• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you really want total political freedom, vote Democrat but...

PureX

Veteran Member
I have no interest in anything coming from either political party. Partisanship is a blight on our political system and will prove a primary contributor to the dissolution of our society if more people don't likewise shun their insanity. If you are looking for a defense of Republicans or their party, you're looking in the wrong place.
How about a solution, then, instead of defense.

Let's vote out every incumbent candidate regardless of party unless and until we get one that acts and not just talks about campaign finance reform? Because until the legalized bribery is stopped, both parties are just toadies for their corporate sponsors.

wellwisher

Last I checked, people are moving to LA and NYC.

This is immigrant looking for a substitute third world country with better benefits.

I think freedom will come from Democrats. They will create an environment where we care for the future, help each other, and provide opportunities. They want to lay the cornerstone for ever more freedom.

Republicans want to simply create freedom, not deal with long-term issues that keep improving things, like an infrustructure bill.
The biggest problem is the national debt in the USA. The interest alone on the debt is becoming a larger and larger percent of the tax revenue. Military spending is now at $877 billion.

Interest on the national debt will hit $5.4 trillion by 2053​

This is an international disgrace. Cuts need to be made to spending, before all tax revenue is needed to just pay off previous debt, used to boost politicians, in the short term election cycles. What are the boneheads thinking?

This is part of the reason other countries are seeking to create a new currency. They are afraid of the American sinking ship, defaulting, due to the insatiable appetite of the Left; borrow and spend the USA into bankruptcy via their dependency and entitlement mentality.

The green energy program wanted $7 trillion to increase the national debt even faster to the breaking point, but it was pared down to $2 trillion, still leading to inflation. To tame inflation, they needed to raise interests rates, leading to higher interest on all the previous debt. The Democrats now want to borrow $100's of billions, to pay off students loans, that they created, while not bringing colleges to the table? What rip off of scam is this? Colleges are not accountable if they give donations to Democrats? This does not change the future of student loans.

The boneheads now want to spend $10's of trillions in debt on their climate change scam. That will sink the ship. They expect to skim and be set up for the collapse.

This is part of the reason a government shut down would be good. The money saved can go to pay down the debt instead of stay open to add more and more to it. Only the naive and criminal finance that way.

What do Democrats think about using new credit cards, to pay off old credit cards, to create a house of cards that cannot go upward, forever? This will tell use if they truly want to see Democracy as the long term, or is about chaos and Big Brother takeover and the loss of Democracy.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The boneheads now want to spend $10's of trillions in debt on their climate change scam. That will sink the ship. They expect to skim and be set up for the collapse.
As usual, that's just partisan nonsense.

At this point in time, if anyone doesn't understand that we're experiencing global warming then they have to be oblivious to the science and even common sense as we are experiencing major changes in our climate patterns. Also, why are the Pubs and their blind followers whining about the deficit under Biden but were all fine & dandy with the single largest increase in debt under Trump and his cronies, most of which went into the coffers of the "well heeled"?

IOW, cry us a river.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I want freedom, reduction and crime and inflation, and moral responsibility, but in my lifetime I haven't seen a candidate from the Democratic party that had any interest in any of those things. Could you point me to where you're getting your information?
Let's see more citizens who know reputable media from disinformation. Then they can make better decisions and actually BE responsible citizens. When disinformation media organizations start going out of business because no one buys their garbage then we will have evidence that citizens are well informed and taking civic responsibility seriously.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is immigrant looking for a substitute third world country with better benefits.

The biggest problem is the national debt in the USA. The interest alone on the debt is becoming a larger and larger percent of the tax revenue. Military spending is now at $877 billion.

Interest on the national debt will hit $5.4 trillion by 2053​

Do you think two tax cuts for the wealthy (2001 and 2017) had something to do with this?
This is an international disgrace. Cuts need to be made to spending, before all tax revenue is needed to just pay off previous debt, used to boost politicians, in the short term election cycles. What are the boneheads thinking?
What do you suggest cutting? Let's see your list and the math, and explain how the consequences won't have a huge negative effect.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
How about a solution, then, instead of defense.

Let's vote out every incumbent candidate regardless of party unless and until we get one that acts and not just talks about campaign finance reform? Because until the legalized bribery is stopped, both parties are just toadies for their corporate sponsors.
I don't vote for these parties, so you're preaching to the choir.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I want freedom, reduction and crime and inflation, and moral responsibility, but in my lifetime I haven't seen a candidate from the Democratic party that had any interest in any of those things. Could you point me to where you're getting your information?
Nikki Haley might be better now.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
That's even worse
Nikki Haley might be better now, but:
"If you really want freedom over yourself, vote Democrat.
If you really want to stop crime and inflation, vote Democrat.
If you really want moral responsibility, vote Democrat.
But in the Matrix Insurrections they said people don't really want freedom, so oh well."

I was looking in terms of building a better platform where people can grow from instead of just leaving things the same and telling them to go ahead and grow.

Shaul

Premium Member
Just a reminder that some Jews were "illegal immigrants" as well, but then that doesn't fit into your stereotype.
Huh, I didn't know Jewish illegal immigrants were flooding NYC and LA. But then I still don't. We only have your word on that.

metis

Huh, I didn't know Jewish illegal immigrants were flooding NYC and LA. But then I still don't. We only have your word on that.
I wasn't referring to NYC nor LA, so all you're doing is playing games.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Are you serious? All the democratic cities are soft on crime. And this administration has done nothing but cause inflation.
And Trump's far-right Repuglican followers could be pursuaded to laugh along with him at an 82-year old man's (Paul Pelosi) attempted murder with a hammer to the head. Are we to believe trying to bash an elderly gentleman's brains in ISN'T crime? Are they "your sort of people?"

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
What you call freedom in America is just selfishness. It's being free to do whatever YOU want and to hell with anyone else. That's not freedom, that's just selfishness. That's the selfishness that the republican party pushes because the wealthy elites that own them want to continue doing whatever they want and to hell with the rest of us.

They tell you that when the democrats talk about social responsibility, they are trying to stop your freedom. But what they call freedom is just selfishness. And you bought their BS hook, line, and sinker.
Some people just cannot understand that there really is no freedom without responsibility. Freedom without responsibility and duty to others is not freedom at all but leads to only chaos and a further degradation of the community-binding principles that hold us together as a civilized society.

metis

Oh, so you were attempting to hijack the thread and change the subject. Got it.
No, it is you who seemingly can't remember what the OP is about, and maybe even the address of this thread above might even give you a clue.