• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If humans can't unite on religion, is there a purpose to religion?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Hi,
I'm not sure if you are asking about the definition of evil or your questioning it's existence.

God's view on good and evil are clearly defined in the bible.

There are not many that have not seen or experience evil. Those that never have are to be envied.

"But I want you to be wise as to what is good, but innocent as to what is evil."Ro 16:19

Sorry, I should have been clearer - I was asking for your definition of evil, and by extension the doers of evil, that need to be eradicated.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I used to take religion seriously until I realised that it wasn't based in sound reason and evidence, and that in some cases there is evidence against it.
In my opinion

You telling me you yearned to see God and his Messengers, and God didn't let you gaze upon the lanterns in the heaven connected to this world?

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Their seriousness is in their hate towards the light and the rest is game. A sign for you - is how politically blind people are when they are given wealth and how they take side of the oppressors over the oppressed.

I'm sorry, but I do not believe that every deep thinker of other religions hates the light.

And sure, some might become blinded when they are given wealth and some might side with the oppressors but not all. And let's face it, there are Muslims amongst those blinded by wealth and who take the side of the oppressors over the oppressed.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but I do not believe that every deep thinker of other religions hates the light.

And sure, some might become blinded when they are given wealth and some might side with the oppressors but not all. And let's face it, there are Muslims amongst those blinded by wealth and who take the side of the oppressors over the oppressed.

What you say about Muslims is true. But it's a sign I'm giving you, that people are not who they claim they are. My Canadian Government talks about justice at the same sells weapons to Israel and Saudi Arabia. Speaks volumes of their hypocrisy. Claims are claims, reality is another.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
It's more important to love Him, but fear and hope and love all compliment one another. But to love the true God, means you acknowledge his wrath, which means you fear him automatically.

I agree with this, though I would add that we should always remember that His Mercy will prevail over His Wrath.

danieldemol

Premium Member
You telling me you yearned to see God and his Messengers, and God didn't let you gaze upon the lanterns in the heaven connected to this world?
Yes. I used to wish for that. God never showed me infallible Messengers.

There is no such thing as an infallible lantern in my opinion. The virtues are the only lanterns God showed me and I live by them.

In my opinion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

As for me, I believe everyone who yearns to see the light will be guided to it and those who love the family of the reminder in principle, will be guided to the current one of the time.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
What you say about Muslims is true. But it's a sign I'm giving you, that people are not who they claim they are. My Canadian Government talks about justice at the same sells weapons to Israel and Saudi Arabia. Speaks volumes of their hypocrisy. Claims are claims, reality is another.

I agree that not all are who they claim to be, but we can't go around thinking this of every believer of every (other) religion automatically, just because they don't agree with us in matters of religion.

And yes, hypocrisy is rampant in the political world.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
some might side with the oppressors but not all.

Islamically, it's also not good enough to be apathetic towards oppressors and watch by idle to be said not to be on their side. A true human works against oppressors by all effort.

I find justice is clear in this age, the oppressed and oppressors are not the same. The people who are working to help the oppressed and against oppressors, and those who ally to oppressors or silently watch by, they are not the same.

Slogans don't matter, if you hate oppression, we must all do something about it or will be accounted as partners to oppressors.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
As for me, I believe everyone who yearns to see the light will be guided to it and those who love the family of the reminder in principle, will be guided to the current one of the time.

I agree, though I believe that there are those in other religions who yearn to see the light and are guided towards it (even if their journey is perhaps a longer one).

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Islamically, it's also not good enough to be apathetic towards oppressors and watch by idle to be said not to be on their side. A true human works against oppressors by all effort.

I find justice is clear in this age, the oppressed and oppressors are not the same. The people who are working to help the oppressed and against oppressors, and those who ally to oppressors or silently watch by, they are not the same.

Slogans don't matter, if you hate oppression, we must all do something about it or will be accounted as partners to oppressors.

Again, I agree, but I would like to know what form you think this might take, practically - how do you take a stand against the oppressors, for example?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree, though I believe that there are those in other religions who yearn to see the light and are guided towards it (even if their journey is perhaps a longer one).

Dear, it's not even that you have to yearn the light although for higher stages this is required, all God wants us is not to hate it so as to blind ourselves to it when it manifests.

The proofs and insights of Quran have a way of healing the darkness and removing the evil in the hearts even for the most oppressive soul, but they just have to stop their opposition and hate if you would but perceive.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Dear, it's not even that you have to yearn the light although for higher stages this is required, all God wants us is not to hate it so as to blind ourselves to it when it manifests.

