• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indigo Children?

Do Indigos exsist?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • No!

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Unsure...

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

WeAreAllOne

How many of you belive Indigos exsist? (please dont take into acount what youve heard on the News, most of that is eather untrue or incomplete.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Personally, I think that just because some people are more intune to thier spiritualness doesn't make them special. I fit allmost all of the typical descriptions of an indigo child, and yet I don't feel special.

The Black Whirlwind

i'm sorry, but i find the concept, very, very stupid. what makes you special if you're an indigo? do you have some "foresight" or are inherently more "spiritual", because you were born on some year and have blue eyes? it ranks on par with people who can "hear" spirits.

WeAreAllOne

Fat Kat Matt said:
i'm sorry, but i find the concept, very, very stupid. what makes you special if you're an indigo? do you have some "foresight" or are inherently more "spiritual", because you were born on some year and have blue eyes? it ranks on par with people who can "hear" spirits.
This really has nothing to do with it, hence my media warning above. The basic idea has to do with a genaration that will greatly challange our current social structure, and help the human race evolve to the next level of awareness.

gnomon

I was about to paste a listing of how to recognize "indigo children" but unfortunately I'm using firefox. I'm also too lazy to take the less than one minute transition it would take to swith to IE. Anyway, perusing the net on how to spot an indigo child it is quite apparent that the whole thing is just another idiotic (that's right) way of using that broad new age brush to paint certain people as being special without any empirical evidence at all.

I wonder if people who believe in indigo children just toss the non-indigo's aside as evolutionary has beens.

Master Vigil

I counsel indigo children. They are just like us, just more "in tuned" and gifted. Not all have blue eyes. :D I think they have always existed, and I wouldn't doubt that Lao Tzu, Buddha, Jesus, St. Francis, etc... were Indigo children. :D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
gnomon said:
I was about to paste a listing of how to recognize "indigo children" but unfortunately I'm using firefox. I'm also too lazy to take the less than one minute transition it would take to swith to IE. Anyway, perusing the net on how to spot an indigo child it is quite apparent that the whole thing is just another idiotic (that's right) way of using that broad new age brush to paint certain people as being special without any empirical evidence at all.

I wonder if people who believe in indigo children just toss the non-indigo's aside as evolutionary has beens.
Tell me if there is another specific site from which you want me to publish, but in the meantime, form http://huri.net/wt/view/page/indigoworld/0502/01

Indigo Children
By: Lenn Delorie
2005-02-26

Ninety percent of preteens today are evolved human beings called Indigo?s. These children display rare extra-ordinary attributes including heightened sensitivity and the ability to perceive and communicate on many levels at once. These children have reincarnated in order to bring our world back into harmony.

The oldest of the Indigo?s is said to be in their forties, with thousands of Indigos in their thirties, and millions in their twenties. The first Indigo trail blazers would have seemed a bit odd, like they didn?t belong. They would have tried to fit in, and some of them would have but they always had a different path to follow and were not easily led.

The Indigo?s have come to teach us how to operate as one, with a future world of harmony and peace. They are very smart and by the time they are eighteen months most are able to talk, and know their ABC?s. These babies are not only prime candidates for the gifted and talented program, many of them can understand, follow and put into practice two step commands. For example they can identify the remote control of your TV, pick up the controller and turn it on.

The Indigo?s are the next step in humanity?s evolution. Some children born with AIDS, are able to eradicate the immune deficiency disease by the time they are five years old. These children don't have normal human DNA and may herald the end of disease. Indigo?s rebel against lies which they will sense by viewing the persons aura, and they will not accept untruths from those that they love. They want us to live our own Truth not another?s. Many Indigo?s are unable to see the logic of what some of the elder baby boomers consider important. For this boomer generation having more toys, is the goal to strive for and winning is the ultimate goal even if that cost of winning is to the detriment of other people.

Over the last twenty years behavioral problems have been on the rise. These include ADD and ADHD. There are also many more cases of Bio-chemical imbalances and allergies being diagnosed. All of these problems are related to the brain, but if you are talking about an evolved human being what is normal? Indigo children have different kinds of brains and they are often mis-diagnosed , because our professionals are not able to recognize the symptoms of Indigo children.

They have an increased sensitivity to sugar and food additives. The level of frustration that they feel with their heightened sensitivity can be found in the increasing frequency of senseless crimes, suicide and drug use among teens. They have already shifted the focus of humanity and empowered many people by awakening them to who they really are. They have done well, and will now begin to change the systems that relate to children. When they move into adulthood we will watch miracles unfold as they change those systems as well. Imagine what the world will be like as the first Indigo world leaders take their place.

Melody

WeAreAllOne said:
The basic idea has to do with a genaration that will greatly challange our current social structure, and help the human race evolve to the next level of awareness.
An entire generation....or just a few unique individuals? If an entire generation, then the current batch of humans suggests that it hasn't happened yet. If a few unique individuals, then every generation has those.

