• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Trump’s America; the right, not the left, are the real haters

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I posted some statistics awhile back that showed the increase in polarization is mainly coming from the Right, while the Left has remained fairly constant in their polarization. Nothing outside historical norm for the Left while the Right had a noticeable spike.

Let me find it and I will edit it in.

***Edit: Here it is:

polar_house_means_2014.png

This graph is the House.

You can see there is somewhat of a downward trend in the Dems but nothing too unusual, expect for maybe the Southern Democrats, as it looks like they have had a slow moving alignment towards the other dems; however, the Republicans seem to really start to shoot off in the late 70's (just a note, but I think it was around the mid 1930's that the two parties swapped).

If you look at say from Reagan on that would probably be more relevant. Reagan is considered to be the President who set the stage for the current Republican party.

And this is the Senate:

polar_senate_means_2014.png

Looks kind of the same, maybe more moderate Republicans than the House.

Political Polarization

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I posted some statistics awhile back that showed the increase in polarization is mainly coming from the Right, while the Left has remained fairly constant in their polarization. Nothing outside historical norm for the Left while the Right had a noticeable spike.

Let me find it and I will edit it in.

***Edit: Here it is:

polar_house_means_2014.png

This graph is the House.

You can see there is somewhat of a downward trend in the Dems but nothing too unusual, expect for maybe the Southern Democrats, as it looks like they have had a slow moving alignment towards the other dems; however, the Republicans seem to really start to shoot off in the late 70's (just a note, but I think it was around the mid 1930's that the two parties swapped).

If you look at say from Reagan on that would probably be more relevant. Reagan is considered to be the President who set the stage for the current Republican party.

And this is the Senate:

polar_senate_means_2014.png

Looks kind of the same, maybe more moderate Republicans than the House.

Political Polarization
Congratulations on the lefts stable-ness.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, of course, one side is always going to blame the other. One is going to find haters all across the political spectrum, from left to right. Some people just like to stir the pot.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Please note the last four topics you have posted:

Here’s A List Of Every Single Trump Lie Since He Took Office
Study: when it comes to detecting racial inequality, white Christians have a blind spot
The Senate GOP hid the meanest things very deeply in its Obamacare repeal bill. We found them

Accordingly, it would appear that you are a leftist, anti-Christian hater with a blind spot for racial equality.

Please discuss.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Of course the tea party supporters are going to be the angriest. It all depends on the information sources. Liberals don't hate conservatives, they think they're just uninformed and gullible. But conservatives sure do hate liberals.

Ask a progressive what they think of conservatives and they'll say "uninformed, stupid, gullible."
Ask a conservative what they think of 'liberals' and they'll say "illegal, gay, welfare, anti-christian, anti-American, anti-constitution, etc."

The chart above indicates the right started getting fringey back when Roger Ailes was working with Reagan. Then Roger created Fox and the spike increased. Since then, the propaganda mills have only increased with social media and the internet.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Study: when it comes to detecting racial inequality, white Christians have a blind spot
The Senate GOP hid the meanest things very deeply in its Obamacare repeal bill. We found them

Accordingly, it would appear that you are a leftist, anti-Christian hater with a blind spot for racial equality.

Please discuss.

Your juvenile reasoning and shouting fails to impress me. But no doubt you'll impress an idiot or two.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Your juvenile reasoning and shouting fails to impress me. But no doubt you'll impress an idiot or two.
Worked for me. I'm such a deplorable idiot though. Odd, most of my life it's a term that has never applied to me. Sure, there are some of those special moments when I used the term idiot towards myself, but I don't recall anyone ever saying it to my face. I'm actually quite clever as frost giants go.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Worked for me. I'm such a deplorable idiot though. Odd, most of my life it's a term that has never applied to me. Sure, there are some of those special moments when I used the term idiot towards myself, but I don't recall anyone ever saying it to my face. I'm actually quite clever as frost giants go.

Whoa, be careful there, you are gonna break your arm if you pat yourself on the back any harder.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

Please discuss.

What on Earth does that prove? The polarization has been well documented and researched, the evidence points to there being more polarization on the Right than the Left.