• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you died tomorrow..

TJ73

I think the original question would have been better asked in a form such as:

If you were aware of your approaching death within the next 5 hours, would you regret anything?

=p
I'm sure I would. I always feel like there is plenty of room to do more and do better. Knowing I had lost all opportunity to do anything else to better anyone or anything including myself would lead to some regret.

BeeBooga

Silent Inquisitor
I'm sure I would. I always feel like there is plenty of room to do more and do better. Knowing I had lost all opportunity to do anything else to better anyone or anything including myself would lead to some regret.
But regretting things such as those, makes your existence less than it most likely was. Don't do more than you can do, and if you don't have anymore room to do more, and you did good things in life, it was a good existence.

TJ73

But regretting things such as those, makes your existence less than it most likely was. Don't do more than you can do, and if you don't have anymore room to do more, and you did good things in life, it was a good existence.
I agree and I do tend to beat myself up but, I feel like sometimes I am just lazy. I would love to do this and that but I just don't want to get up and do it. So I already feel regret, because i am relatively young and should do it now while i can.

Gloone

Basically would you do anything different that you didn't get a chance to do. It is a hypothetical. Like jump off a cliff into a fresh water pool.

RitalinO.D.

Assuming I was able to feel regret, I would have to say I'd probably regret not making it more of a point to have kids. I've always wanted them, but just haven't found the right person to have them with. So I guess in a way, it was kind of beyond me, so regretting it seems moot, however the feeling of regret would probably still be present.

Ilisrum

Sure, I would. I think deep down everybody has things that they regret or would want to do over, whether they're conscious of it or not. Not that I could do anything since I'm already dead.:shrug:

I ended up having sleep paralysis and my dreams turned lucid.

Is that the first time it's happened? I get sleep paralysis frequently with varying degrees of intensity. And I hate it equally each time. I find that the symptoms are a lot less persistent when I sleep on my stomach rather than my back. As for giving any special significance to it, I'd say there's really nothing to worry about. The human mind is a hell of a thing.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well I can’t say if really matters or not. I know I wouldn’t have any.I was probably in a good mood when I made this thread too and have no idea why I made it. Maybe it was the alcohol I don’t know.

Something strange happen after I made this thread though the other night.

I ended up having sleep paralysis and my dreams turned lucid. It was probably one of the most amazing nightmares I have ever had. I was pinned down to my bed, couldn’t move, and started breathing real heavy. A lot of other stuff happen, but I can’t clearly describe it. I knew I was sleeping and in a dream state, but I was conscious and couldn’t move or do anything. I would try to get up out of bed and couldn’t do it. I was using one arm in attempt to pick up the other when neither one were actually moving. Would try to pickup my leg and it was stuck to the bed.

I started yelling at people in the other room because I could hear them talking. But I wasn’t really yelling because that was only what my conscious felt like doing. I was probably ****** at that point.

I was eventually able to stand up, started walking and began to walk out of my room, but my body was still on the bed. The only way I knew that I was still dreaming was because it felt like my legs were broke, I could tell I wasn’t actually walking. So it was a temporary out of the body experience type of thing and the dream was not going anywhere and I was like well ****, let me try this again. So I was back pinned down to the bed after I jumped back into my body. I kept thinking I had broken out of the sleep-dream state, but in reality I hadn’t. Finally I broke free from the dream and into reality and remained conscious of it. Went into the other room and asked if anyone herd me yelling for them and of course the answer was no. I was like Alright! Went back to sleep. Had the same dream again! The second time it was 10 times harder to become un-trapped. When I broke out of the second time, I was like alright… no more of that mess and no more out of the body experiences. Went back to sleep and didn’t have the dream again.

So… I am not real sure what all of that was about. So I will have to see what other types of dreams I have. Hopefully they get better if I have any more. I read once someone has lucid dreams it is a life changing experience. I didn’t notice anything so life changing to be honest. But after writing about it and thinking about it. It does seem kind of trippy.
I had vivid sleep paralysis three times. The first time was really frightening.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If I died tomorrow then 'I' would be no longer;
no longer would 'I' have regrets.

That sounds like the long winded round about I used to do with ZenZero.
Zen seemed hardcore about losing the 'identity'...altogether.

But aren't you a Christian?

RitalinO.D.

Actually, I believe we had the choice to do both; we just weren't allowed to choose the timing.

I'm kind of confused by this statement. Can you explain a bit further? I don't see how we had any choice in being born.

And everyone has a choice in dying, in such as they have a choice to end their life if they so choose. A natural death I can see as not having a choice tho.