• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You Didn't Need The Money...

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
I heard on the radio today that about 60% of baby boomers listed owning a vineyard as one of their choices. In their minds, it's probably not too stressfull, wake up to a beautiful view, warm weather, and you have your own private reserve of wine! Life doesn't get much better than that.

What would you your perfect job or full time hobby?

Having a job in which, if I were asked this question, I'd have to reply, "If I told you, I'd have to kill you".

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I heard on the radio today that about 60% of baby boomers listed owning a vineyard as one of their choices. In their minds, it's probably not too stressfull, wake up to a beautiful view, warm weather, and you have your own private reserve of wine! Life doesn't get much better than that.

What would you your perfect job or full time hobby?
Outside of fantasies about racing motorbikes or surfing for a living, I dream of having a job which I feel is useful.
I gave all my working life in jobs I didn't like. In my last job I was a factory worker, I hated it. But I was lucky enough to be made redundant and my redundancy money is paying for my education. I'm studying psychology, I'm nearly done and I'm determined to get a good enough degree to enable me to do a masters degree in forensic psychology and criminology. In reality a job in forensic psychology is my dream job. Fingers crossed I'll get there.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
My major! TV Production. And a forensic pathologist technician. And a roller coaster enthusiast who travels the world riding roller coasters. A professional photographer....owning a vineyard would be nice, too, I'm sure...Magazine editor...

There are so many random things I want to do.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Outside of fantasies about racing motorbikes or surfing for a living, I dream of having a job which I feel is useful.
I gave all my working life in jobs I didn't like. In my last job I was a factory worker, I hated it. But I was lucky enough to be made redundant and my redundancy money is paying for my education. I'm studying psychology, I'm nearly done and I'm determined to get a good enough degree to enable me to do a masters degree in forensic psychology and criminology. In reality a job in forensic psychology is my dream job. Fingers crossed I'll get there.

I think you've just inspired me.! I'm crossing my fingers for you too.)(

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

What would be your perfect job or full time hobby?
I'd be a tour guide here in Salt Lake City. I've been interested in Utah tourism since I was a teenager (which is a long time ago). I really like my job (computer software design and programming) and it pays well, but I'd give it up in a minute if money were no object.

FFH

Veteran Member
I'd be a tour guide here in Salt Lake City. I've been interested in Utah tourism since I was a teenager (which is a long time ago). I really like my job (computer software design and programming) and it pays well, but I'd give it up in a minute if money were no object.
Careful, you're next calling may be a tour guide on temple square. ;)

rachadelle

I would live in a house (beachfront) with my family and be an author. I'm an aspiring author at the moment but if I could do that full-time without having to work , that would be great. Of course we would travel all over as well.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Tour guide in my favorite cities around the world, national park host, (those people in the host trailers at campgrounds :)) dance instructor for underprivileged teens , composer for my own pleasure, garden tour guide, community cook.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I would travel the world. And I'd do a lot of volunteer work for different causes - inner city theater, adult literacy, Big Brother/Big Sister, adoption placement, women's crisis centers, that sort of thing.

I'd spend more time with my parents and my kids and their families. I'd make sure my grandkids' college was paid for, and I'd make sure they got to travel a lot - and a lot of that travel would be with me. I'd make sure they were exposed to as many different cultures and beliefs as possible.

Hey, I've already done a lot of this stuff, so I guess I'd just do more of what I've been doing. Actually working for a salary is a real time sucker so if I could get rid of that load, I would be free to do more of what I try to squeeze into my spare time.

I would want my spare time to be my REAL time.