• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus is God why doesn't the Bible say so?

SethZaddik

Let me stop you here. The Father can't also be the son. Are you aware of your own words?

You might not believe that Jesus is the "son" of the God of the Bible, but the Bible and Jesus say otherwise so you don't exactly have the power to change that unless you use the Nag Hammadi scriptures and nothing Canonical.

Oh, it's about the Arabs for some odd reason.

You have zero credibility and nobody is going to take you seriously.

Using the Bible to justify, in the most hypocritical fashion, your own personally held stereotypes and biggotry.

You just used the Bible to claim it is why Ishmaelites (just say Muslims, we all know what you mean) are allegedly warlike.

But the Bible has the Jews in that role as well as... everybody, it is ancient.

What you are saying is you have been brainwashed into believing that God made Muslims violent, when they are not even violent.

That is classic racism.

Paul's epistles were used to justify slavery and state slaves should treat their masters Not as men and women but as God or Christ.

And to justify mistreating women.

The truth about Islam is it is not "warlike" any more than anyone and less than most, but something tells me that is a fact you will refuse to accept.

Still a fact.

America, my country, and Christianity are much more "warlike" and have an actual history of forced conversion up until recently history, respectively.

Islam, unlike Catholicism, was actually spread by diplomacy and missionary activity, the whole "by the sword" thing is rusty old propaganda that you have yet to figure out is complete bs.

Racism is not healthy, hate corrodes the spirit.

Stop.

Islam has an honorable code of war, is not "war like" but encourages and hopes for peace and only fights when countries like... America invade it.

Tell me, what was the last war STARTED by Ishmaelites, Arabs or even Muslims?

9/11 wasn't Islam, everyone who has a brain knows this. We can't trust the media or the government and have no reliable outlets for truth in the mainstream.

Palestine is a Jewish invaded, occupied prison camp that deprives Palestinians of basic human rights.

Syria and Iraq get bombed daily and people are fleeing daily because USA, Russia and Assad are warlike, war addicts.

But yeah, let's denigrate the Ishmaelites.

Your a winner.

RESOLUTION:

And to add, you have absolutely no idea what the Bible actually says because if I wanted to argue what you are right now about YHVH-ELOHIM I could think of 20 better reasons to do so.

Difference being they would make sense.

I don't dislike God, the Qur'an doesn't portray God the way the Bible does, Most Merciful and Forgiving and Gracious is Allah the Great Protector.

And the Qur'an doesn't condemn every other religion that exists like the Bible and is clear that:

"There is no compulsion in religion."

God will judge all religions based on good vs evil and evil gets punished and good gets rewarded.

For all the religions of the time in which it was recited.

Safe to say your "knowledge" of Islam and Arabs is non existent.

If only you had as much knowledge as hate.

Last edited:

SethZaddik

No new replies?

That tells me I have spoken well.

1 John 4:2

"By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses JESUS CHRIST has COME IN THE FLESH is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is NOT from God."

Who came in the flesh? Jesus.

Does God have flesh? He does not.

Can God be killed by humans? He can not.

Yet according to the Bible Jesus died. Ressurected or not Jesus died.

Did God die?

moorea944

My point by the mention of Colossians 3:1 was in connection to Christ setting at God's right hand - Psalms 110:1
So, the lower-case Lord of Psalms 110 according to Colossians 3:1 is Lord ( Not LORD ) Jesus.
The Tetragrammaton (YHWH) is never applied to the lower-case Lord of Psalms 110.
At Colossians 1:3 (KJV) uses the word God in that verse. Whereas at Psalms 110 there are two LORD/Lord's mentioned and Not two God/god's.

Point taken. Thank you for your post.

Often it is taken for granted that Jesus (p) is God. 2,000 years of tradition has taken precedent over the actual words of the Bible and the Word himself.

I am going to post the verses used to "prove" Jesus (p) is God, show how they do the exact opposite and thus prove with the evidence used pro Jesus being God it actually proves the opposite. It is not at all difficult.

Then I will post the verses that directly contradict the theory that Jesus is equal to God, and if he is not equal he is not God.

