• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just want to love you, but sometimes it is hard to do....

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The other day someone shared a Sufi saying that as a Sufi you are a Muslim when you speak with Muslims, a Christian when you speak with Christians, a Jew when you speak with Jews, a Hindu when you speak with Hindus, and so on.

Even I had heard this saying before it had not yet formed within me. And there is probably different answers to this.

It is not that a Sufi take any belief and make it their “own” it is in my understanding more about being there for others, that they are free to have their God/Buddha without being told they are wrong. Telling other`s they are wrong is not a Sufi way of life.

We learn every day, not just about what others believe or think, but about our own being, our own understanding and belief. Life is not about getting “Your” truth out to others, life is about finding the truth within you, and in my understanding, this is what any religion is about. Awakening from within, and it is done by listening to God/Buddha and doing what you are asked to do. Rejecting it and say, no I am better than that, so I don’t care what God say, that is in a way a form of selfishness.

If you have a belief in a certain God, you will have a teaching or at least a form of philosophy you follow or believe in. So you believe in a God, than you meet someone who believe in a different God, as soon you hear this you become a “fighter” My God is better than your God…..is it?

Why can we not be happy for others when it comes to belief? You want others to be happy for you and say, it is so good to hear you found your faith, just hearing this make us feel loved and seen, are we not going to do that to others, when we “expect” to hear it our self?

Then some times you meet people who want to push you down, to crush your belief and tell you how foolish you are to believe in a God “because Gods does not exists”……. I get that some believe so. I get that they do not see any evidence of God, so they cannot believe in it. But shall a believer just sit there and get pushed down day by day because someone tell them God is unreal, non-existing or evil?

I tried to argue with them, it is of no use, the only thing that happens is that I get a bad feeling and thinking that why do I even bother…..Than if I have become irritated and said things I should not. It nags me for the rest of the day, Not that I “lost” the discussion. But that I said words or had thoughts that is of no use, I was not able to love them as it is possible to love a fellow human being who holds a different religious belief.

So every day is a day where a test comes up, and every day it is to find the answer to how did it happen that I was not able to do what the God I believe and love so much, why do I let my own ego get in the way.

Be a fellow human being and love them for who they are, no matter what they believe in. You don’t have to agree with them, but respect goes a long way.

King Phenomenon

The other day someone shared a Sufi saying that as a Sufi you are a Muslim when you speak with Muslims, a Christian when you speak with Christians, a Jew when you speak with Jews, a Hindu when you speak with Hindus, and so on.

Even I had heard this saying before it had not yet formed within me. And there is probably different answers to this.

It is not that a Sufi take any belief and make it their “own” it is in my understanding more about being there for others, that they are free to have their God/Buddha without being told they are wrong. Telling other`s they are wrong is not a Sufi way of life.

We learn every day, not just about what others believe or think, but about our own being, our own understanding and belief. Life is not about getting “Your” truth out to others, life is about finding the truth within you, and in my understanding, this is what any religion is about. Awakening from within, and it is done by listening to God/Buddha and doing what you are asked to do. Rejecting it and say, no I am better than that, so I don’t care what God say, that is in a way a form of selfishness.

If you have a belief in a certain God, you will have a teaching or at least a form of philosophy you follow or believe in. So you believe in a God, than you meet someone who believe in a different God, as soon you hear this you become a “fighter” My God is better than your God…..is it?

Why can we not be happy for others when it comes to belief? You want others to be happy for you and say, it is so good to hear you found your faith, just hearing this make us feel loved and seen, are we not going to do that to others, when we “expect” to hear it our self?

Then some times you meet people who want to push you down, to crush your belief and tell you how foolish you are to believe in a God “because Gods does not exists”……. I get that some believe so. I get that they do not see any evidence of God, so they cannot believe in it. But shall a believer just sit there and get pushed down day by day because someone tell them God is unreal, non-existing or evil?

