• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just realized, i dont understand this world

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I have my scars too. I wasn't so much a bully victim, but In my adolescence I had a hard time keeping up with society's expectations. I often got judged for that and began to hate myself for that. It made me feel like I was "broken". Like my birth was a mistake or something...

Here is how I solved being "broken".
I am "crazy" and I am proud of it, because I have learned to be my best as good enough at that and still cope as me and as part of humanity.

Regards
Mikkel

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hi @oldbadger

I started this thread because i am not happy with my life :) so your thought was spot on.
My problem is that fore more then 25 years i been there for everyone else, my parents got sick, i was there for them, my brother dominated me for 3 years after our mom died, so i did everything for him ( i cut contact 2017)
My ex girlfriend become sick after two years of our relationship so i again stepped in to take care of her, it lead to our brake up in Christmas 2019, still good friend.
But all this lead to, i do not know who I am, i dont find the person Amanaki anymore.

Honestly, Islam opened my eyes to what i was doing was good deeds toward others, but i spend all my energy to be there for others. So when someone tell me, you can go on vacation, be alone for sometime. That is when i get bad consiouesness because if i have gone on vacation, i am not there for others ( i do know its the wrong way to think)
Hi Amanaki.....
I found that more the I tried to help the world, so the more that the world kicked me back in various ways.

I would love to read that you had a happy afternoon doing something very ordinary and meaningless. Do you still have your girlfriend? You joined Islam to be closer to her I think?

The next time somebody criticises you for your action, choice of dinner, purchase, whatever, please just tell them to stop. And if they persist please warn them. And if they persist please just dump them.

From now on you should do things for you...... I know that will be hard, but you need to just be happy.

I'm a Deist and my God is too big to even know about me, so at least I don't have to worry too much about that. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hi Amanaki.....
I found that more the I tried to help the world, so the more that the world kicked me back in various ways.

I would love to read that you had a happy afternoon doing something very ordinary and meaningless. Do you still have your girlfriend? You joined Islam to be closer to her I think?

The next time somebody criticises you for your action, choice of dinner, purchase, whatever, please just tell them to stop. And if they persist please warn them. And if they persist please just dump them.

From now on you should do things for you...... I know that will be hard, but you need to just be happy.

I'm a Deist and my God is too big to even know about me, so at least I don't have to worry too much about that. :)
Yes i am still in relationship with her :)
Most of the area i live in has closed down due to covid-19 so its not easy to go out doing fun things this days unfortunately, but i understand what you mean

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Hi.... And Yes. :)

Amanaki needs to 'go fly a kite' as I have heard folks say.

I might agree in certain contexts but I'll take it a step further and say, go on a picnic with your girlfriend if possible, and literally buy a kite and fly it, not just metaphorically. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I might agree in certain contexts but I'll take it a step further and say, go on a picnic with your girlfriend if possible, and literally buy a kite and fly it, not just metaphorically. :)
That is actually a very good idea :)

In the other kite answers, i am abit unsure they wanted me to get high as a kite :confused: or that i fly a kite that goes high:rolleyes:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm glad to hear that. I feel like as adults, we often carry the scars of our adolescence with us. I know I still do, sometimes.
Yes unfortunately for me i have a bit to many scars to carry mentally and physically but its a part of this crazy life i guess :confused: i dont understand life anyway

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I just realized, i dont understand this world.

There is so many things in this world i do not understand why others do :oops: equally there are so many things i wonder why people do not do.....
The more time i think about it, the more i realize i dont understand this physical way of living.
It kind of scare me a bit, being 43 years old and feeling completely lost when i look around me :(.
Maybe this is how a newborn baby see the world? Very confusing.......

I do not blame others for my misunderstandings in life :)
But i have so many questions that if asked i will look completely like a fool or i will insult people because what i see as normal to me, is very unnatural to them.
What they see as normal to them is very unnatural to me.

Honestly i feel more comfortable totally alone, then in the big world.

( dont worry, i am not going totally kookoo, just realized a few things that feels strange)

This is the RF ask away, people like making you look foolish and the truth is once you sign off nobody knows what you asked and the topic even dies pretty quickly on the RF.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
This is the RF ask away, people like making you look foolish and the truth is once you sign off nobody knows what you asked and the topic even dies pretty quickly on the RF.

I might agree but to compare notes...

I think there are people on this forum that have better science knowledge than the rest of us. But I've kind of picked up that they kind of have all the same human fears as us, they just might be more disguised or manifested differently.

I also want to provide the disclaimer that I don't mean that in a negative fashion as I consider fear one of the qualities which though taboo, makes us relatable humans.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

I think there are people on this forum that have better science knowledge than the rest of us. But I've kind of picked up that they kind of have all the same human fears as us, they just might be more disguised or manifested differently.

I also want to provide the disclaimer that I don't mean that in a negative fashion as I consider fear one of the qualities which though taboo, makes us relatable humans.

To expand a little more so people know what I'm actually saying...

Some of us are more knowledgeable than others on some subjects. But I'm seeing something we share in common. We stick to our worldview. We don't like it challenged and if it is, it makes us feel uneasy as there's fear of, what will happen to me if my world is shattered? How will I pick up the pieces?

This is my own opinion and really my perception only.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

What I find about the RF is that it gives me completely different views from mine. This allows me to research my own thoughts and find new ways of thinking. I like the people that back up there information with experience, facts and science I can research myself unless it is newly released and I didn't know about it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm not sure it is a good thing to have too much understanding of the world, given that the more intelligent and thoughtful might be the least happy (see links, but perhaps not), and when the majority don't even get close to such. But if one understands that most people don't have a lot of volition in what they do or believe then perhaps it all makes more sense, and hence less judgment is likely to come towards others - and oneself. Even if this all sounds a bit condescending it is perhaps true.

Are Highly Intelligent People Less Happy? - “Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know”
5 Struggles Only Highly Intelligent People Suffer From
6 Reasons Why Intelligent People Fail to Be Happy - Learning Mind

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We stick to our worldview. We don't like it challenged and if it is, it makes us feel uneasy as there's fear of, what will happen to me if my world is shattered?
I like it when I am challenged. Why would I leave my belief to which I have come after much thought and study? I have been through difficult times. I abandoned my Gods and Goddesses. The sense of duty to my family supported me.
I spent 43 years in this world, still not understand it, why do you think it will change? The world only get more crazy.
Well, you have taken up a new religion, a new God, a new scripture, and perhaps soon a new family. You are making progress.
Listed the article for bobhikes, but you are welcome to read it.

syo

But i have so many questions that if asked i will look completely like a fool
This reminds me of when I wanted to be a pagan. I wanted to become a pagan because I love the Gods. But I knew nothing of paganism, etc.

And I did this. I forgot EVERYTHING I knew at that time and I said ''I am starting from scratch.'' I know nothing, and I will ask all the question anew. I am still asking. And I am taking my time to find the answers. No rush. :)

If the ''answer'' makes me mentally sick, then it's not the answer.