• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Christianity, is Satan Evil, or Does Satan Merely Do Evil?

In Christianity, is Satan evil? Or does Satan merely do evil without himself actually being evil?

Please Note: If Satan is evil, rather than merely an entity that does evil, then God -- who has created Satan -- has created evil (and hence it cannot be said of God that everything he does is good)....

If person does evil, he is evil. Bible tells Satan was not originally evil, he chose evil and rejected God. Evil is only lack of good, and God has created beings who can reject good and so choose evil, which is like emptiness or nothing really.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In Christianity, is Satan evil? Or does Satan merely do evil without himself actually being evil?
Please Note: If Satan is evil, rather than merely an entity that does evil, then God -- who has created Satan -- has created evil (and hence it cannot be said of God that everything he does is good).
On the other hand, if Satan is merely an entity that does evil, then God -- who presumably has the power to prevent Satan from doing evil -- condones evil when he does not prevent Satan from doing it (and hence, it cannot be said that God never condones evil)...........................

Satan turned himself into a Satan a Devil or as James 1:13-15 says each one is drawn out by one's own desire.
Satan wanted humans to worship him. In order for that to happen Satan needed humans to break God's Law.
So, from the beginning, or the start of Satan doing wrong and wanting to be worshipped he became evil.

Also, in Scripture 'evil' is Not always synonymous with wrong doing - Isaiah 45:7
Rather, used in the sense in the way of 'calamity' for the wicked - Isaiah 26:10; Psalms 92:7
Even sinner Satan will see 'evil or calamity' because he will be destroyed by Jesus according to Hebrews 2:14 B.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The spiritual human highest scientific reasoning is all about God and creation and the reason for the presence of God first.

God science, which cannot be interpreted today with modern day science symbolism, for modern day science never represented the theme God in creation as a very simple fact.

Males in the invention of science said....eternal existed, as the body that sent God out from it.

Eternal, the meaning without knowing it...for never before had it been changed.....always existed, always had existed and always will exist.

Spatial creation, God sent into oblivion....2 forms of God.

The self destructive God that rebelled in its owned body O a Sun body.
The self healing/self evolving God body...that became our Holy Angel o stone.

The Sun body became evil for it rejected God, to become stone.....sent stone into a mass ejection...and continued into metallic radiation as a self consuming God in hell body.

Ancient science symbolism of reasoning in the sciences.

So says, proof of God moving into oblivion.....as it is self consuming, space opens, as Mass O never owned any space. As it burns, it loses self presence and space expands, as it opens.

God the angel eventually will fall into oblivion.

Earth is just a slower God form......yet if the Earth was no longer irradiated, eventually its heavenly gases as night time proves would lose light, being burning gases and return to just being a non burning clear light gas.

Its holy origins.

Males knew that the Sun attacked Earth and set alight its gases and returned it to a lesser body....de evolved it.

So knew right from the start that the Sun consumes and removes as the theory of relativity about the Sun, a consuming, remover of energy/presence and spirit.

Did not create it.

We live as a bio life form....the burning gas light...if we went into it would burn us to death...natural light.

So males had to say, natural light is illuminated, and know it will burn you...so do not claim it as Holy as what you state.

Microbial bodies in the water is our energy in our water life presence.

Change Holy Water, change our microbes, our cells cannot form correctly we get sick.

Our Water, in its vibration, a Holy star, made in the Image of our stone God the ATOM....science relativity.

The Sun was a known evil body...Hell, where the devils were burning, held locked in Hell......release them, they travel to earth in spatially cooled UFO metal mass...attack our natural God spirit history, form a devil and release it as an alien...whereas those forms of evil spirits cannot be formed in Hell...Sun burning.

You gave them a form, as a Satanic male...science, knew you did. Described your own actions, your brothers know you are all liars, and always taught against you.

Need any other advice about how wrong you are.

And if you wonder who I am talking to....angels actually, not devils.

Devils do not talk and never talked.

MNoBody

How can any sentient being imagine they will develop strength if they have nothing to resist?
If the weights in the gym are all styrofoam props, then how does the muscle grow?
kind of pointless then, wouldn't it be?
satan is a concept that implies the principle of resistance, notwithstanding all the rest of the anthropomorphic twaddle that gets passes around as knowledge

rational experiences

Veteran Member
How can any sentient being imagine they will develop strength if they have nothing to resist?
If the weights in the gym are all styrofoam props, then how does the muscle grow?
kind of pointless then, wouldn't it be?
satan is a concept that implies the principle of resistance, notwithstanding all the rest of the anthropomorphic twaddle that gets passes around as knowledge
You mean how can a human learn its own lessons, when it never learns in science?

That is because science is a liar and was only the Destroyer....no strength in destruction is there.

When innocence is harmed, and loves its humanity, sees it suffering and dying and being tortured due to Satanists, science....then it will fight for its own rights, its humanity, for it knows it always wanted to own a life, to live as a spiritual human and to own what was given to self....innocence, health and family unity.