I tried to argue with them, it is of no use, the only thing that happens is that I get a bad feeling and thinking that why do I even bother…..Than if I have become irritated and said things I should not. It nags me for the rest of the day, Not that I “lost” the discussion. But that I said words or had thoughts that is of no use, I was not able to love them as it is possible to love a fellow human being who holds a different religious belief.

So every day is a day where a test comes up, and every day it is to find the answer to how did it happen that I was not able to do what the God I believe and love so much, why do I let my own ego get in the way.

Be a fellow human being and love them for who they are, no matter what they believe in. You don’t have to agree with them, but respect goes a long way.
Reading between the lines may help you understand negativity from others. But ignoring is best. Lol
Too bad RF didn’t have a block feature.

King Phenomenon

Most of the negatory isn’t heartfelt thoughts

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Reading between the lines may help you understand negativity from others. But ignoring is best. Lol
Too bad RF didn’t have a block feature.
I dont like blocking people, because they are free to say what they believe, i can not stop anyone from their belief or non belief :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why should we not go our own ways like two strangers by-passing each other on a road? "I love you, you do not love me" - why should that be necessary? Most of the time it is fake, a precursor to interference. That is how evangelists start.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Hello CT,
I always do my very best to acknowledge other people's faiths and religions, but it can be difficult to do that with some.

For example, if you visit some of the more extreme Christian forums you will find that many members will write to you as if you are dirt, and they can do this because they are the bosses and moderators there! :)

To them, anybody who is not Christian and within their particular section of Christianity, such people are evil and of satan (apologies to any satanists on RF). But if you break the most insignificant rule you will get banned for a time or for ever.

It's especially difficult when religious extremists link their politics to their religion, and the outrage of 6th January at the US Capitol showed some us some people who are like this.

It might be best to offer a hard but kind exterior to the world, because any soft kind of love can be grasped and chewed to pieces by some sweethearts. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why should we not go our own ways like two strangers by-passing each other on a road? "I love you, you do not love me" - why should that be necessary? Most of the time it is fake, a precursor to interference.
Looking for unity in all people leave the "Stranger" out of the picture. It is ok to disagree in belief, but why tell someone their belief is wrong. Why not just be happy for them and be their friend. This is what i would seek in life. But yes others may think differently :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Why should we not go our own ways like two strangers by-passing each other on a road? "I love you, you do not love me" - why should that be necessary? Most of the time it is fake, a precursor to interference. That is how evangelists start.

Wise words Aup....
Peaceful reservation...... something like that?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hello CT,
I always do my very best to acknowledge other people's faiths and religions, but it can be difficult to do that with some.

For example, if you visit some of the more extreme Christian forums you will find that many members will write to you as if you are dirt, and they can do this because they are the bosses and moderators there! :)

To them, anybody who is not Christian and within their particular section of Christianity, such people are evil and of satan (apologies to any satanists on RF). But if you break the most insignificant rule you will get banned for a time or for ever.

It's especially difficult when religious extremists link their politics to their religion, and the outrage of 6th January at the US Capitol showed some us some people who are like this.

It might be best to offer a hard but kind exterior to the world, because any soft kind of love can be grasped and chewed to pieces by some sweethearts. :)
You know, after reading your post, i realized something. Non believers who read example my posts will often be in the situation you describe. They see i am a Muslim and they will attack my belief. But if they could meet only friendliness back from me, i believe they would see that not all muslims are evil killing machines :)
There is no need to "defend" my belief, if they do not like it, that is ok, they are free to think what they want

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Looking for unity in all people leave the "Stranger" out of the picture. It is ok to disagree in belief, but why tell someone their belief is wrong. Why not just be happy for them and be their friend. This is what i would seek in life. But yes others may think differently :)

You don't have to agree or disagree with people, but you can tell them that you hear their words.

But if they push you or threaten you with their God's hell, or offer any kind of bad mind, turn and walk.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You don't have to agree or disagree with people, but you can tell them that you hear their words.