1:-YOU SAID:- Often it is taken for granted that Jesus (p) is God. 2,000 years of tradition has taken precedent over the actual words of the Bible and the Word himself.
I am going to post the verses used to "prove" Jesus (p) is God, show how they do the exact opposite and thus prove with the evidence used pro Jesus being God it actually proves the opposite. It is not at all difficult.
Then I will post the verses that directly contradict the theory that Jesus is equal to God, and if he is not equal he is not God.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word(Logos), and the Word was with God (Tontheos) and the Word was God (theos, which means Divine or A god, NOT God).
This is obviously not saying that Jesus is God in the original Koine Greek, it is saying that God's Word is Divine, borrowing from Platonic/Philonic philosophy (Logos) for a Hellenistic audience.

MY REPLY:- In the New Testament, God appears 1305 times (without the article 282, and with the article 1023 times). Of the 282 times, the NWT translates 16 times as a god. That is only 6% of the time. The NWT state that where Theos without the article is given, then it should be translated as 'a god.' They are inconsistent with their own rules of translation, when it comes to John 1:1. Jesus cannot be a god, as there is no god with God in Deuteronomy 32:39. Ninety-nine percent of the Bibles in existence translate John 1:1 with 'God was the Word.' This is no accident, nor is it a desire to be chummy with other translators, but it is how translators truly see the correct way it should be translated. There are many translators who would be courageous enough, to translate it differently, if it were not so. The doctrine of the Trinity is not man made, no man would be ridiculous enough to invent such a doctrine and expect millions of people to believe it, if it were not so and correctly translated in the Scriptures.

2:- YOU SAID:- John 8:58 " Truly I tell you, before Abraham was, I am."
Because God says to Moses "I am that I am" it is ASSUMED Jesus means to say "I AM I am" but he doesn't say that AT ALL.
Punctuation was non existent, it could just as easily be "Before Abraham, was I am (God)."
But I will give the benefit of the doubt, besides, Muslims actually do believe in the preexistence of Jesus.
Which is ALL he was saying, before Abraham was, I am(prexistent, immortal, not God though).

MY REPLY:- John 8:58
The Jews are baffled, and again can only apply worldly standards of measurement. Jesus does not even seem to be fifty years of age, the time of mature manhood, and Abraham had lived and died centuries earlier. Then how can Jesus make the absurd statement that Abraham had seen Him?
The moment has come for Jesus’ triumphant proclamation, “Before Abraham was, I AM.” He makes clear the towering meaning of His claim by contrasting His own eternal existence with that of Abraham, who, though he was the father of his nation, was a fragile human being. Jesus is not saying, “I was,” but “I AM.” Abraham died, but Jesus is the Giver of life; the one is created, the Other is uncreated.
“I AM” is that sacred name for deity Moses heard at the burning bush. “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you’” (Ex. 3:14). And Leon Morris, a renowned evangelical writer, says that Jesus’ dramatic statement brings out the meaning of His pre-existence in a “more striking fashion” than anywhere else in the Gospel. We can only fall down in awe before the majesty of His Being.

3:- YOU SAID:- John 10:30
"I and my Father are one."
Out of context I can see why people misinterpret this verse. Let's see what Jesus says right after this when he is about to be stoned:
"I have shown you many good works FROM THE FATHER."
His Father, our Father, the Father. Clearly Jesus is not saying he himself is God THE FATHER, and that his good works are FROM the Father and not of his doing alone.
Which is why he says, 10:29 "What my Father has GIVEN me is greater than all else, and no one (not even Jesus) can snatch it out of the Father's hand. THE Father and I are one."
A metaphor for a united will. God's will is Jesus will, not visa versa.

MY REPLY:-You must pay attention to the context. You must include the verses around verse 30. The most important verse is, I think verse 33. I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
The Jews got the inference right that Jesus claimed to be God, and Jesus did not refute this assertion, confirming the fact that He is God. They claimed that they found no objection in His works. (Yet His healings on the Sabbath had angered them, that He was lord even of the Sabbath. [5:18; 9:16].) They said they objected because He, a mere man, claimed to be God. This, they said, was blasphemy. And yet, ironically, Jesus, who is God, did become Man (1:1, 14, 18). Jesus did not walk around Palestine saying “I am God,” but His interpretation of the Sabbath and His words about His union with the Father revealed His claim of oneness in nature with God.
This is all I have time for. I hope this helps. Certainty for eternity.

SethZaddik

No it doesn't.