The proofs and insights of Quran have a way of healing the darkness and removing the evil in the hearts even for the most oppressive soul, but they just have to stop their opposition and hate if you would but perceive.

Not sure you are saying this, but just in case, I don't believe that every adherent of other religions is in hatred and opposition to the Holy Qur'an.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I believe God would not have revealed a religion at any time if it was not possible for humans to come to agreement about it. To me, I believe proofs exist.
Well, if you think that "proofs exist," why not just demonstrate them, and show them to be proofs? If you could do that, why would anyone have a problem coming to agreement? And if you cannot, why would you think anybody should just accept your word?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
First - it's 50 000 thousand years of what we count and a long process, that is why much of the Quran is saying at a certain point, people regretting how they wasted their lives, will be told they tarried but a little. This is why Rasool (s) says life of this world is but an hour so to live it in obedience to God.
I fully agree about obedience to God which is observance of His Laws, because that is a Baha'i belief:

“The beginning of all things is the knowledge of God, and the end of all things is strict observance of whatsoever hath been sent down from the empyrean of the Divine Will that pervadeth all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 5

Second - how is by God taking total control where no soul controls for a soul anything but the authority fully God's.
I am not sure what you mean regarding God taking total control. To me that would mean relinquishing our free will.
On the day of judgment it's too late, while death is dependent. The thing about death, is that you go there with spiritual faculties, and chances if you are blind in this world, you will be blind in death life and not be able to discern Angels from Jinn nor accept Messengers of God.
What you are describing is hell. That is exactly what Baha'u'llah wrote, it will be too late after we die.

40: O MY SERVANT! Free thyself from the fetters of this world, and loose thy soul from the prison of self. Seize thy chance, for it will come to thee no more. The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 36

The following passage describes the judgment that will be upon us after we die, which is not the same thing as "Judgement Day" which I could explain in another post.

“Know ye that the world and its vanities and its embellishments shall pass away. Nothing will endure except God’s Kingdom which pertaineth to none but Him, the Sovereign Lord of all, the Help in Peril, the All-Glorious, the Almighty. The days of your life shall roll away, and all the things with which ye are occupied and of which ye boast yourselves shall perish, and ye shall, most certainly, be summoned by a company of His angels to appear at the spot where the limbs of the entire creation shall be made to tremble, and the flesh of every oppressor to creep. Ye shall be asked of the things your hands have wrought in this, your vain life, and shall be repaid for your doings. This is the day that shall inevitably come upon you, the hour that none can put back. To this the Tongue of Him that speaketh the truth and is the Knower of all things hath testified.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 125
it's full and clear reality is coming only on the day of judgment. Before that, it's not manifest to disbelievers whether in this world or grave, they are in it, but don't perceive.
That's true. Before it comes, it won't be manifest to disbelievers or to Christians and Jews who have rejected Muhammad and all the other Messengers of God except their own
I can cite verses but I rather you read the Quran contextually with these verses and see them all with respect to each other rather than I cite verses and we begin to talk about them as if Quran didn't contextualize them and as if they aren't clear.
I wish I had time to read the whole Qur'an, but I don't right now. However, maybe I can look up the verses online that refer to the day of judgment.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Again, I agree, but I would like to know what form you think this might take, practically - how do you take a stand against the oppressors, for example?

The biggest and foremost requirement is to take side of the leader of our time, who works tirelessly against the oppressors if we believe God and his Angels and his Chosen ones have been constantly trying to spread justice. Connecting to the family of Mohammad and Quran will teach ways of opposing the oppressors without causing evil for ourselves or giving the oppressors an excuse to harm us.

What I've done and my mission in particular, these I'd rather not talk about. But I haven't done much, but there is something I must do. I don't know what impact it will have, but we all must join God's plan through Wali-Amr and do our part.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, if you think that "proofs exist," why not just demonstrate them, and show them to be proofs? If you could do that, why would anyone have a problem coming to agreement? And if you cannot, why would you think anybody should just accept your word?

Believe me I will try. There are some requirements I must do before I do this, but one day, inshallah.

danieldemol

Premium Member
*shrugs* The Iranian government speaks about justice and supplies hezbollah and the Houthis. Governments act in their self interest against threats real or perceived. Often the latter.

Our western governments should halt weapons supplies to Israel on condition that it halts illegal settlements before resupplying them, but if you are trying to sell the hezbollah and Houthis as liberators of the people I have a bridge to sell you.

Islamists are *not* interested in freedom and as such should be opposed by morally upright people.
In my opinion.

Last edited: