• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You Believed...

Super Universe

Defender of God
If you believed...

You would suddenly notice how negative you were before.
You would suddenly notice how beautiful everything is, even the wildflowers growing through the trash on the side of the road.
You would not allow anything to control you and you would stop being an addict.
You would forgive the person who harmed you and finally take back control of your life and move on.
You would laugh more often.
You would be optimistic.
You would stop being afraid.
You would stop trying to "fit in" and realize that you already do.
You would stop being so angry about "those people" and realize that all people are more alike than different.
And, perhaps most importantly, you would smile more often.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
That sounds like exactly the results I got when I stopped having certain beliefs. Different people work different ways, but we can agree that those results are worth striving for.

Fluffy

A fool
If it has to come with looking down on those who do not believe then I'd rather take loving everybody over believing.

logician

If you believed...

You would suddenly notice how beautiful everything is, even the wildflowers growing through the trash on the side of the road.
You would forgive the person who harmed you and finally take back control of your life and move on.
You would be optimistic.
You would stop being so angry about "those people" and realize that all people are more alike than different.

I do believe this is not a well defined statement.

idea

Question Everything
If you believed...

You would be optimistic.

I am going through this transition… Growing up I thought religion was a farce, that God was hypocritical, that Christians were goodie two-shoes brown nosing puppets. I looked into other religions but did not find anything of substance... I was a cynical, overly critical, unhappy person.

Then I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit – the presence of an actual being. No, I am not insane, not on any drugs etc… I did not know He was real. He is real, and all that they say He is… I went from being a very unhappy person, to having hope. The world becomes more beautiful when you believe. I know. I am experiencing the transition.

Somkid

I don't believe and...

I notice how judgmental and negative those who do can be.
I notice how beautiful everything is and do my best to preserve it because this is the only planet we have and I'm not expecting some god to rescue us from ourselves.
I do not allow anyone or anything to control me and I'm not an addict of anything.
I forgive most people realizing they do what they do due to ignorance and I am in complete control of my life.
I laugh all the time.
I am so optimistic people think I know something they don't.
I don't fear death as it is a natural part of living therefore I am not afraid of anything.
I don't fit in and I don't try I am that I am and I choose to be nothing more than that, I don't have to be a great man it is enough to "just be a man".
I'm not angry about "those people" or any other people and realize that all people are more alike than different with ignorance to over come.
I smile all the time and the nickname of the country I live in is "the land of smiles" why would you not want to smile?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If you believed...

You would be optimistic.

If you believed...

You would come up with some wacky presumptions about those who do not, the irony being that many of them more aptly apply to yourself.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If you believed...

You would be optimistic.

No doubt you have some evidence to support your claims?

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
If you believed...

I do not believe and I already notice how negative I am. :rolleyes:

I already notice how beautiful everything is. Even the trash on the side of the road.

Who says I am?

Who harmed me? I am moving on, thanks.

Are you sure?

You would be optimistic.
Maybe. I could be optimistic anyway.

Afraid of what? Just afraid in general? I doubt it would get rid of all fear.

I don't try to fit in.

We are all alike in some ways and different in other ways. What's that have to do with being angry with whoever "those people" are? I don't think I am angry at them anyway. I've never even met those people.

This sounds like the laugh more often one.
How can you be certain that everyone will behave the same way if they believed? And believed what, exactly?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Let me! Let me!!!

If you believed...

From all the people in the world, I am the most positive person alive!

This I couldn't disagree more with. When you look at an object your God created, it's a piece he made. You like it, or you don't. When I look at an object, it's an object with unknown origin that grew in those millions of years to what it is now. How can it possibly get more beautifull than that?

I thought it was the religious people who were under control. :confused:
I don't understand this one.

I have no trouble forgiving.

:slap: Narrow minded view

You would be optimistic.
See first one.

afraid of what?

Never mind the rest btw...

+Xausted

I am going through this transition… Growing up I thought religion was a farce, that God was hypocritical, that Christians were goodie two-shoes brown nosing puppets. I looked into other religions but did not find anything of substance... I was a cynical, overly critical, unhappy person.

Then I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit – the presence of an actual being. No, I am not insane, not on any drugs etc… I did not know He was real. He is real, and all that they say He is… I went from being a very unhappy person, to having hope. The world becomes more beautiful when you believe. I know. I am experiencing the transition.
it seems to me that you are drunk on the Holy Spirit. as i have witnessed so many times before. it is similar to falling in love, where the other person becomes amazing without fault.
it will pass:D