe beyond the physical senses. And some want to 'keep it simple', but they are forced to stubbornly deny more than my fair reasoning allows.

ajay0

It is possible that interdimensional portals exist which may allow one to travel very large distances in space and even to parallel universes as per physics theories.

The aliens, if they exist, maybe identifying and using such portals for fast travel without much expenditure of time and resources.

There may also be portals that connect distant points in time as well. There are stories of people who accidentally went to distant times in past and future, and reported the same. It perhaps may have something to do with magnetic activity or magnetic ferrous materials in the area which might accidentally enable such dislocations in time and space.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I tend to think of things in the way Carl Sagan described in his depiction of Flatland. There's no real proof for dimensional realms but when you take Carl Sagans Flatland into consideration, it does make you wonder if there is something past our present dimension.

The thing is, we should conversely be able to peer into Flatland given we are arguably higher than two dimensions.

Dimensions are intriguing to think about , but the idea of fissures opening through time and space seems to be encapsulated within works of Science Fiction and philosophy.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would say if there's any approach to the Paranormal would be to examine dimensional space and time in more detail as to what it is and how it would work.

David1967

Premium Member

I'm not one to ever (or at least seldom) say impossible. The idea is intriguing.

Craig Sedok

Ley lines criss cross. Some kind of map of electric and stone.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I would say if there's any approach to the Paranormal would be to examine dimensional space and time in more detail as to what it is and how it would work.

If a tesseract shaped extra dimensional nearly omniscient being were to traverse in front of any highly evolved 3 dimensional shaped great apes such as ourselves, then we would only see a 3 dimensional slice of this extra dimensional being appear out of nowhere and then vanish into thin air. We would not be able to see anywhere near the physical mind of this hypercube shaped extra-dimensional nearly omniscient being.