• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If humans can't unite on religion, is there a purpose to religion?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well, if you think that "proofs exist," why not just demonstrate them, and show them to be proofs? If you could do that, why would anyone have a problem coming to agreement? And if you cannot, why would you think anybody should just accept your word?

Showing proofs does not mean the other person accepts it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that if a person seeks the truth in all sincerity, and is misguided, God will forgive. I believe God's Mercy is greater than His Wrath.
I also believe that God will forgive a sincere seeker if he does not find the truth, but only God can know who is a sincere seeker and who is not.
Clearly, most believers are not even seeking at all, because they "believe" they have found the truth. A true seeker is quite rare.

I agree that God's Mercy is greater than His Wrath.

Neuropteron

Sorry, I should have been clearer - I was asking for your definition of evil, and by extension the doers of evil, that need to be eradicated.

Hi,
I am not trying to be elusive or cryptic, but I am thankful that I'm not charged with defining good and evil, and as such have no desire to reinvent the wheel.

It is a good thing to inquire of God's view on these matter, and that is where we should look for answers, because, -if we are to believe the bible- our lives are at stake.
I for one am thankful that our creator has extensively given direction in this matter, so that no confusion need to exist .

"...just a little while longer and the wicked one will be no more... but the meek will possess the earth." Ps 37:11

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Hi,
I am not trying to be elusive or cryptic, but I am thankful that I'm not charged with defining good and evil, and as such have no desire to reinvent the wheel.

It is a good thing to inquire of God's view on these matter, and that is where we should look for answers, because, -if we are to believe the bible- our lives are at stake.
I for one am thankful that our creator has extensively given direction in this matter, so that no confusion need to exist .

"...just a little while longer and the wicked one will be no more... but the meek will possess the earth." Ps 37:11

No need to reinvent the wheel, then, just point me to some biblical verses that for you define evil and evildoers who must be eradicated.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I really believe if guidance cannot guide everyone, then either some of everyone should not have been created or religion/guidance not revealed.
Well the blame would fall in the Creator/God. A God should know better, yes?

This is different then to say, if guidance has not guided everyone. I'm saying the possibility of guiding the human race has to be there for God revealing a religion.
People on remote Pacific islands have never heard of any of the Western God revelations. It's curious that God never made the attempt to reach them.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Hi,
Jesus said: "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are Possible."
I did not say it us impossible for evil to be eliminated. I said I do not think that evil has to be eliminated altogether before peace can be established because that is unrealistic.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Everyone will unite in the kingdom of God. There will be no racism or anything like that. But this will only happen after Jesus Christ returns. Now in the mean time Jesus predicted that there would be wars and rumors of wars and ethnos against ethnos.
So you're suggesting that Christian dogma has authority over all people even if they are part of other religious traditions like Hinduism that is older?

If so by what authority do you say this?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
The biggest and foremost requirement is to take side of the leader of our time, who works tirelessly against the oppressors

I have yet to see such a leader...

What I've done and my mission in particular, these I'd rather not talk about. But I haven't done much, but there is something I must do. I don't know what impact it will have, but we all must join God's plan through Wali-Amr and do our part.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to put you on the spot, I realise now that I was effectively doing just that. It is of course for each of us to decide how best we can work against the oppressors, as you say, using the Holy Qur'an and example of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) as our guides.

Neuropteron

No need to reinvent the wheel, then, just point me to some biblical verses that for you define evil and evildoers who must be eradicated.

Hi,
Ok, although this is not comprehensive since the answer is spread throughout the bible.
The Hebrew word ra' is translated as bad, gloomy, ugly, evil, calamitous, malignant, ungenerous and envious depending on context.
The Greek word Ka-kos' may be defined as that which is immoral, evil, destructive, bad, hurtful, injurious, wrong.
ra' and Ka-kos is the antithesis of good.

some sources:
Ge 29;40:7;41:3;2:16;3:17:Ex 33:4;De 6:22;28;35;Pr 23:6;28:22;Ro 7:19;12:17;Col 3:5;Tit 1:12;Heb 5:14;Jas 1:13,14.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You have got it wrong. Religion and theology is the same in my statement. You are not understanding the post. But its okay. You dont have to.
You're often vague, and others have not fully understood what you are talking about. Religion tends to be a set of rituals a person adopts and follows whereas theology is a more in depth study of a religion.

I wrote "A person can study religion objectively, but that means to not assume the supernatural elements that theists assume as the basis of their faith."

Nope. You got it wrong.
Really? How does an objective approach to what a religion teaches require to assume the supernal elements true? Objectivity means a factual approach, and thus far there's no supernatural phenomenon known to exist.

74x12

So you're suggesting that Christian dogma has authority over all people even if they are part of other religious traditions like Hinduism that is older?

If so by what authority do you say this?
I don't believe it is older. Jesus came to show the Father and there is nothing older than the Father. Even Hinduism believes that all came from some kind of father figure. Brahmin.

No one is older than the Father.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The first thing a believer has to do is disbelieve in people's claim in sincerity and then believe in God and trust his relationship to God and rely on God and his rope.
How do you deal with the uncertainty that is inherent in belief? Do you ignore it?

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't believe it is older.
Sorry but it's fact that Hinduism existed about 1000 years before a jesus was even mentioned. So your belief is in error.

Jesus came to show the Father and there is nothing older than the Father. Even Hinduism believes that all came from some kind of father figure. Brahmin.

I asked you if you're saying that Christian dogma has authority over all people, including those who believe in other ideas? And if so, by what authority do you claim this?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't believe it is older. Jesus came to show the Father and there is nothing older than the Father. Even Hinduism believes that all came from some kind of father figure. Brahmin.

I think his point was that Krishna showed us the Father before Jesus showed us the Father, and that is what he meant by Hinduism being older.

Krishna appeared on this earth, at midnight, approximately 5,000 years ago in Mathura, located in Northern India, 91 miles south of New Delhi. Krishna is God as never seen before.Aug 22, 2011

The Birth of Krishna: When God Came To Earth | HuffPost
https://www.huffpost.com › entry › the-birth-of-krishna-...