It's just a label for people to stick on themselves to make themselves feel "special". Too sad they don't realize they already are and have no need of a fad label.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I do not support this concept and feel it is just more starry-eyed New Age quackery. As one other mentioned they fit the bill to a T, as do I. I have only felt special in the sense that I know that there is nothing special about me in the slightest. I intensely dislike any concept that takes one group and labels them as being "Kewl" as that is simply saying that everyone else is not. Not terribly enlightened thinking.

WeAreAllOne

Not an entire generation, but a great majorty of it, they havent had a chance to make the largest diffrance yet. Most were born between 1985-1999, so they say. but they have been around in small numbers in all generations.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My youngest nephew almost perfectly fits the description of that article, I can even sence his higher state of awereness, maybe he is an indigo. I really don't like labels like that that would make some seem more special because of a trait thier born with.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
YmirGF said:
I do not support this concept and feel it is just more starry-eyed New Age quackery. As one other mentioned they fit the bill to a T, as do I. I have only felt special in the sense that I know that there is nothing special about me in the slightest. I intensely dislike any concept that takes one group and labels them as being "Kewl" as that is simply saying that everyone else is not. Not terribly enlightened thinking.
You have given out too much Karma in the Last 24 Hours. . . Gutted.

I think the concept of Indigo Children being born different is incorrect, but I believe there are people who achieve what you are speaking about. We all have the potential for this. It's just a question of whether or not you think like that. There's nothing special or different about these people. They have chosen to think differently.

Master Vigil

I want to say that all children born gifted could be said to be indigo. I don't like the term, because it can give children Big Heads (so to speak). So all of the children I counsel, I always teach them to be humble. They can just do things that others can't (psychic, telempathic, sensitive, etc...).

I see it like this. Mechanics work on cars, gardners work with plants, athletes work in sports, actors act, etc... Children said to be Indigo just work in a different area. That's all.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Master Vigil, I have great respect for your ideas.

My point is that I see nothing new in these children. Such children have always been with us. I am not denying that. I think what is new is that we are beginning learn HOW to train them. THAT is the only thing new. In that respect, I applaud your efforts. :)

Master Vigil

And I have great respect for yours! It is true that nothing is new in them. Like I said before, Lao Tzu, Jesus, Buddha, etc... were all probably "indigo". The problem with todays societies is that alot of "new agers" are using marketing strategies to better their businesses (stores, holistic centers, personal practices, etc...). And thus, the term Indigo was born. That's all it is. Marketing.

But there is truth however behind the marketing. One of the children I counsel is EXTREMELY powerful. She just needs to learn what it is she can and does do. Alot of these kids are also just gifted. And many schools have had gifted programs for many years. I see nothing different between the math geniuses and indigo children. Many kids are gifted painters, poets, musicians, ec... It is the parents who want this "marketing scheme" to work in their favor that see the difference.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Master Vigil said:
The problem with todays societies is that alot of "new agers" are using marketing strategies to better their businesses (stores, holistic centers, personal practices, etc...). And thus, the term Indigo was born. That's all it is. Marketing.

But there is truth however behind the marketing. One of the children I counsel is EXTREMELY powerful. She just needs to learn what it is she can and does do. Alot of these kids are also just gifted. And many schools have had gifted programs for many years. I see nothing different between the math geniuses and indigo children. Many kids are gifted painters, poets, musicians, ec... It is the parents who want this "marketing scheme" to work in their favor that see the difference.
It must be very exciting to see close up. I am heartened that you try to teach them to be humble. Excellent. I doubt I have to tell you how easy it is to feel superior to others. It is a tempting seductress.

I would assume humility and compassion are also on the list. Armed with those tools, who can say what they can do. I also assume that each child/candidate is different, but are any focused on dreaming?

anders

WeAreAllOne said:
How many of you belive Indigos exsist?
A concept unknown to me. I tried a link provided, but the lot looks like ordinary superstition to me.
"communicate on many levels at once" (Michel) Well, so does every woman.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
anders said:
A concept unknown to me. I tried a link provided, but the lot looks like ordinary superstition to me.
"communicate on many levels at once" (Michel) Well, so does every woman.
True........;)

I would say though that there are people who do believe in 'groups'.

I was once introduced to a couple by a friend of mine (who was a crairvoyant) - and he said something to me once which was so spot on and absolutely impossible to know about me, since I had never mentioned this to another soul. Anyway, the couple he introduced me to were also clairvoyants.

The lady looked at me a bit pzzled for a while, and as I shook he rhand, she said "Gosh ......I haven't seen one of you for years; how wonderful!"

I was young at the time, and didn't say anything, but as soon as I was alone with my friend, I asked him what she had meant.

He told me that the lady was particularly interested on 'keeping tabs' of various groups of Souls, and that, according to her I was one of the 'Happy Children'.........

I didn't ask any more, the idea of my youth having been 'happy' was a bit much..but thinking about it all these years, there are certain aspects of me that will never grow up - the child in me is still there, itching to get out.:D