• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indigo Children?

Do Indigos exsist?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • No!

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Unsure...

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Heck, I have bellied up to the bar with so many other wacky ideas, I have to admit I also buy into the different "soul families" thing. I have not focused on the idea much, but it is a part of my overall thinking.

Birds of a feather stick together.

Master Vigil

It is entirely possible that groups of souls are so similar, that they can be made into "soul families" so to speak. Each soul has a certain vibration, and people with similar vibrations are very similar in personality. So I don't doubt this concept.

white_wolf

Someone dear to me, a twin soul you could say, is an indigo.

Some have called me an indigo.

I don't know. What is important is who you are, and that is not a title.

Master Vigil

Welcome to the forums White Wolf! I love your name, since my soul is half wolf, and my spirit guides are all white wolves. :D

I look forward to your posts.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Shadow Wolf said:
My youngest nephew almost perfectly fits the description of that article, I can even sence his higher state of awereness, maybe he is an indigo. I really don't like labels like that that would make some seem more special because of a trait thier born with.
I agree with you on the label part to a point. Except I know of many children who are glad to know that they belong to some group. Most indigos do not do well in school, and are treated as ADD/ADHD, and they are made to feel that something is wrong with them. I think identifying themselves as a special group of enlightened spirits is a much better alternative than telling them they are 'mentally' unhealthy.

Master Vigil

~Lord Roghen~ said:
i dont believe spirituality can change ones skin pigment
Perhaps you missed the point. Indigo is a color often seen in the auras of these children. Not the actual color of their skin. :D

evearael

I've been told my daughter is an indigo. I believe she is wonderful and special, lovely and dear, full of joy and life. I feel that all children need love, nurturing and understanding and that society is quick to cast away those who don't fit the accepted norm. That said, I don't buy the indigo phenomenon as something unusual. If it motivates people to treat their children with dignity and love, that's fine, but it is seems grounded more strongly in a romantic ideal of evolution for a utopian future, and less grounded in reality.

Super Universe

Defender of God
The human species is evolving but much too slowly. The Lucifer Rebellion created some problems that are being dealt with.

Angelic beings have chosen to come and quicken our evolution for there is a schedule that cannot be changed. Though not entirely our fault, we were really taking a very long time with it on our own.

The 'Indigo children' usually do not like to be touched and they will easily dismiss information that humans have accepted as truth for centuries. This is because they have an extremely strong feeling of individuality and personal responsibility.

They trust themselves more than they trust humans.

Provide as much freedom for them as you can. Provide love and understanding, and most of all, watch and learn.

finalfrogo

I'm not sure what to think. I'd believe in such beings if there was substantial and satisfactory evidence supporting their existence, which there doesn't seem to be. But I cannot completely rule the concept out just because of deficiency in evidence. If people say they exist, I must consider the possibility.

finalfrogo

Master Vigil said:
I counsel indigo children. They are just like us, just more "in tuned" and gifted. Not all have blue eyes. :D I think they have always existed, and I wouldn't doubt that Lao Tzu, Buddha, Jesus, St. Francis, etc... were Indigo children. :D

I must admit, you have invoked my curiosity. What are they like? How do you know that they're actually indigo children? How do you counsel them?

finalfrogo

Super Universe said:
The human species is evolving but much too slowly. The Lucifer Rebellion created some problems that are being dealt with.

Angelic beings have chosen to come and quicken our evolution for there is a schedule that cannot be changed. Though not entirely our fault, we were really taking a very long time with it on our own.

The 'Indigo children' usually do not like to be touched and they will easily dismiss information that humans have accepted as truth for centuries. This is because they have an extremely strong feeling of individuality and personal responsibility.

They trust themselves more than they trust humans.

Provide as much freedom for them as you can. Provide love and understanding, and most of all, watch and learn.

Explain. From where are you accumulating these notions?

evearael

According to the Skeptics Dictionary:
Indigo child The term "Indigo Child" comes from psychic and synesthete Nancy Ann Tappe, who classified people's personalities according to the hue of their auras.
Usually each universal age is accompanied by a preponderance of people with that life color. For instance now most adults are either Blue or Violet, the two colors with the attributes most needed in this the Violet Age of transition. During the next age, the Indigo Age, Indigo colors will be the norm (Understanding Your Life Through Color 1982).
According to Tappe,
The Indigo phenomenon has been recognized as one of the most exciting changes in human nature ever documented in society. The Indigo label describes the energy pattern of human behavior which exists in over 95% of the children born in the last 10 years … This phenomena is happening globally and eventually the Indigos will replace all other colors. As small children, Indigo’s are easy to recognize by their unusually large, clear eyes. Extremely bright, precocious children with an amazing memory and a strong desire to live instinctively, these children of the next millennium are sensitive, gifted souls with an evolved consciousness who have come here to help change the vibrations of our lives and create one land, one globe and one species. They are our bridge to the future.*
According to Peggy Day and Susan Gale, the emergence of the Indigo children was foretold by Edgar Cayce long before Tappe's aura labeling.
The Indigo Children is a book by Lee Carroll, a channeler for an entity he calls Kryon, and his wife Jan Tober.
Carroll was an economics major who ran a technical audio business for 30 years until a visit to a psychic prompted a New Age midlife crisis. He found religion and started traveling around the world giving "self-help" seminars. Accompanying him was Tober, a practitioner of metaphysics and hands-on healing as well as a jazz singer who had toured with Benny Goodman and Fred Astaire (Krider 2002).
Kyron has revealed such important messages as "love is the most powerful force in the entire universe." Carroll and Tober travel the world putting on Kryon seminars. Kryon has many interests, including the Universal Calibration Lattice and EMF Balancing (empowerment through knowledge of your electromagnetic nature, i.e., how to manage your energy field which consist of "fibers of light and energy").
One thesis of The Indigo Children seems to be that many children diagnosed as having attention deficit disorder (ADD) or ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) represent "a new kind of evolution of humanity."* These children don't need drugs like Ritalin, but special care and training. The book consists of dozens of articles by authors from many walks of life. It is, accordingly, inconsistent and uneven in quality of analysis and advice. Nancy Ann Tappe is a contributor. One of the authors is Robert Gerard, Ph.D., whose piece is called "Emissaries from Heaven." He believes his daughter is an Indigo Child. He also thinks "Most Indigos see angels and other beings in the etheric." He runs Oughten House Foundation, Inc., and sells angel cards. Another contributor is Doreen Virtue, an advocate of angel therapy who has found an even further evolved generation of children is now emerging: the Crystal children.
Not all the contributors are on the fringe of New Age metaphysics, however. For example, Dr. Judith Spitler McKee is a former preschool and elementary teacher and retired Eastern Michigan University professor. She spends her time trying to interest children in reading.

evearael

So... do you trust someone who claims to be a psychic? Do you trust someone who claims to channels an entity called Kryon? Do you have a conflicting source that states that the originator of the term does not claim to be a psychic? Do you have a conflicting source that states that the author of the book The Indigo Children doesn't claim to channel Kryon?