• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

• 99%

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 98%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 97%

• 96%

• 95%

• Other

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
0%

No person, not even someone as evil as a serial killer, deserves to be tortured. Hell as a concept of punishment is pointless
That is why death, not a made-up concoction of various religions or gods, is true about what happens after death, is the penalty for sin. In other words, the penalty for sin is death. Not eternal torture or a short time of torture is true.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
That is why death, not a made-up concoction of various religions or gods, is true about what happens after death, is the penalty for sin. In other words, the penalty for sin is death. Not eternal torture or a short time of torture is true.
So death, a thing all people can observe in all life, is a penalty? Seems like the natural course that life takes to me. Anyone can say anything if what they argue can't be tested in a meaningful way, seems to me

YoursTrue

So death, a thing all people can observe in all life, is a penalty? Seems like the natural course that life takes to me. Anyone can say anything if what they argue can't be tested in a meaningful way, seems to me
Death in humans is the natural consequence of Adam's having passed his altered biology to his offspring. Only Jesus Christ can remove the penalty, which is imposed but will not always be imposed by God since he showed us by means of the resurrection, and especially the resurrections by means of Jesus Christ. Hellfire or torture after death is not always readily understood but a good, deep study of the scriptures shows that (1) hell is the grave, (2) there is no knowledge after death, and (3) God promises a resurrection.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Death in humans is the natural consequence of Adam's having passed his altered biology to his offspring. Only Jesus Christ can remove the penalty, which is imposed but will not always be imposed by God since he showed us by means of the resurrection, and especially the resurrections by means of Jesus Christ. Hellfire or torture after death is not always readily understood but a good, deep study of the scriptures shows that (1) hell is the grave, (2) there is no knowledge after death, and (3) God promises a resurrection.
Why should we believe that humans aren't meant to die if every other living thing can die and it's hard coded into our DNA? Seems natural to me

YoursTrue

Elimination.

Why should we believe that humans aren't meant to die if every other living thing can die and it's hard coded into our DNA? Seems natural to me
The Bible makes sense to me. I don't understand everything, therefore I leave many things in the hands of God,. And it also seems clear to me that God told only Adam (the human creation, He did not tell gorillas) that IF he ate from the tree of life he would die. Death is therefore to be understood that it is written in the DNA sequence of humans now as well as gorillas, birds, and other living creatures. It didn't have to be, and it will not always be that way, but will be changed biologically by God's hand to the opportunity to live forever without sickness or death. (Revelation 21:1-5, you might want to read it someday.)

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
The Bible makes sense to me. I don't understand everything, therefore I leave many things in the hands of God,. And it also seems clear to me that God told only Adam (the human creation, He did not tell gorillas) that IF he ate from the tree of life he would die. Death is therefore to be understood that it is written in the DNA sequence of humans now as well as gorillas, birds, and other living creatures. It didn't have to be, and it will not always be that way, but will be changed biologically by God's hand to the opportunity to live forever without sickness or death. (Revelation 21:1-5, you might want to read it someday.)
I mean, that's all one big claim about objective reality that can't be tested against objective reality. Who says it wasn't always supposed to be this way? What do we have outside of the bible to test this against?

If the answer is nothing, then why should we trust that the bible has any more authority than any other spiritual text that makes similar claims? The bible says man was from the earth, and the Zend Avesta says man was made from a rubarb plant. They both seem like fantastical mythology - especially when the actual evidence we can look at points in an entirely different direction

YoursTrue

I mean, that's all one big claim about objective reality that can't be tested against objective reality. Who says it wasn't always supposed to be this way? What do we have outside of the bible to test this against?

If the answer is nothing, then why should we trust that the bible has any more authority than any other spiritual text that makes similar claims? The bible says man was from the earth, and the Zend Avesta says man was made from a rubarb plant. They both seem like fantastical mythology - especially when the actual evidence we can look at points in an entirely different direction
Until I understood better what the Bible says I was always in morbid fear of death. By that I mean I wondered, why do we have to die? Now I don't want to die but I understand better why we are generally headed towards death. There are many policies a person can buy that give money to someone when he dies. Gorillas and chimpanzees do not carry such policies. That is because the explanation of why we die was given only to humans and that really is in the Bible.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Until I understood better what the Bible says I was always in morbid fear of death. By that I mean I wondered, why do we have to die? Now I don't want to die but I understand better why we are generally headed towards death. There are many policies a person can buy that give money to someone when he dies. Gorillas and chimpanzees do not carry such policies. That is because the explanation of why we die was given only to humans and that really is in the Bible.
Not sure why you mention gorillas and chimpanzees. I'm generally talking about life and death. All life dies eventually. Even an incredibly ancient life like Pando that's literally thousands and thousands of years old is just one bad season away from dying out. If death isn't the way things are meant to be, why is it an aspect that ALL living things have to deal with - not just man?

Seems like we are not nearly as special as we would like to think we are, and if nothing lives forever, why should we be led to believe that we are any different than any other living thing? No offense intended, but the idea seems arrogant to me

Death is just a natural phase of life we all have to go through. It's unpleasant for sure, but so is going through puberty or going through a mid life crisis, heh

YoursTrue

Not sure why you mention gorillas and chimpanzees. I'm generally talking about life and death. All life dies eventually. Even an incredibly ancient life like Pando that's literally thousands and thousands of years old is just one bad season away from dying out. If death isn't the way things are meant to be, why is it an aspect that ALL living things have to deal with - not just man?

Seems like we are not nearly as special as we would like to think we are, and if nothing lives forever, why should we be led to believe that we are any different than any other living thing? No offense intended, but the idea seems arrogant to me

Death is just a natural phase of life we all have to go through. It's unpleasant for sure, but so is going through puberty or going through a mid life crisis, heh
I mention gorillas and chimpanzees, apparently you didn't get the point about death. They don't have life insurance policies. The fact you don't see what that means, hey, that's ok at this point insofar as I'm concerned. :) With regard to -- evolution -- and the big difference between humans and gorillas and expectation. (Have a good one.)

MonkeyFire

If hell were real without evil, or with a temporary evil, just to suffer it would be unjust. But, the devil must be tempered in time, with justice, and then healing. Let it have it’s painful nature, but in order to undo its evil it must be for all of us.

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
Let me ask you a question. What do you think hell is? I mean, what do you think happens in hell?
It’s the hell as described in the Bible, which needs interpreting. I think I’ve interpreted it but will keep that to myself. There are plenty of clues to help interpret. In short all go on existing but in what form and how much you experience through the minds eye is up to God. You don’t always need a body or brain when your soul/spirit is released.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Comes equally to the sinners and the pious. It is in our DNA curtsy evolution.
.. as well as gorillas, birds, and other living creatures.
What does Bible say about sins of gorillas, birds, and other creatures. Why do they die?

Last edited: