• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If humans can't unite on religion, is there a purpose to religion?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Nuh's (a) people rejected Nuh (a) in the name of piety, but inwardly, their idols were their leaders and the gods they claimed to worship was all to hold on to their infrastructure as a means of love between themselves.

It's not acceptable to reject God and his Messengers (a) in "sincere" Self-deception.
One could just as easily say that inwardly the idols of those who follow Messengers is the Messengers.

There are plenty of people who follow Messengers to hold on to their infrastructure as a means of love between themselves.
In my opinion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One could just as easily say that inwardly the idols of those who follow Messengers is the Messengers.

There are plenty of people who follow Messengers to hold on to their infrastructure as a means of love between themselves.

And you would not be wrong for majority of those who claim to follow Messengers unfortunately, this has become the norm.

danieldemol

Premium Member
And you would not be wrong for majority of those who claim to follow Messengers unfortunately, this has become the norm.
What about those who have lost their infrastructure and fraternity for their disbelief in Messengers, why do you consider them insincere, is it because some old book claiming to be revealed says they are insincere?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What about those who have lost their infrastructure and fraternity for their disbelief in Messengers, why do you consider them insincere, is it because some old book claiming to be revealed says they are insincere?
It's complicated but to make it short, the story of envy and love in Bible and Quran, is such that lovers cling to God's chosen Messengers while hates/enviers have a bad way to hold on to the cursed tree instead and there is no comparison in those who love God's chosen means and rope to him and those who hate them and turn to other then God and his light.

The light and darkness are not the same.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
There is no such thing as different truths, the truth is same

Different people can attach different meanings to things. Different things can be true to different people.

people can arrive at falsehood when they don't fear God

Loving God is just as important as fearing Him (if not more so).

and attribute him things without proof

I'm not sure what proofs you are talking about.

The first thing a believer has to do is disbelieve in people's claim in sincerity

I don't think it is for the believer to judge another person's claim to sincerity. This is for God to judge.

God has a way of proving things with insights, but we can't mix falsehood and truth, or else, we can't gain insights or if we do, it's mixed with conjecture.

Insights mixed with conjecture can still be insights.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Insights mixed with conjecture, cease to be insights, because if we accept without proof, that which we have proof for, and mix it all up, then what we know becomes undistinguishable from what we are ignorant about. The ones who want to know God don't want to know false things about him and those who wants to follow his guidance don't want to follow with that misguidance.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
No one does so my dear but Mutaqeen. The God-fearing and only them as in absolutely no one else no matter how they appear outwardly take religion seriously.

That is a rather narrow view of those of other faiths who appear to take their religions seriously.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Insights mixed with conjecture, cease to be insights, because if we accept without proof, that which we have proof for, and mix it all up, then what we know becomes undistinguishable from what we are ignorant about. The ones who want to know God don't want to know false things about him and those who wants to follow his guidance don't want to follow with that misguidance.

Conjecture can I believe lead to insight.

danieldemol

Premium Member
It's complicated but to make it short, the story of envy and love in Bible and Quran, is such that lovers cling to God's chosen Messengers while hates/enviers have a bad way to hold on to the cursed tree instead and there is no comparison in those who love God's chosen means and rope to him and those who hate them and turn to other then God and his light.

The light and darkness are not the same.
This seems to be a polemic against those who disbelieve in Messengers as haters enviers.

I have met plenty of people who neither hated nor envied the Messengers and their followers.

Are you sure it is you who is walking in the light?

In my opinion.

Neuropteron

What is this evil of which you speak that has to be eliminated?

Hi,
I'm not sure if you are asking about the definition of evil or your questioning it's existence.

God's view on good and evil are clearly defined in the bible.

There are not many that have not seen or experience evil. Those that never have are to be envied.

"But I want you to be wise as to what is good, but innocent as to what is evil."Ro 16:19

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
It's really the case, you got to wake up and smell the coffee, who takes religion seriously?

I would suggest there are many people on RF who take their religion seriously, not to mention scholars and thinkers of different traditions.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This seems to be a polemic against those who disbelieve in Messengers as haters envies.

I have met plenty of people who neither hated nor envied the Messengers and their followers.

Are you sure it is you who is walking in the light?

In my opinion.

I haven't met any. Not only that, but they are politically blind to the battle between good and evil and have a tendency to side with the oppressors.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would suggest there are many people on RF who take their religion seriously, not to mention scholars and thinkers of different traditions.

Their seriousness is in their hate towards the light and the rest is game. A sign for you - is how politically blind people are when they are given wealth and how they take side of the oppressors over the oppressed.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh, if we're talking about my opinion, loving Allah is just as important as fearing Him.

It's more important to love Him, but fear and hope and love all compliment one another. But to love the true God, means you acknowledge his wrath, which means you fear him automatically.