• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In your belief why God created us

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You think God is bored

Being all-knowing, all-powerful seems like it'd be pretty boring. No mystery, no adventure. Couldn't even play a game of Chess without already knowing who was going to win.

So make a bunch of autonomous folks and see what happens. Do something to mess with their heads every once in a while. World flood, killing all the firstborn, rising from the dead etc...

moon light

even mind can not be trusted only inspiration
If there was a god, I dont see it apart from the universe as a whole. Through, it, and as god, we are born, live, grow ill, and die to go through the process again in different forms thats part of the earth. For the universe to be a god, by definition, it would need to be worshiped. Since we are in, through, and as god, there is no need for worship outside of culture. Living is worship itself.
Well we worship Him because He created us

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Once there was a god who, having lived a million years, was bored and thus desired to create something He could laugh at.

Once there was a goddess who, also having lived a million years, was equally bored and equally desired to create something that might end even the fiercest boredom -- which is by all accounts, the boredom of the gods and goddesses.

Unlike the God, however, the Goddess thought something to laugh at would not be quite enough to break her boredom. Yet She was at a loss to think of what might be enough until suddenly -- in the flash of but a single, brief, fleeting millennium -- it struck Her: She would create something to cry over.

Naturally, when the two at last met, they together created humanity.

And both were satisfied.

dianaiad

Because He needed some place to "test" and teach His kids. It's 'boot camp." Sorta.

In my belief system, we are quite literally His children. Which I THINK puts a bit of a new spin on the 'creation' idea.

moon light

Once there was a god who, having lived a million years, was bored and thus desired to create something He could laugh at.

Once there was a goddess who, also having lived a million years, was equally bored and equally desired to create something that might end even the fiercest boredom -- which is by all accounts, the boredom of the gods and goddesses.

Unlike the God, however, the Goddess thought something to laugh at would not be quite enough to break her boredom. Yet She was at a loss to think of what might be enough until suddenly -- in the flash of but a single, brief, fleeting millennium -- it struck Her: She would create something to cry over.

Naturally, when the two at last met, they together created humanity.

And both were satisfied.
This is probably good for children before bedtime

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner

Well I suppose Brahma made the conditions for life to develop because he's creative and generous with gifts. He is one of the more benevolent gods by disposition, it seems.

Of course, Brahma only made the conditions. As a polytheist speaking- he didn't shape human development alone.

I'm pretty sure Brahma has felt great sorrow at times for how things turned out. He couldn't have known everything that would happen.

Brahma is one of the most important and widely invoked gods of the traditional Buddhist pantheon.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Some strange life forces go about learning and learning throughout eternity, and they gets bored if they cant create. So they invented nanotechnology, and created us with their giant organic lego set. Trial and error, and adaptation on the fly. So they have a vast eternal memory, and live in the immaterial sea of life. Forever trying to make worthwhile things. Perhaps they are constrained by the limits of the universes.

Curiousity and exploration are their main motivations.

moon light

There's no verifiable evidence that any god(s) created anything.[/QUOTE]
Well where did we come from?