And that strength only comes about by the status, self motivation.

Your claim about Satan is total b.s.…..you want Satan to be what modern science explains as modern science explanations...which ancient science never owned any explanation of.

Reasoning for your explanations today....you realize, like spiritual humanity that the Earth gases have changed their Nature....all laws that you describe for science, you experience within the Earth atmospheric body...so you give laws to the cosmos that the cosmos never owned...a human being male life, its self conscious awareness...living inside of an atmosphere.

Relativity that you cannot remove self in experience from as conscious explanation.

MNoBody

that was only an aspect, a mere fragment of a much bigger and inclusive idea.....
take it however you will though, that is your privilege.
peace

Etritonakin

Isa 45:6That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Some might call it blasphemy, but God's mercy never fails. It is the will of God that all do good, have life, have it abundantly -and forever -but they must choose it.
The devil was not always so -perfect in his ways from the day he was created -until iniquity was found in him.

Though perhaps the most powerful, talented, wise, etc., of God's created beings, he was also NEW and INEXPERIENCED.
It is not impossible that he could be God's prodigal son -but that is between him and God.

Jude 1:8Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Rashid Nidea

I was once a Christian and thank God I've become a Muslim, at least knowing some intricacies that Christianity cannot truly explain.

In Islam, Satan was created from smokeless fire, therefore, he is a jinn. The fact is, there were some jinns who accepted Islam. Thus, in this context, they are like human, some are evil and some are not.

In my opinion, God purposely made evil in this world so mankind may decipher what is good from evil. He should know how to avoid evil from all the warnings He gave to mankind; from the revelations given to His prophets. Through evil, man would constantly ask Him for protection and God is All-Knowing, the Most Merciful.

God loves man who committed evit yet ask Him for forgiveness. I read in Qur'an or may be Hadith, that says if man is soo good and does not commit mistakes, He may change mankind into some other beings, meaning the love of God is greater when man commits a sin and ask for His forgiveness and guidance.

Angels were created from light and their mindset is just to follow what God wants them to do, they cannot refuse, they don't have the ability to do so unlike man or jinn who were given the option to think otherwise. Therefore, it is wrong to say Lucifer or Satan is a fallen angel, he's not! He's a Jinn.

Jinn and mankind were created with the option to follow what they think is good for them, evil or not. But man, unlike Jinn has the ability to repent from his sins. And this is the most dearest gift God has given mankind, repentance from his mistakes.

Why does God love mankind more than angels and jinn? It's because we repent and ask for His forgiveness no matter how grave it is! And what is it that man possess why he was created in the first place? When Adam first opened his eyes, God asked the angels and jinn to prostrate towards this new creation, but Iblees (arabic word for Satan) being arrogant didn't do so, hence God made him an outcast. Iblees said: “O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected.” Allah said: “Then, verily, you are of those reprieved, “Till the Day of the time appointed” (Quran, Surah al-Hijr: 36 – 38).

Adam was commanded by God to name that which he sees around him. So Adam gave names to all His creations, trees, mountains, animals, etc. The angels and jinn were aghast how this new creation new something they didn't know. That's how we are today, naming every particles we see or cannot see, even the microscopic bacteria we have a name for it, every single part of our body we have a name for it, every single plant and animal in the planet we have a name for it, the streets we go through we have names for them, and so on.

Hope I have given you a good perspective why we should always depend and ask our Creator for guidance and protection from the outcast Satan.

And Allah knows best.

[/QUOTE]

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The teachings against the Sun.

Ask a human being male who says I am a Son of God what he meant....versus the Sun!

Very similar statement....yet identified that he was not the Sun, just in a simple WORD.

Therefore when humans as males invented the state science as a male brotherhood agreement....which the story says they did....then they claim their life is with God or the meaning Allah....all breaths...meaning all God the stone spirit bodies.

Always claiming in the sciences and God owns those spirits as the form stone...and no one or body was before O the stone planet.....for the Sun was not before Earth as some males try to preach.

O angels of God in space were all equal.

Now if you ask a science question...what is the difference notated in space, between a Sun as a burning mass of metal radiation and the Earth as stone....to asteroids/meteors/comets as stones also?

Smaller bodies.

o and O therefore own claim to being mass of smaller bodies.

Now if you are a male who invented the statements for pi O a circle is a stone circle as a circle the same as the circle for a Sun?

The answer should be no.

But I bet that is not your answer in science.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If you remove the notion that Satan is a specific being then you no longer have a scapegoat for evil.
One would have to accept that The Satan is something inside of us that we have to constantly be vigilant against.
OR
Give God the credit for evil.
Which I have noticed is something that the vast majority of Christians are not able to do.

So if Satan is really nothing more than a part of us, and God created us in his own image, then it stands to reason that evil comes from God.