But if they push you or threaten you with their God's hell, or offer any kind of bad mind, turn and walk.
No need to walk away, just accept that they do not see the truth as you do, and be open that they are free to believe what they do, if they threatens with hell or other bad things, it is on them.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You know, after reading your post, i realized something. Non believers who read example my posts will often be in the situation you describe. They see i am a Muslim and they will attack my belief. But if they could meet only friendliness back from me, i believe they would see that not all muslims are evil killing machines :)
There is no need to "defend" my belief, if they do not like it, that is ok, they are free to think what they want

Try visiting an extreme forum, not of your own religion, and see how long it takes before you are shunned or worse. Some nutters won't accept your friendliness, I'm afraid. And 'yes' some religions will attack your religion, and also those from other branches of your religion.

Anybody here can see that you care, and offer friendship, but in some places that will leave you open to attack. Only those who are as hard as rock can offer love to all.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

I mean, if i am allowed to speak about my belief to others, so should they be toward me too in their belief. no need to critique, we may learn something from any person we meet i life.

King Phenomenon

Most sincere people that subscribe to a certain religion know that its true importance lies within. They’ll respect others views with ease, no big deal. The others will be easy to spot.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I mean, if i am allowed to speak about my belief to others, so should they be toward me too in their belief. no need to critique, we may learn something from any person we meet i life.

Ah ha! .... speaking about your beliefs to others....... :D
Story! True Story!

I became totally obsessed with a religion!
It was the way!
I wanted to give it freely to the World.

One day I started to tell a rabbi friend all about it. He listened.
I told him more. He listened.
I told him yet more!
And on.... and on....

Eventually he asked 'Is that it?'
I told him 'No! There's more!' .... and he listened.

This is the truth!

And eventually when I quietened and had no more to tell him he said,
'Right..... Now, you've found the right way, and it's going to be perfect. This is what you must do..... you are never ever to tell anybody about this ever again. You must live the perfect -------- life and people will start to see how perfect yiour way is, and they will want to know all about it. Only then, when you are asked, may you ever tell anybody about it again.'

CT...... in seven years nobody ever asked me about it, or myself, or my secrets, or anything. This isn't a clever story, CT, it's the rock bottom truth. It was Rabbi Lionel Blue who told me that sitting on a boat in Salcott Creek, Essex. Never ever to be forgotten.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is ok to disagree in belief, but why tell someone their belief is wrong. Why not just be happy for them and be their friend. This is what I would seek in life. But yes others may think differently :)
No dearth of friends, relatives and family support in India. My views are different from those of my own family. That does not matter here. What matters is the intent of friendship and love. Is it for true or fake?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No dearth of friends, relatives and family support in India. My views are different from those of my own family. That does not matter here. What matters is the intent of friendship and love. Is it for true or fake?
If you love them, does it matter if they do not love you back?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
He forgot atheists.

Ciao

- viole

Yahcubs777

This is the outcome of a belief system with no tangible evidence; no substance to which you can point to and explain in full details what it is; faith, which is the opposite of knowledge. So, would you also love a person who has the mark of the beast? A witch? Wizard? Occultist? A person who just killed someone you love? It is easy to say you love a person because that is supposed to be the result of your faiths, but its just lip service.

The test that comes is not that you believe in GOD, it is that your words are true. For example, the love you say you have will proven true, or proven a lie. That is the law of justification. How can yo be proven according to what you believe that others did not believe when there is no tangible evidence that you can point to that the person sees also as an evidence too? Its also easy to say you love GOD, yet without the accurate knowledge about HIM, how can you? This is the kind that will be tested. And the test that comes again is not your level of belief, but your level of seeking HIM. If you likened it to couple of a Man and a Woman, there are things that both want to know about the other. It is even a desire to know the person that you have liked. So where is this evidence in terms of seeking GOD? If you are the bride, the church, should you not be seeking to know your husband?

My speech may be difficult to understand, sorry about that.