If I said it did it does. I have no need to make up things and am very careful. I will have to figure out what exactly because you didn't quote me but I will and prove you wrong.
King David was not the Messiah and Jesus is a Son of God. To be begotten means :

David was called a Messiah (Annointed One) and so was Cyrus of Persia.

David was called "begotten son" in Psalms 2:7

Wrong and wrong are you. And wrong.
verb (used with object), begot or (Archaic) begat; begotten orbegot; begetting.
(especially of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).
to cause; produce as an effect:
a belief that power begets power.

Jesus like Adam were both begotten of God in a way no other sons were.

You have lost every argument so far.

Psalm 2:7
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Not from birth but from that day God announces that king David is now his Son and that he had begotten him from that day.

But with Christ he says...

God says something more powerful about Jesus Christ.

And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Jesus is the Son of God. Luke 1:35.And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

God himself confirming Christ his beloved Son and that he to be called the Son of God.

Adam is called a Son of God.

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Note: No capital letter on the usage for Adam but a capital letter used for Jesus in all references.

When something is begotten of God it means by his power and we know God created all things. Only two men were ever created by Gods direct power without human fathers
they were Adam and Jesus Christ. If you check the argument you make is not an argument. For everything was created by God. But only Jesus was created by the power
of God alone. Adam was formed from the dust of the earth and God breathed life into him and he became a living soul. (Torah)
But Jesus Christ was born by the power of the most high through a virgin. He truly was begat of God and he is therefore the begotten Son of God.
You really do not have an argument in the fact that all who are born of God are begotten. Men and women born of the Spirit are all children of the Most High God.

How can you claim not to read and then say it is inaccurate?

Truth is that I am more aware of the teachings in the Torah than you. Even understand the teachings because of who God is.
You see Christ was the Son of God and he was born of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

He is not the first born of the marriage of Abraham and Sarah (Abrahams wife of the covenant) his true wife and therefore the true Son and first born of the Covenant and any descendant of promise to Abraham was Issac.

Ishmael was the eldest son of a slave girl he is not the eldest son of any covenant only Isaac is. Isaac was the first born son of Abraham and Sarah none before him in the line of promise.

Ishmael did have a promise of many descendants but no covenant with God and those people.

Genesis 17:16 ( About Sarah) And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from
Genesis 17:17-18 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!
17:19 Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.”Genesis 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. Genesis 17:21 But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year.”

Jesus was born of the Son Isaac he is a descendant of both Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Mahomet is not a descendant of Issac or Jacob and he is therefore not part of any covenant regarding the promises of God made to Issac.

There is no way God would give a descendant of Ishmael anything which contradicts his teachings in the TORAH nor would he choose any descendant of Ishmael
over the descendants of Issac.

You made claims about the Torah and other things. Claims which were incorrect and impossible in the face of the truth of the Almighty God. Descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob were the
first messianic Jews and the word 'Christian' is just an insult hurled at Jews and Gentiles who believed Christ was the Messiah.

Fascinating (sarcasm intended).

If you were trying to prove that anything I said was incorrect you failed and will continue to fail.

I am too careful and well informed.

SethZaddik

No it doesn't.

King David was not the Messiah and Jesus is a Son of God. To be begotten means :
verb (used with object), begot or (Archaic) begat; begotten orbegot; begetting.
(especially of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).
to cause; produce as an effect:
a belief that power begets power.

Jesus like Adam were both begotten of God in a way no other sons were.

You have lost every argument so far.

Psalm 2:7
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Not from birth but from that day God announces that king David is now his Son and that he had begotten him from that day.

But with Christ he says...

God says something more powerful about Jesus Christ.

And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Jesus is the Son of God. Luke 1:35.And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

God himself confirming Christ his beloved Son and that he to be called the Son of God.

Adam is called a Son of God.

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Note: No capital letter on the usage for Adam but a capital letter used for Jesus in all references.

When something is begotten of God it means by his power and we know God created all things. Only two men were ever created by Gods direct power without human fathers
they were Adam and Jesus Christ. If you check the argument you make is not an argument. For everything was created by God. But only Jesus was created by the power
of God alone. Adam was formed from the dust of the earth and God breathed life into him and he became a living soul. (Torah)
But Jesus Christ was born by the power of the most high through a virgin. He truly was begat of God and he is therefore the begotten Son of God.
You really do not have an argument in the fact that all who are born of God are begotten. Men and women born of the Spirit are all children of the Most High God.

