• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You Could Travel Back...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
...to an event in your religion's history, which event would you go visit? Imagine you can only do it once and so only see one event, but you'd be able to interact with the people and so on.

Since Noahidism isn't its own religion and is tied to Judaism, I guess I'll have to pick a Jewish event. So I would like to visit that time where Elijah shows the worshippers of foreign gods who's boss. Those familiar with the scriptures know what I'm talking about!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Welp, I'm not religious, but I was raised Christian, and allow for the historicity of Jesus, so, something around the crucifixion. Actually, I'd pick the Resurrection. There ya go.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I'd want to go hang out at Anathapindika's monastery, where so many breakthroughs in practice where made.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I would want to meet Badshah Khan. Not sure at which point in time.

Assuming, of course, that means for actually understanding him were available. I don't think he and I had any languages in common, alas.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I'd go back in time and prevent Emperor Julian from pursuing the Sassanid forces at the Battle of Samarra which is what got him killed.

MD

qualiaphile
I'd go back and tell Yazdegard to just accept his loss at Qadssiya and not try again and lose for good at Nehnavand

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
...to an event in your religion's history, which event would you go visit? Imagine you can only do it once and so only see one event, but you'd be able to interact with the people and so on.

Since Noahidism isn't its own religion and is tied to Judaism, I guess I'll have to pick a Jewish event. So I would like to visit that time where Elijah shows the worshippers of foreign gods who's boss. Those familiar with the scriptures know what I'm talking about!

Kings 18?

My theory is that he used some kind of highly combustable fuel on the sly.