• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You Could Travel Back...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ty for enlightening me.
Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the LORD descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently. Exodus 19:18

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
...to an event in your religion's history, which event would you go visit? Imagine you can only do it once and so only see one event, but you'd be able to interact with the people and so on.

Since Noahidism isn't its own religion and is tied to Judaism, I guess I'll have to pick a Jewish event. So I would like to visit that time where Elijah shows the worshippers of foreign gods who's boss. Those familiar with the scriptures know what I'm talking about!
I'd like to see how it all got started.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
In India, not too far from Kashi (Varanasi), India, is a town called Sarnath. I have been there, and just being there seemed a powerful experience. It "haunts" me to this very day. I have not been back there, now, for a long time.

I would go there when Siddhartha (the Buddha) gave His delivery on the Law of the Turning of the Great Wheel.

Of course, I would have no idea how to speak or understand Magadhi Prakrit, the spoken tongue of The Intellectual (Buddha). But that is ok, just to see the Buddha speak in Deer Park with my eyes.

Sarnath means "The Lord of the Deer" aka Lord Shiva, also know as "The Garden of the Lord of the Animals". This Deer Park was established in Sarnath by the Great King or Raja of Kashi Vishvanatha (Varanasi) of the Jataka a long, long, long time ago. It is said the Lord of Animals Lingam is here but hidden, brought to Sarnath to take His Consort Maya Devi. I have also been to Varanasi.

Who knows. I may have been in Deer Park even then. Whatever the case, if I could turn back time, Turn the Great Wheel, that is where I would go. To see the Buddha at that moment.

Viajar-a-Sarnath-c-snikrap.jpg

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm under no delusion that contemporary Druidry bears much if any resemblance to the religions of the various Celtic tribes of antiquity. As such, it's not fair to call those Paganisms of antiquity "my" religion. But, with that understanding, going back to pre-Christian Britain would be an amazing experience given how little we really know about those societies and cultures. Imagine knowing about the actual Druids of Celtic society first-hand instead of having to work only with scant reports of third-parties?

DennisTate

...to an event in your religion's history, which event would you go visit? Imagine you can only do it once and so only see one event, but you'd be able to interact with the people and so on.

Since Noahidism isn't its own religion and is tied to Judaism, I guess I'll have to pick a Jewish event. So I would like to visit that time where Elijah shows the worshippers of foreign gods who's boss. Those familiar with the scriptures know what I'm talking about!

You might want to inform Elijah.....
about the implications of what happens if he gets depressed and runs away from Queen Jezebel's armies in a few days.

A case can be presented that G-d wanted to follow through....
and turn the northern kingdom of Israel back to G-d at that time but......
Elijah made an error..... ran off to Mt. Horeb.....
and the window of opportunity to turn Israel back to true worship was missed.......

G-d let Elijah know that he wasn't exactly in the correct place when He simply asked....

1Kings 19:9

And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

By II Kings chapter 1, Elijah had gotten the point... but the window of opportunity had been missed.....

DennisTate

I would be going back to 1891.............
I volunteered to do this back in 1990.....
not long after Yom Kippur.......

I got really, really, really, really, really angry at Messiah Yeshua - Jesus for two or three statements that he had made.......
my dad had died on January 1, 1990.....
in an unsaved condition..... and I felt guilty because my old church had been non-proselytizing....

so..... I knew that dad's state was partly my fault......
Here are several of the statements that made me angry......

Matthew 22:14

For many are called, but few are chosen."

Mat 7:13

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

and.........

Matthew 18:9

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire."

So many are called, few are chosen... and hell is real........
how the hell could Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus given us news.... any worse than that??????????

So......
I had been reading the Jewish Bible in the RSV.... and I knew about the name Azazel
in some of the teachings of Moses......
for all I knew at the time Azazel might have been Lucifer......

but anyway.... .I felt that the name Azazel was linked to a possible loophole......
that could lead to the division of the kingdom of Satan.... and cause it to fall.....
which would be bound to improve conditions somewhat for dad......
if he indeed was where I was worried he might be........

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD

to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness

to Aza'zel." (Leviticus 16:10)

So... I quoted Isaiah 45:1 again... in anger.....
and challenged Messiah Yeshua - Jesus to take me by the right hand as he had done for the Gentile guy......
and lead me to go back into the past... an infinite number of times if necessary.......
and set in motion new time lines......
that work out better and better and better and better for Jews and others who G-d wanted to bless.....

.... 1891 was the year in which Adolf Hitler was two years old.....
and I challenged Messiah Yeshua - Jesus to bump off or otherwise remove Hitler's dad....
who had beaten him up on a regular basis.......
hook me up with his mom......
and I would raise the little guy applying the principles put forward by Dr. Ross Campbell....
author of How to Really Love your Child.....
and ADolf in that new time line would NOT BE
a sociopath with megalomaniacal delusions of grandeur...
and the holocaust would at least be decreased in intensity... if not prevented altogether......

Actually.... I went above the head of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus....
and appealed to "The Old Guy"..... The Ancient of Days the Father.....
but all of took some time for me to fully elaborate on.......
but basically... I asked G-d if He had any use for a volunteer metaphorical Yom Kippur goat for Azazel....
because it kind of annoyed me that Bar Abbas / Barabbas had not been a volunteer.... it seemed like he had been sort of drafted............

syo

i would like to attend the sermon on the mount, when jesus talk to people about god.

Riders

I'd like to be there when The Declaration Of Independence was signed.

I'd like to meet Benjamin Franklin and George Washington to find up what they were up to and their group.

We're they really sex addicts who were doing it with everyone?