How can you claim not to read and then say it is inaccurate?

Truth is that I am more aware of the teachings in the Torah than you. Even understand the teachings because of who God is.
You see Christ was the Son of God and he was born of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

He is not the first born of the marriage of Abraham and Sarah (Abrahams wife of the covenant) his true wife and therefore the true Son and first born of the Covenant and any descendant of promise to Abraham was Issac.

Ishmael was the eldest son of a slave girl he is not the eldest son of any covenant only Isaac is. Isaac was the first born son of Abraham and Sarah none before him in the line of promise.

Ishmael did have a promise of many descendants but no covenant with God and those people.

Genesis 17:16 ( About Sarah) And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from
Genesis 17:17-18 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!
17:19 Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.”Genesis 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. Genesis 17:21 But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year.”

Jesus was born of the Son Isaac he is a descendant of both Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Mahomet is not a descendant of Issac or Jacob and he is therefore not part of any covenant regarding the promises of God made to Issac.

There is no way God would give a descendant of Ishmael anything which contradicts his teachings in the TORAH nor would he choose any descendant of Ishmael
over the descendants of Issac.

You made claims about the Torah and other things. Claims which were incorrect and impossible in the face of the truth of the Almighty God. Descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob were the
first messianic Jews and the word 'Christian' is just an insult hurled at Jews and Gentiles who believed Christ was the Messiah.

Because if I notice inaccuracies I can't take you seriously and reply to the innaccuracies, correct them and forget about it.

If you can't be accurate I'm not interested.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I see the bible as a book that was put together by those who believed the bible should have been put together as a book. It was never meant to be a book, it was nothing more than scriptures from everywhere you could think of, this has happened over many years, and so today we have this so called book called the bible, that is nothing more than useless words, and yet today we worship those stupid words.

SethZaddik

We can go tit for tat in presenting the many differing exegetical opinions without any resolution to the question.

I have no need for "title for tat" I made my point and have nothing to prove.
Heb 1: 8-9 The author states God has spoken of Jesus His Son the words of Ps 45:6-7

God...Spoke of...Jesus.

Exactly. If he was not talking to himself and is not his own son He is not Jesus and Jesus is not God.

How doesn't that make perfect sense? Along with everything else I have spoken of and quoted, which is everything applicable to the topic.

Responding at this point is merely a courtesy.
"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever...and the righteous scepter is the scepter of your (his) kingdom. You have loved justice and hated iniquity; therefore, O God, your God has anointed you with the oil of gladness..." The citation of the Ps is according to the Septuagint. It says what it says. The real question is what it meant to the author who cited it as he applied it to Jesus. Was he at all concerned that ho theos in vs 8 is a nominative or a vocative?

Jn 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word; and the Word was in God's presence, and the Word was God." The debate about the third line centers on the fact that theos is used without an article. In the 2nd line ho theos refers to God the Father. As I asked the question before, In predicating theos without the article ho of the Word in the third line, is the author suggesting the Word is somewhat less then the Father?
And raising many other questions, some explain the usage with the simple grammatical rule that predicate nouns generally lack the article. Though theos is probably the predicate, such a rule does not necessarily hold for a statement of identity (the "I am...") formula are followed by predicate nouns which have an article.

One cannot dismiss the fact that the faith in Jesus as God was a development from the liturgical worship of the Christian community prior to the penning of the NT. There is no attempt to define Jesus essentially, but to respond in prayer and worship to the God who revealed Himself to men in Jesus.

I can dismiss anything if it is not in the Bible as not true, as Christians usually do.

And the Bible denies Jesus is God.

Any belief to the contrary is buffoonery.

SethZaddik

I see the bible as a book that was put together by those who believed the bible should have been put together as a book. It was never meant to be a book, it was nothing more than scriptures from everywhere you could think of, this has happened over many years, and so today we have this so called book called the bible, that is nothing more than useless words, and yet today we worship those stupid words.

I don't worship words, but I agree with what you said. To an extent.

If it isn't vile, doesn't dishonor Divinity like so many portrayals of God as a warlord who commits genocide (Tanakh).

