• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just want to love you, but sometimes it is hard to do....

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
To me an atheist is a person who cares about truth and won't accept what someone else says especially when accompanies by a pat on the head
#MeToo.
When someone tells me the Truth, then I love a "pat on the head"
(my Master knew this, and He always gave me a pat on the back or head; except when he acted angry at me, when I did something wrong:D)
(But even that, I loved. Any attention of His was great, probably because I felt His Love, even if He acted like He was mad at me)

Further, secular humanists care about justice and related ideals.
#MeToo again.
I think most humans have this sense of justice in them. Even those who break the Law, know they do something wrong; just can't help themselves

Sufis recognize that love of truth and can join it from their own love of truth.
:cool:

Audie

Veteran Member
I was not talking myself into thinking I love some monster
I referred to the ultimate test as shown in the Bible; when someone kills you
Being able to say like Jesus said "forgive them Father, for they do not know what they do"

Meaning, to be able to see beyond the actions of that person, and being totally unaffected, detached
I am just realistic. I know I am not that far. I met a yogi, who could transent pain; had 13 broken bones in car accident; he did not feel pain

So, I know this is possible, but I am not there yet, and seeing the speed of my improvement, I don't see that happen anytime soon

Does not sound worth the investment for me

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So it does do good for others, the ones you love?
Sufism is beneficial for others then the practitioners yes, but first the sufi must cleanse the heart for all negativity and anger, that is not as easy as it sounds, and yes i am far away from mastering it

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Does not sound worth the investment for me
Being able to transcend pain, so "not feel" any pain, does have a good ring to me, but it takes years of practice. I am not up to that.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Being able to transcent pain, so "not feel" any pain, does have a good ring to me, but it takes years of practice. I am not up to that.
Me too also not either

I guess you know about " transcend dental
medication'

Dave Watchman

I know my feelings toward mom or my
girlfriend. Mom is gone now, but I would have
stepped in front of a bus for her.

"Greater love has no one than this,
that someone lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:13​

But I can think of a few monsters that I would throw the electric chair switch on.

So I agree with Yahcubs777 posts in this thread.

The wheat is growing with the tares right now.

I practice social distancing with the wide gate crowd, stay out of their way while they are going to their destruction.

Keep your head down.

Don't go around tonight.
Well it's bound to take your life.
There's a bad moon on the rise.

Last edited: