• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would make it so that, when my dad ran off with a 14 year old girl, he didn't take the rent money with him which forced my mom and I to leave San Francisco and move to the hellhole of Ohio, which has caused our lives to be an almost-perpetual nightmare since.

roger1440

I do stuff
Hey everyone. If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be? Feel free to base your answers on your religion if you want to.

Personally, if I could go back in time and change something, I would go back in time and ensure that Roe vs. Wade was decided in favor of the unborn.
I would prevent my parents from meeting.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Are you saying that it would be better to abort a severely disabled child than to let him/her live?

I go a bit further than that. You probably mean physical or mental disability. But there are family disabilities as well.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't use any, actually. I never met one I could both understand and find connected to real life.

Then just recently I realized why there are people who believe in that concept. It is because we all live in the personal space that other people give us as gifts of love. It is not immediately obvious that such space will vary a lot from one person to the other.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I don't use any, actually. I never met one I could both understand and find connected to real life.

Then just recently I realized why there are people who believe in that concept. It is because we all live in the personal space that other people give us as gifts of love. It is not immediately obvious that such space will vary a lot from one person to the other.

I believe we are able to make a series of choices, we can only see choices that we are able to see from a psychological view point. Hope that makes sense.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I believe we are able to make a series of choices, we can only see choices that we are able to see from a psychological view point. Hope that makes sense.

Do you mean that our psychological state effectively allows some choices and forbids others?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

Yes. Individualism is the idea that gives life to free will.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Do you mean that our psychological state effectively allows some choices and forbids others?

It can do yes. This is evident when you compare the choices and decisions of severely depressed people compared to mentally healthy individuals.

Huey09

He who struggles with God
I don't think I could really change anything I want to change. Mainly European colonialism and to scribe any religious leaders (if they existed) and preserve teaching directly from the source...so I guess my answer is moot

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It can do yes. This is evident when you compare the choices and decisions of severely depressed people compared to mentally healthy individuals.

Precisely! Whatever people mean by free will seems to be at least perceived differently according to the emotional state.

When I realized that I wondered what could improve that perception, be it an illusion or a fact. And I realized that it is mainly the constrast of being a well-supported, integrated and accepted person with being disliked, avoided and insulted.