And doesn't violate the much more PG rated Qur'an (it's true if you read it with knowledge of the times of which it speaks of historically, and otherwise, the Bible is a Gore fest) I consider it.

SethZaddik

Lets face it what we have in the bible especially the new testament is nothing more than a whole lot of words shuffled about, which also have been changed and added to over many years, why on earth would anyone take them seriously, I for one don't.

Absolutely. The Qur'an states this too. It respects the original Torah and Prophets, Psalms and Gospels.

But the Torah has at least 4 authors (E,Y,D&P) and everything was written after or by Ezra the scribe, so they say. Jewish authorities acknowledge that nothing before Babylon has survived, about 600 BC, roughly.

And the New Testament is hopelessly and proven to be corrupt, anonymous or mostly pseudepigraphal.

SethZaddik

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10. Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

This is another proof that the bible talk about Jesus is God. Here another.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

I hope you are not trying to claim that the mention of three different entities as different entities is proof of Trinity. Because it is not in the slightest bit.
Peter, when the holy spirit came down to him, he has the revelation what that NAME means.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

Yes, in the beginning was the WORD. This is the Old Testament, the Torah of the jews. That is their God, their teachings about God, the laws. Yes. A God if you want. Among many others. But also this teaching talk about the coming of God on earth. Emmanuel - God with us. When the time come God was born in flesh an live with us 33 years. His mean is not to clarify the Torah but to:

Mat 3:15 Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness.
John 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

Jesus was here not to clarify, but to fullfill what it been in the scripture. Himself talking about Moses that wrote about HIM in John 5. Much more, the people that lives in that days fulfill all that was written of Him too. Even without of their knowing.

Acts 13:27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.
29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

He fulfilled what is wrote about Him, everybody fulfilled what is wrote about Him. He died on the cross, raise from the dead, was seen by more than 500 people, and the rise to heaven. Now the Holy Ghost it's Jesus too. It's GOD in our hearth. In us. In His temple. And if it in us we have no need to question GOD or anything else. We just know it. Knowin the truth free us. The holy ghost is a gift from God.

1Jonh 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Jesus is God. Jesus is the Holy Ghost too. I think Jesus is everything. God is just one. How you pray to God? Let Jesus aside and speak to God? Or pray to each of them separately? Maybe pray to virgin Maria too? We don't even know how to pray.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Think that the spirit is another entity or something separate from God? Think about when the holy spirit came down on Jesus in a form of pigeon. And think about the following verses:

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily

The holy spirit (ghost - how you want it) was God in Jesus. Think about Jesus like a terrestrial vehicle for God if you want. :D
John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

And like this, with the sacrifice of Jesus, who have no sin, the Holy Spirit can be given to us. We learn about God in our lifetime, but everything we learned it is wrong. It's human thinking and interpretation. God discover us, trough holy spirit, the truth in us. That means a reborn. To forget everything you ever teached about and let God to interpret his parabolas. Like in Matthew 13. We don't need to talk about the sower and what he was doing. We need the meanings of it. I know that God was the word in the past. He lives on earth 2000 years ago. And now lives in us. Not all of us. It doesn't mean that if I am the son of my father, I am not a father of my son. I am father an son also. The name of the father and the son and the holy spirit is JESUS. He is God. There is no two or three of them. They are not separate.

"They are not separate" are your words.

But your provided "Father, son and Holy Spirit" quote clearly displays them as three separate entities.
Father (1), son (2, subservient to the Father by admission) AND... AND, as in, "in addition to the 2 previously mentioned."

Otherwise it'd be FatherSonSpirit.

Factor in the admitted inferior of Jesus by Jesus pbuh and it is "case dismissed, NOT God."

pearl

Exactly. If he was not talking to himself

There is dialogue within God, a "We" in God, "Let us make man..", there are an "I" and a "You" in him, "The Lord said to my lord".
God is one, but within him there exists the phenomenon of dialogue of relationship.
I think you confuse relation with substance.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I am going to but in here.
If it is true and Jesus is on the right side of God, he is not God himself.
Which is obvious but I felt like saying it anyway. Bored.

Right obvious, according to Acts of the Apostles 2:34 B in connection to Psalms 110 Jesus sits at God's right hand until it is time for Jesus to be King of God's kingdom government for a thousand years over Earth.
Then, Jesus gives back God's kingdom to God according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.