To apply this to your two scenarios:
Scenario A

So far as I can see, your notion of Satan is pretty far out in left field for Christians. I suppose you could argue -- as you have -- that the Bible supports your notion, and does not support the more common Christian notions, but doesn't that assume the Bible defines Christianity? As I understand it, the view that the Bible defines Christianity is an ideal of certain Christian sects (mostly fundamentalist Protestant), but the view has fairly little basis in fact. So I think you're going out on a limb when you claim that a view of Satan which is not held by many -- if any -- Christians is a Christian view simply because it can be found in the Bible. Put differently, you are assuming that Christianity is wholly defined by the Bible. But while that is an ideal of some Christians, it is nowhere a reality. Even the most fundamentalist of Christians depart from the Bible in key ways.

Ebionite

Please Note: If Satan is evil, rather than merely an entity that does evil, then God -- who has created Satan -- has created evil (and hence it cannot be said of God that everything he does is good).

A dimension of peace and evil means that free will is meaningful. Rewarding good for good and evil for evil is essential to justice, which is also called righteousness.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHWH do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So far as I can see, your notion of Satan is pretty far out in left field for Christians.
Most Christians, yes.
However, my view was brought to my attention by a Christain...

I suppose you could argue -- as you have -- that the Bible supports your notion and does not support the more common Christian notions, but doesn't that assume the Bible defines Christianity?
I merely gave my personal view of The Satan based on my understanding of what is written in the Bible.
How you got from that to "Bible defines Christianity" is beyond me.

As I understand it, the view that the Bible defines Christianity is an ideal of certain Christian sects (mostly fundamentalist Protestant), but the view has fairly little basis in fact. So I think you're going out on a limb when you claim that a view of Satan which is not held by many -- if any -- Christians is a Christian view simply because it can be found in the Bible.
Where did I make this claim?

Put differently, you are assuming that Christianity is wholly defined by the Bible. But while that is an ideal of some Christians, it is nowhere a reality. Even the most fundamentalist of Christians depart from the Bible in key ways.
huh?
What makes you think I think Christianity is wholly defined by the Bible?

Seems you have left out some stuff that would help your post make better sense.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Most Christians, yes.
However, my view was brought to my attention by a Christain...

I merely gave my personal view of The Satan based on my understanding of what is written in the Bible.
How you got from that to "Bible defines Christianity" is beyond me.

Where did I make this claim?

huh?
What makes you think I think Christianity is wholly defined by the Bible?

Seems you have left out some stuff that would help your post make better sense.

I'm afraid we're not communicating.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Males in science quote....the Universe once existed in a hot dense state.

How does that not say....so God in the past was evil?

Why would a human living on a stone planet that has earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, tornadoes and hurricanes, caused floods and lightning strikes fires....not claim and by the way God is evil?

If a human lives and says, I am only my own self...a human and I am innocent.

I never asked to be living on this planet...the planet is evil...and the planet he says is God.

Would they not be considered rational?

Now if a human only being a human says to self....I was forced to live on this planet due to what the UFO from the Sun did...and it forced me to come out of spirit....for it sacrificed the original natural Earth God historic heavenly body gases...not burning.

And burnt them and set them alight.

Would you not spiritually come to the self realization that you would claim self, human holy and the acts of God all evil....as a theme and story against spirit itself?

For I would.

I would also then say, okay brother in the past, I understand how you must have felt being left on Earth alone in the Nature Garden as the theme...first scientists.

And what you thought was a holy act for self life release....in an act of destruction.

Where the spiritual theme in human consciousness claimed and science in destruction is a holy life sacrifice against self....for you never believed you would have to return to life ever again.

So then you tell a story about other O God bodies that burst into Satan black holes...and say....and that was where Earth was meant to go also....and not realize that it is a true story!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I believe references to satan or lucifer are speaking about the ego of man, his lower nature and such.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I learnt that the male human ego is just a one worded male statement about his own inability to not lie.

Seeing he personally invented science when spiritually he was advised originally not to.

God themes as an argument owned that argument for a male purpose. For if a male said God is natural light but it burns, then they would say God was evil. So males said Lucifer terms were Holy in argument so males would claim, no God in natural light is Holy not Lucifer but realize that of course natural light is gases burning and that form of light would burn your bio life also.

How spirituality was once taught for a real spiritual self purposeful argument so that you would realize that science was just evil itself...what our brothers realized, as they learnt.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I'm afraid we're not communicating.
I agree.
I was under the impression the OP was about what, if any, credit God gets for the existence of evil and out of nowhere (to me at least) you start talking about Bible defining Christianity.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I agree.
I was under the impression the OP was about what, if any, credit God gets for the existence of evil and out of nowhere (to me at least) you start talking about Bible defining Christianity.

To me, you are misinterpreting the OP and my other comments. The points you ascribe to me are not mine.