• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a demon or ghost is haunting your house.And you move.Can they follow you?

Lain

If a demon or ghost is haunting your house.And you move.Can they follow you?:)

Depends on the spirit. Sometimes they are attached to you (or someone you live with) or things you have, at other times they are attached to the location and will not follow you. In my opinion at least.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

From the stories of hauntings I've read, it could happen. But there are also stories which suggest some people leaving the house that was haunted, and being free as a result, and that happens in a larger portion of stories I've read.

But keep in mind that according to the stories I've read, they also suggest that some people can be "haunted" by spirits that follow them, rather than the house itself. In the stories, these people are often young, and also may already be open to the spirit world.

As for my opinion on the actual subject - I find studying ghosts and a host of other subjects to be useful as to making an assessment whether something one experiences could be the paranormal or the natural. But overall, I myself am kind of moving away from thinking about the subject much, even if I've occasionally witnessed things I can't fully explain, as it's not a subject that tends to give me good leads leading me toward more factual, repeatable, verifiable information.

Shadow11

Ed and Lorraine Warren who had a room were they keep possessed items you can see a picture of it online the original Annabelle doll is on display.
38378bf4d874d777c297c643a560d9db.jpg

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Yes, because, even if you believe the supernatural part, there is a psychological element that likely is influencing the phenomenon.

ecco

Veteran Member
Ghosts and other evils will continue to haunt and follow only people who believe in them and are afraid of them.

PureX

Veteran Member
When it is the result of our own internal psychology, it most likely would follow us. When it is the result of some environmental condition or other, then it likely would not.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Yes, but it depends on many factors....if whatever items they were attracted to — Ouija boards, books on the occult, religious idols, etc — are taken to the new home, it’s a good possibility.

Demons also like to imposter the dead, to promote the idea that ‘the dead are still living’ (which they’re not: Ecclesiastes 9:5; Genesis 3:19). One way they do this, is by seeming to ‘possess’ objects that the deceased loved when they were living.
Very devious! (They don’t really need objects, though.)

Why do you ask this? Do you have some interaction with these entities?
If it’s unwanted, this may help....Proverbs 18:10, American Standard Version:
The name of Jehovah is a strong tower; The righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English:
The name of LORD JEHOVAH is a strong tower; the righteous will run to it and be strengthened.

Holman Christian Standard Bible:
The name of Yahweh is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are protected.

You know, Frank, you ask me to answer your questions, which is OK, but you don’t answer mine when I’ve asked you . Why not?

Frank Goad

Yes, but it depends on many factors....if whatever items they were attracted to — Ouija boards, books on the occult, religious idols, etc — are taken to the new home, it’s a good possibility.

Demons also like to imposter the dead, to promote the idea that ‘the dead are still living’ (which they’re not: Ecclesiastes 9:5; Genesis 3:19). One way they do this, is by seeming to ‘possess’ objects that the deceased loved when they were living.
Very devious! (They don’t really need objects, though.)

Why do you ask this? Do you have some interaction with these entities?
If it’s unwanted, this may help....Proverbs 18:10, American Standard Version:
The name of Jehovah is a strong tower; The righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English:
The name of LORD JEHOVAH is a strong tower; the righteous will run to it and be strengthened.

Holman Christian Standard Bible:
The name of Yahweh is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are protected.

You know, Frank, you ask me to answer your questions, which is OK, but you don’t answer mine when I’ve asked you . Why not?

Only if they can make me a billionaire and can ride into space for 11 minutes and land me safely at the catered buffet at the mansion.

Sorry.I post mainly to get second opinions on things.I am not really big on replying.:)And no I am not being haunted.:)