Any thoughts about Revelation 3:21 where two thrones are mentioned.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No new replies?
That tells me I have spoken well.
1 John 4:2
"By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses JESUS CHRIST has COME IN THE FLESH is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is NOT from God."
Who came in the flesh? Jesus.
Does God have flesh? He does not.
Can God be killed by humans? He can not.
Yet according to the Bible Jesus died. Ressurected or not Jesus died.
Did God die?

No, God did Not die. God can Not die because God is from 'everlasting to everlasting' according to Psalms 90:2
So, God is Immortal thus being death proof.
God was Not made a little lower than his created angels, but the pre-human Jesus was - Hebrews 1:7-9.
Jesus was thus made lower than angels so that Jesus could change places with us, and now the resurrected Jesus sits at God's right hand of God's throne according to Hebrews 12:2 B; Revelation 3:21.

SethZaddik

No, God did Not die. God can Not die because God is from 'everlasting to everlasting' according to Psalms 90:2
So, God is Immortal thus being death proof.
God was Not made a little lower than his created angels, but the pre-human Jesus was - Hebrews 1:7-9.
Jesus was thus made lower than angels so that Jesus could change places with us, and now the resurrected Jesus sits at God's right hand of God's throne according to Hebrews 12:2 B; Revelation 3:21.

I know God didn't die, I was not asking that seriously I was proving a point.

If Jesus died, he died. Maybe he ressurected but still died.

God can't die. He has no beginning to allow Him and end. Wasn't born so can't die.

Jesus was and did die and isn't God.

It's simple.

SethZaddik

There is dialogue within God, a "We" in God, "Let us make man..", there are an "I" and a "You" in him, "The Lord said to my lord".
God is one, but within him there exists the phenomenon of dialogue of relationship.
I think you confuse relation with substance.

The commonly accepted interpretation is God was talking to the angels not himself.

He is clear about being One God, the Bible is clear. Language nuances of the OT don't make Jesus God in the New, peace upon him.

He clearly denied any independent power or equality with God so the Trinity is logically unsustainable, and Jesus (pbuh) not God.

RESOLUTION

Because if I notice inaccuracies I can't take you seriously and reply to the innaccuracies, correct them and forget about it.

If you can't be accurate I'm not interested.

Truth is you cannot prove what I say to be inaccurate because the only thing you have on your part is the Koran and you know the Jews and Christians have never and never will accept it as anything but not scripture and not from God.

I can see the truth and so many here can see that truth. But the greatest truth is that you cannot argue against the word of God which God himself and his true Prophets have ordained to be the truth.

The Prophet Moses taught that God would raise them up a Prophet from amongst there own people. The descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That God himself would put his words in that Prophets mouth and everyone had to heed what that Prophet (Messiah) said.
Jesus Christ, is the only Prophet to have ever fitted all those things. Born in Bethlehem and a descendant of King David. A descendant born of the Spirit and who brought Gods final truth according to the teachings of the Prophets and the Law.

When you look at inaccuracies we see that you alone have inaccuracies because you have the wrong god and the wrong book - according to Gods teachings, the Prophets and the Jews and Christians.

Whilst the true Word of God and YHWH are here you never will be able to make anyone believe your inaccuracies. Because according to the Bible the first foundation has to be in Gods own truth.

You don't have any truth you just argue without any evidence. YHWH always wins but then he knows his own teachings and he knows those who really belong to him. They love their neighbour and they love God.This is in the teachings of the bible.

SethZaddik

Back to my earlier comment about Jesus (p) sitting at God/Allah's right hand.

It flows logically that if Jesus (p) and God were in fact the same entity, that (among other things) they should be able to share the Throne.

Only if they are not the same do they need separate seats of Power in Heaven, and the one who occupies the Throne if in charge.

Even the most influential to the leader, "right hand" man was subordinate to his boss or King.

And I don't recall Ezekiel who saw the throne and described it ever referring to the Messiah as occupying it either. I'm not sure he mentioned someone to the right but, my point is that whoever sits in the Throne is more powerful and important than who sits at his right.

Is the Chief of Staff or Sec. of State, Vice President, also President?

No.

Does God even have hands?

I am not a fan of anthropomorphism.